Sprinter or Transit?

Polonus

I am about to order a van for a base to build a campervan. I was ready to go with Transit, until I configured it - when I added everything I want it came to a whooping 50K. Then I decided to check a Sprinter. To my surprise Mercedes with gas engine was less expensive (cheaper somehow does not belong to Mercedes brand). And now I have real dilemma. What to do?

Mercedes Sprinter Pros: Nicer cab, surroundings near driver and passenger seats, better views by the windows, price, navigation system, prestige.
Cons: Underpowered engine, expensive service, infrequent dealer network.

Ford Transit Pros: Powerful engine, Ford dealer in (almost) every town, every mechanic knows Fords, cheap maintenance, bigger fuel tank
Cons: Dashboard not as nice as Sprinter's, costs more to buy.

My configurations:

Ford: Model Cargo Van, XL, Transit 250, High Roof, 148", 3.5L EcoBoost V6 Engine, 10-Speed Automatic Overdrive with SelectShift® Auxiliary, Transmission Oil Cooler 3.31 Limited Slip Axle $41,855
Paint Blue Jeans $200
Exterior Upgrade Package - SRW $360
Running Boards – Extended Length $655
Extended Range Fuel Tank (31 gallons) $285
Exterior Lighting – Front Fog Lamps $105
Short Arm Power Adjusting, Manual-Folding Mirrors $0
16" Steel Wheels with Full Silver Wheel Cover $0
235/65R16C 121/119 R BSW All-Season Tires $0
Interior
Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, 4-Way Manual Swivel Driver and 4-Way Manual Swivel Passenger Seats $1,385
Floor Covering – Front Carpet $35
Push Down Manual Parking Brake $195
Cruise Control with Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD) $325
Dual Alternator $845
Audio Pack #28: AM/FM Stereo with Bluetooth and HD SiriusXM®, Audio Input Jack, and 8" Colored Multi-Function Touch Screen with Navigation $1,220
Accessories Roof Rack System - Four Bars $415

Payment
Base MSRP $41,855
Total of Options $6,025
Destination Charges $1,695
Total MSRP $49,575

Mercedes: Vehicle 2020 Sprinter Cargo Van

Starting at $34,495
Length 144" Wheelbase $2,775
Height High Roof $0
Powertrain Gas Engine $0
Class 2500 (4420 lbs. Payload) $1,225 / $36
Exterior Color Steel Blue $0 / $0
Interior Color Caluma Black Upholstery $56
Other Charges Destination and Delivery $1,495
Build Subtotal $40,046
Selected Packages & Accessories Comfort Package (Seat addition) $368
Edit Selections Comfort Package $262
Chrome Grille Package $280
C02 in combination with C03 $656
Exterior Lighting Package $1,553
Premium Plus Package $2,126
Driver Convenience Package $994
Rain sensor $102
Parking Package $594
Mounting rails for roof rack $290
Illuminated front exits $146
AGM BATTERY 12V 92 Ah 850 A $98
Omission of D-Rings $-15
Overhead storage slot, front center $101
Packages & Accessories Subtotal $7,555
Build Total $47,601

Engine options. Transit:

3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine 310 hp @ 5,000 rpm Torque 400 ft.-lbs.@ 2,500 rpm
3.5L PFDi V6 Engine 275 hp @ 6,500 rpm Torque 262 ft.-lbs.@ 3,750 rpm
All Transits have now 10-speed AT

Mercedes Sprinter:
I-4 188 hp @ 5,000 rpm Torque 258 lb-ft @ 2,500–3,500 rpm
Gas engine comes with a 9-speed AT

I am not sure if destination charges for Sprinter are included and I don't know how much I have to add for a LED/HID lights for the Transit. Sprinter has only 22-24 gallons fuel tank, but it is possible to buy auxiliary second tank. Transit EcoBoost engine is about $1,500 option.

I am living in NC and planning to go, when retired in couple of years, for trips around the USA, West Coast, Utah, Alaska - several months a year, with my wife.

I wander what is your opinion about the choice? Which would you buy to build an RV and why?

Last edited:

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
I am living in NC and planning to go, when retired in couple of years, for trips around the USA, West Coast, Utah, Alaska - several months a year, with my wife.
You answered your own question.

I owned a 2008 Sprinter for 5 years and now a 2015 Transit for 5 years. Easily prefer the Transit.

The new Sprinter will get better MPG and the Transit is much more responsive and fun to drive.

More information on the vehicles and building a conversion:

Polonus

[...] The new Sprinter will get better MPG and the Transit is much more responsive and fun to drive.
I think both gas engines should have similar MPG figures. Sprinter's is smaller, but has to work harder.

Can you explain the "fun to drive" part? I thought Sprinter drives like a luxury car, when Transit has to be a "work horse" of the vans. My test drive at the MB dealer is scheduled for Wednesday. I drove Ford and RAM, didn't like either, but it was very short drive around the block. My Volvo VNL, 18-wheeler, rides better. (just kidding, but not really).

T town

The dual alternators in the Transit cannot be unlinked as far as anyone knows. So you cannot get one dedicated to charging only the house battery. However, there is a CCP on the drivers seat which I think on your build is fused at 175 amps. That is the start of your house battery charging if you go with alternator charging. It’s like a one bolt hookup/starting point. You are mandated to get 2 chassis batteries with either dual alternators or swivel seats.
You cannot, as of 2020, get any other headlight beyond halogen with a cargo van.
2021 is rumored to get an electronic parking brake thus opening up more room between the seats which is narrower than a Sprinter.
You can add AWD to Most any transit for $4,000? IDK, I’d have to look it up. But it keeps the exact same chassis height. Ford does this as its first and foremost a trade/delivery van and they did not want to have drivers getting in and out many times a day having to step up higher each time. This has a benefit to us older folks for ingress. Other side of the coin is needing a little lift and bigger tires if you want deteriorated forest road capability.
There is much more to differentiate the two vans in addition to this. Go to the Transit USA forum and ask any question you’d like. There are helpful as well as grumpy people aplenty over there.

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
Ditto of adding fuel cost to the calculation.
For years I've been carrying Truck Campers on trucks and big camper with slide is very comfortable, but even at slow driving Ford truck delivers max 12 mpg.
So now, since we no longer plan cross-continent vacations, I bought Sprinter bus, who at 22 mpg is cheap enough to drive everywhere and with dual AC the 115F heats we frequent are not an issue.
But main rule about any MB used in USA, if you don't DIY, you better keep warranty on it, or stealers will drain your house equity.
BTW there is MB dealer on ebay who can custom-order van for you for pretty nice discount.
Buying out of state is not for everybody, but when you have time to travel....

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
I think both gas engines should have similar MPG figures. Sprinter's is smaller, but has to work harder.

Can you explain the "fun to drive" part? I thought Sprinter drives like a luxury car, when Transit has to be a "work horse" of the vans. My test drive at the MB dealer is scheduled for Wednesday. I drove Ford and RAM, didn't like either, but it was very short drive around the block. My Volvo VNL, 18-wheeler, rides better. (just kidding, but not really).
The Transit handles much better. The ride is better. Transit drives more like a car than a dump truck. Even my unobservant wife made a comment so it must be a definite difference.

Did improve both handling and ride when I removed the Transit undersized OEM 235/65/16 tires and replaced them with 245/70/16 tires. But even before the tire change the Transit handled much better. I do drive them hard at times.

It is important to drive both vehicles far enough to determine which one is best for your needs.

Do agree that Sprinter has much more "prestige" than a Transit and it looks better.

Last edited:

Polonus

Is Transit as tall and as long as Sprinter?
They are about the same. Short Sprinter, high roof is 19'4" long on 144 wheelbase, 6'3" high inside and 123" long inside. Midsize Transit is 19'8" long on 148" wheelbase, 6'5" high and 124" long inside. So Transit inside has 2 inches more headroom and 1 inch more "legroom". They both 69" wide inside. Promaster beats them both here, with 73" wide body. It is also 2 inches longer inside then Ford, but 3 inches lower.

We are planning to add body flares to be able to build a bad "sideways", because with 20 foot Van there is no room to waste, but we don't want to go over 20 feet with our mini-RV

Kajtek1

We are planning to add body flares to be able to build a bad "sideways", because with 20 foot Van there is no room to waste, but we don't want to go over 20 feet with our mini-RV

Why is that? Per my experience from equipment hauling,extra length and weight will bring minimal mpg penalty on highway cruising, why not much can screw you vacations more than sitting in crappy RV.
I bought long and tall Sprinter to convert it to limo/rv that fits Queen size bed and seating for 10, yet I think now I can build much better conversion and am on the market for extended van as the extended space might allow me to add wet toilet to the shower, what in present conversion is Porta-potty
Also dualy grows on me as SRW on big bus gives lot of rocking.
Also noticed your cons on MB with smaller tank. My tank gives me 550 miles range, what is it on Ford?

Last edited:

Polonus

The dual alternators in the Transit cannot be unlinked as far as anyone knows. So you cannot get one dedicated to charging only the house battery. However, there is a CCP on the drivers seat which I think on your build is fused at 175 amps. That is the start of your house battery charging if you go with alternator charging. It’s like a one bolt hookup/starting point. You are mandated to get 2 chassis batteries with either dual alternators or swivel seats.
I don't understand that part. So what the second alternator is for? My understanding is that with two alternators one is wired to the van electrical system and the second one can be wired to auxiliary batteries. Am I wrong?

You cannot, as of 2020, get any other headlight beyond halogen with a cargo van.
Too bad. Is it possible to buy whole lamp assembly and change it? Or just change the halogen bulb for a LED one? I know it isn't quite legal, but it works in many vehicles without blinding the oncoming traffic.

BTW there is MB dealer on ebay who can custom-order van for you for pretty nice discount.
Buying out of state is not for everybody, but when you have time to travel....
Can you link his offer? I cannot find it.

Why is that? Per my experience from equipment hauling,extra length and weight will bring minimal mpg penalty on highway cruising, why not much can screw you vacations more than sitting in crappy RV.
I bought long and tall Sprinter to convert it to limo/rv that fits Queen size bed and seating for 10, yet I think now I can build much better conversion and am on the market for extended van as the extended space might allow me to add wet toilet to the shower, what in present conversion is Porta-potty
We were perfectly happy traveling in our BMW 3 series, so even smallest van will be like the cathedral. 20 feet vehicle fits in most parking spaces. I also heard that some parks has 20-feet restrictions for vehicles entering some roads. 20 feet camper does not have to be "crappy". If is well planned, can be quite comfortable for our needs.

Also noticed your cons on MB with smaller tank. My tank gives me 550 miles range, what is it on Ford?
Range depends on fuel tank size and fuel consumption. MB has 22-24 gallons tanks, Ford has optional 31 gallon tank available.

RVBarry

Hi, you may want to add seat swivels in the Sprinter; they are not very expensive.
And doorway grab handles.

Are you going to build a floor? The MBZ cargo floor (with D-Rings) is a commonly-used option in DIY conversions. L-Track ("lashing rails") can also be ordered.

You may also want to look at the various suspension options; one of them is important for reducing the rear leaf spring noise.
Other heavy duty options add heavier anti-roll bars, iirc.
And the comfort suspension adds a variable/compound leaf spring for comfort when not fully loaded.

Kajtek1

Range depends on fuel tank size and fuel consumption. MB has 22-24 gallons tanks, Ford has optional 31 gallon tank available.
I was happy when 35 gallons on my F350 gave me 300 miles range with the camper. So you have to set your mind for real comparison, not sale pitches.
The ebay dealer I think is http://www.ebaystores.com/Euromotorcars-Mercedes-Benz?_rdc=1
I talk to him about a year ago and he can custom-order Sprinter for good discount. .. but research your state laws on importing new vehicles.
I used to live in CA and the state require the vehicle to have about 2000 miles to be considered used and legally brought to CA.
Than 3 years ago I bought F350 in CA, while at the time having NV address.
The selling dealer send my papers to CA DMV and the CA office registered the truck with NV address.
So 3 years later I sold NV truck with CA title.
Never think there is limit in government procedures stupidity.

T town

I don’t yet have a Transit so I can’t tell you the ins and outs of the alternators. Dual alt. comes with dual chassis batteries. I think the alternators are meant for ambulance conversions where they will idle and be under very heavy electrical loads at times. In fact you can get an ambulance pkg. from Ford which has all we talked about and ALSO dispenses with stop/start on the ecoboost knowing an ambulance will pull up somewhere and not want the thing stopping all the time. Any civilian can get this option pkg.
Along with this are the CCPs, customer connection points. You will get a 175 amp that is hot when the engine is on and a 60 amp that I believe is always hot. Again, don’t listen to me, get on the Transit forum. There is a guy who works with Matt Ford in Kansas City and he is well versed in ordering cargo, passenger and crew vans with lots of options. His name on the site is Crewvanman and you will see his comments everywhere. He knows all the details on ordering, tracking, delivering vans. I believe you can no longer order a 2020 model.

T town

BTW, don’t get the speed limiting device. It is only there so your employee doesn’t drive faster than you want him to. Ford has an adaptive cruise but it is expensive. $750 or so? But I hear they are nice to have. Of course they have a cheaper, regular cruise too. Ford also has some other optional safety stuff like a wide view front and rear camera, blind spot sensors, etc... It all costs money but I think I’m getting most of them. They even have auto park in the length you are considering but not on the extended 22 footer.

Polonus

Are you going to build a floor? The MBZ cargo floor (with D-Rings) is a commonly-used option in DIY conversions. L-Track ("lashing rails") can also be ordered.

You may also want to look at the various suspension options; one of them is important for reducing the rear leaf spring noise.
Other heavy duty options add heavier anti-roll bars, iirc.
And the comfort suspension adds a variable/compound leaf spring for comfort when not fully loaded.
Thx for the tips about suspension. I'd like to build my own floor, with better acoustic/thermal insulation.

I was happy when 35 gallons on my F350 gave me 300 miles range with the camper. So you have to set your mind for real comparison, not sale pitches.
The ebay dealer I think is http://www.ebaystores.com/Euromotorcars-Mercedes-Benz?_rdc=1
I talk to him about a year ago and he can custom-order Sprinter for good discount. .. but research your state laws on importing new vehicles.
I used to live in CA and the state require the vehicle to have about 2000 miles to be considered used and legally brought to CA.
Than 3 years ago I bought F350 in CA, while at the time having NV address.
The selling dealer send my papers to CA DMV and the CA office registered the truck with NV address.
So 3 years later I sold NV truck with CA title.
Never think there is limit in government procedures stupidity.
That is one of the reasons why I never move to California. But NC is "normal" state. BTW I like your nick. Does it mean what I think it mean? :cool:

In fact you can get an ambulance pkg. from Ford which has all we talked about and ALSO dispenses with stop/start on the ecoboost knowing an ambulance will pull up somewhere and not want the thing stopping all the time. Any civilian can get this option pkg.

. Again, don’t listen to me, get on the Transit forum. There is a guy who works with Matt Ford in Kansas City and he is well versed in ordering cargo, passenger and crew vans with lots of options. His name on the site is Crewvanman and you will see his comments everywhere. He knows all the details on ordering, tracking, delivering vans. I believe you can no longer order a 2020 model.
I am not in a hurry, 2021 would be fine. Which forum you mean? Can you link it? Start-Stop sucks in any vehicle, fortunately in the BMW my wife drives it can be disabled and car remembers that choice.

BTW, don’t get the speed limiting device. It is only there so your employee doesn’t drive faster than you want him to. Ford has an adaptive cruise but it is expensive. $750 or so? But I hear they are nice to have. Of course they have a cheaper, regular cruise too. Ford also has some other optional safety stuff like a wide view front and rear camera, blind spot sensors, etc... It all costs money but I think I’m getting most of them. They even have auto park in the length you are considering but not on the extended 22 footer.
I am driving 18-wheeler, 53' trailer every day, no backup camera, so I probably can handle 20-feet van. However my truck has adaptive cruise control and speed limiter set at 65 MPH. I hate them both.

People drive in packs. I am working at night - actually I am about to go to work now. I see coming group of cars, sometimes over 10 of them, following to closely, passing, cutting themselves off, etc. For next 10 minutes - nobody on the freeway until next pack arrives. With active cruise I'd be part of it, with "cheap" CC they pass me and I'd have the whole freeway for myself. :sneaky:

RVBarry

I've created a spreadsheet for what I'd probably order on a 2020 Sprinter... This is the gasoline version; if I were to get a diesel, I'd add the D5 Hydronic heater option (H12 + H88) as well (and high idle if it's still possible to get).

Note a few things are not possible to order together, for example the L-Track ("lashing rails") on walls/ceiling cannot be ordered with the "Luxury Interior"; Therefore the subtotal is impossibly high.

OPTIONCODEPRICEPRIORITYCATEGORYCOMMENTSLINK1LINK2LINK3LINK4
front floor mat???aftermarket is around $100 and not perfect fit
Additional DIN-slotFE9$ 79
4​
AUXCB? powered DIN SLOT UNDER DASH on passenger side
Cigarette lighter & ash cup, frontV85$ 38DELAUXDELETE?
Cutoff relay for additional batteryE36$ 106
7​
AUXDELETE?
Alternatitives: BlueSea ACR; Victron, ...
EK1 Body Builder ConnectorEK1S
9​
AUX3 connnectors under-seat: batt, ignition, alternator running. Should be standard.EqB 2019 p 39
Overhead storage slot, front centerFF8$ 101
9​
AUX
STOR
POWERED DIN SLOT UP TOP; for CB,
switches, radar power
EqB 2019 p 53
Light-alloy wheels 6.5 J x 16RL5$ 875
3​
BLINGaround same weight as steel; expensive
Cargo lashing rails, head heightVC4$ 401
7​
CARGOL-Track; not compat w many trim options
Lashing Rails, floor-level (plus 4 anchors)VV2$ 334
7​
CARGOL-Track;
not compat w many trim options?
Lashing Rails, waist-levelV42$ 267
7​
CARGOL-Track; not compat w many trim options
Wood floor with 6 D-ringsV43$ 408
7​
CARGOCHOOSE L-Track FIRST to avoid req a side
wall trim or panel option
mbz usa config site weirdness
Cargo straps, (for) lashing railsYK4-DELCARGOSTRAPS ONLY for L-Track; DELETE $100
Rear doors, opening to side wallW54-DELCONVDEL; $347 NO LONGER HAVE STOPS; NO LADDER!https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/79538/
Light/motion sensor in rear compartmentL71-DELDELDELETE. $52 This is an automatic light; not for alarm
Half-sided step rear (for trailer hitch)QA9$ 98TBDCLEARreq Q24 hitch
Trailer Hitch, 5,000 lbs.Q24$ 142TBDCLEARTBD? Lower clearance / angle of departure
Assist handle, B-pillarT74$ 31
9​
CONV
Assist handle, left rear doorT85$ 31
8​
CONV
Assist handles, right rear doorT86$ 31
8​
CONV
Door-mounted assist handles, driver & passengerT75$ 57
9​
CONV
Electric closing assist right sliding door (soft close)T50$ 323
9​
CONVdoor closes hard and loud without this;
might work w 3-button remote
Optional 3- Button KeysFY7$ 35
8​
CONVextra button unlocks rear and side doors
Charging package, dashboardES5$ 80
7​
CONV
AUX
Note: In combo w E1B (Tray for phones incl Wireless Charging), upper USB
allows conn devices to multimedia system.
Adds 2 5V USB-C + 1 12 V power socket. 1 USB port + 12V socket are in center storage recess of instrument panel. 2nd USB port is in lower center console.
(diesel only option) Engine oil level display at cold startF49DIESEL
Basic electric fitting for rear loudspeakersEP7$ 65
3​
ENTterminals under seat for rr speakers. DELETE?
Electrically heated windshieldF49$ 210
8​
HEATmore imp. for diesel. runs w engine only.
Req AGM batt ED4 (ok)
Heat insulation, front compartmentH04$ 180
8​
HEATOK if not going to re-insulate front myself. Do not get rear insulation; it sucks
Rear Heater PrepH88$ 391
9​
HEATCould use for rear heater / water heater, but
only when engine is hot.
(def want on diesel + H12)
High Idle PresetM53?
7​
HEAT
A/C
maybe, dep on price and need.
Missing from DOG, but still in EqB
Fuel-Fired Pre-Heater/Booster (17K BTU)
D5 Hydronic - "Hot-Water Auxiliary heater (stationary heater)"
H12-
11​
HEATDIESELDIESEL ONLY $1078 ($5300 more total inc engine). Ask retrofitters how much
Chrome Grille Package
REQ FOR LED Lighting Pkg
X67$ 280RLEDchrome strips + front paint matches body (std black grill is fugly)
Will work w UK driving lights??
Exterior Lighting Package (LED HEADLIGHTS)
LEDs Cannot be ordered piecemeal
X13$ 1,553
9​
LEDREQ X67 Chrome Grille pkg!
LG7 LED headlights, tail lights
L13 fog lamps
LA1 High Beam Assist (BAD)
"C02 in combination with C03"
adds Premium to Premium+
CA2$ 656RPREMREQUIRED for Premium+ … gives:
wet wipers
active brake assist BA3
active lane keeping assist
Rain sensorJF1$ 102RPREMreq for wet wipers ergo Prem+ requirement
Driver Convenience PackageC01$ 994RPREM
CONV
req. by prem/prem+ & 360* cam
Parking Package with 360 degree cameraJB6$ 748
10​
PREM
SAFE
req electric mirrors, blind spot assist, & prem+
Premium Plus PackageC03$ 2,126RPREM
SAFE
Nav 10.25" 3yr update, Distronic, 'acoustic'
sound deadening, tray for smartphones, Sirius XM, parking pkg (add 360*)
Parametric special module (PSM)ED5$ 306
3​
PSMprolly don't need. Might be needed for M53 high idle?
Mounting rails for roof rackD13$ 290
10​
ROOF
SOLAR
NEEDED. Note Thule awnings OK w kit, Fiamma bad
Cruise controlMS1$ 255?SAFEDELETE? - Web Site adding it BUT SHOULD
NOT NEED W ET4 DISTRONIC
First-aid kitY10$ 26
7​
SAFE
Illuminated front exitsLB9$ 146
8​
SAFELEDs in step, + incandescent lights in doors
Interior rear view mirrorF61$ 35
9​
SAFEcan mount 'dashcam' to mirror
Security alarm w. interior motion sensorFY1$ 564
8​
SAFEmotion sensor may need to be turned down,
covered, or disabled.
third party alarm is over $400 parts only
Wheel chocksY26$ 37
8​
SAFEyellow rubber; w tiedown on rear pillar.
Alternatives not sig. cheaper
Jack, HydraulicY43$ -SSAFESTANDARD. "Easy tire changing"DOG p 41
Armrest, driver's and co-driver's doorS28$ 49
9​
SEATDoor armrests (front); upgrades door panels no chargeEqB p 104
Comfort PackageC00$ 262
9​
SEATseat upgrades, non electric. (comfort+ $1000 EXTRA, too exp)DOG p 47
Comfort Package (Seat addition)C05$ 368RSEATREQUIRED. includes both seatsDOG p 47
Handbrake lever, foldingBE2$ 53RSEATneeded w swivel seats
Heated driver's seatH16$ 274
7​
SEAT
Heated front passenger seatH15$ 274
7​
SEAT
Swivel Seat PackageX69$ 514
8​
SEATboth seats. Should incl SZ7/SZ8 storage
nets; CONFIRM
Wheel house coveringV35$ 101
6​
STORrubber over wheel wells (sound deadening, etc.)
Storage compart. w/ net in rear doorsVA7$ 122
9​
STOR
WIND
Req if getting rear windows
Front axle reinforcedA50$ 335
7​
SUSPfront axle rating of 4410 lbshttps://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/70962/#post-710295
Rear spring vibration absorbersCT1$ 134
8​
SUSPreduces rattle noise
Stabilization Level IICB8$ 699
7​
SUSP"enhanced roll stabilization with higher body damping"
Suspension for comfort and load protectionCB1$ 233
8​
SUSPdouble-leaf parabolic springs w progressive spring characteristic, increase comfort in unloaded vehicles
Luxury Interior Trim (wall panels)V21$ 639TBDTBDrear dark grey fabric interior; inc 5 rear USB-C ports (prob not always on?)
MIGHT be compat w L-Track
Pairs w V31 window pillar covers, V36 ceiling ('roof trim'), etc. (which would proly NOT be compat)
EqB p121
Roof Trim (entire ceiling)V36$ 847TBDTBDrear dark grey fabric interior;
compat w L-Track??
EqB p123
Window Pillar TrimV31$ 496TBDTBDrear dark grey fabric interior;
compat w L-Track??
EqB p123
Specially requested tiresRM9$ 98TBDTIREfee to order Michelins. Consider delete +
ask dealer to install Michelin Defender M/S after delivery
Tire Brand MichelinRF8$ -TBDTIRE$98 RM9 fee to order Michelins. Consider delete + ask dealer to install Michelin Defender M/S after delivery.
DO NOT GET CONTINENTAL A/S!
2nd row, fixed window, driver sideW16$ 140R?WINDneeded if getting Luxury Interior so
panels match having 2 windows.
Repl w AMA / CRL Awning window later
Emergency ExitW33$ 366
9​
WINDleft side. IF NOT REPLACING w AMA/CRL.
May add W70 black tinting? Req W16,V31
2nd row, fixed window, passenger sideW17$ 140
9​
WINDfixed window on sliding door, OK
Black tinting (90%) for rear windowsW70$ 134
9​
WINDSHOULD be able to order w H22 & W61
(and W17) but not working
May be included with W33 Emergency Exit
Rear window defrosterH22$ 245
6​
WIND
Windows in rear doorsW61$ 90
9​
WINDgood. Also req VA7 storage comp w net in rear doors
AGM BATTERY 12V 92 Ah 850 AED4$ 98
8​
WIND
AUX
HEAT
AGM STARTER BATTERY. Req for heat frt
window & H12 (D5) & H88 heater prep, prolly good idea regardless
ZZZ TOTALZZZ$ 19,112
99​
ZZZTOTAL (without H12)

Last edited:

Kajtek1

That is one of the reasons why I never move to California. But NC is "normal" state. BTW I like your nick. Does it mean what I think it mean? :cool:
Thanks to CA great economy I could afford earlier retirement in Las Vegas.
The nick was given to me by my father when I was about 4 and played with other kids behind apartment building.
God, I hated it then for "Kajtek bez majtek"

Last edited:

Polonus

I've created a spreadsheet for what I'd probably order on a 2020 Sprinter... This is the gasoline version; if I were to get a diesel, I'd add the D5 Hydronic heater option (H12 + H88) as well (and high idle if it's still possible to get).

Note a few things are not possible to order together, for example the L-Track ("lashing rails") on walls/ceiling cannot be ordered with the "Luxury Interior"; Therefore the subtotal is impossibly high.

Thx, very helpful

Thanks to CA great economy I could afford earlier retirement in Las Vegas.
Understood. Economy in NC is great too, but as a trucker I wont become a millionare any time soon. Planning to work till I am 65

The nick was given to me by my father when I was about 4 and played with other kids behind apartment building.
God, I hated it then for "Kajtek bez majtek"
But now is very nice and likable. BTW I sent you PW. At least I think I did...

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
How tall are you? I am 5'-10" tall and sleep sideways without body flares in Transit. Have 1 1/2" of rigid insulation in window indents which results in 73 1/2" bed length.

Polonus

How tall are you? I am 5'-10" tall and sleep sideways without body flares in Transit. Have 1 1/2" of rigid insulation in window indents which results in 73 1/2" bed length.
Transit literature claims it is 69" inside. 5'10" adds to 70". Where did you get that figures? With insulation you would be several inches short on space.

Top Bottom