Mercedes Sprinter Exterior Lighting Package

dattagroover

I'm ordering a new 170" Sprinter 4X4 this week.

Am considering the Exterior lighting option, and would love to know your experience with it, especially on a 2019 or 2020. It's an expensive option ($1500) so I want to consider it carefully.

Thanks!

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, it requires the chrome grille, so add another $325 or so.

I have LED lights on my leased BMW i3, and will never go back to HIDs or halogens.

It includes the fog lights, which iirc are not LED (but aftermarket bulbs can be installed). The fogs can be ordered separately if you decide not to get the package.

red_johnny

Interested as well. I heard a few different things, some like it and others are meh. We ordered this option on our 2020 passenger and will be picking it up either the end of this month or beginning of next month.

VanGoSki

The LEDs are fantastic. The only meh I've seen was from someone whose van didn't have them aligned correctly. What I like about them are daylight color, a wide, bright, even dispersal with a sharp height cut-off that doesn't blind oncoming drivers. They look cool too. :cool:

lndscpe

Absolutely love the LED’s on my 2020! I waited forever to make sure I would be able to get them on my order. It was worth the wait ?. But do change out the fog lights to LED’s, if you get them, as the halogens just don’t cut it next to the LED headlights ?

dattagroover

Hi, it requires the chrome grille, so add another $325 or so.

I have LED lights on my leased BMW i3, and will never go back to HIDs or halogens.

It includes the fog lights, which iirc are not LED (but aftermarket bulbs can be installed). The fogs can be ordered separately if you decide not to get the package.
Unfortunately, MB does not currently offer them, at least not on Sprinters. Apparently there is a major supply issue with the vendor.
:rolleyes:

dattagroover

Absolutely love the LED’s on my 2020! I waited forever to make sure I would be able to get them on my order. It was worth the wait ?. But do change out the fog lights to LED’s, if you get them, as the halogens just don’t cut it next to the LED headlights ?
You got lucky. Right now you cannot order a 2020 Sprinter with that package. The dealer says it is due to vendor issues. I was able to get the upgraded fog and turn signals.

dattagroover

Interested as well. I heard a few different things, some like it and others are meh. We ordered this option on our 2020 passenger and will be picking it up either the end of this month or beginning of next month.
I hope you get them. They stopped offering them for the new 2020s.

4x4Benz

My name came up back in 2019 and when I heard the LED light package wasn't available I said i would wait. Finally in May 2020 I received my van with the LED's, glad I waited!

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Are you able to turn off the halogen lights? Went to a drivein last night and could not get the LEDs to turn off in accessory or ignition modes (need radio for sound). I ended up pulling the connectors on the headlights and covering the taillights. Bulbs weren't lit, just leds.

Later I found the fuses for the headlights under the passenger footrest, but nothing for the taillights (ncv3 was under driver). Pulling the connectors were easier than fuses for the headlights.

Eric B

oh man ... @430 hp 70 ... bet the MBZ engineers never predicted that use case for a Sprinter van ... did they "seat" you in the back row so as not to block people's visibility from behind ? ... it might be a nice single solitary positive to come out of this experience if drive-in's make a come back ...

Top Bottom