T1N 4x4 transfer box w/reduction gear installation/retrofit

drmikey

I have a 2006 T1n Chassis cab 4x4. Didnt have low range transfer box but Ive just bought one with the 2 solenoids and the low range switch

Im struggling to find any wiring and pneumatic diagrams of the system so I can install (Ive checked the resources and manuals but cant find anything)

Has anyone any info that could help, or someone who may have done this before?

Eric Experience

Mikey.
Its not that easy. You need the transfer case control and you need to tell the ECU you have a ZG3 system, If you just hot wire it the ECU will chuck a code when in low range. Where are you located? Eric.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Once you’ve wired things correctly, a UK-based Benz dealer may be able to flash the correct firmware into your transmission (and engine?) module.

(The 4wd versions never came to North America so I don’t believe our dealers support them?)

-dave

radu

Hi, I also have a 2004 Sprinter 4x4 313 on which I hope to install a low range transfer box. From what I have seen the models under 3.5 T usually don't have it. Can you post your progress? Good luck!

Waynos79

As above, very keen to hear any developments with this I also have a T1N 4x4 (2004 313 LWB) and would like to retro fit a low range box but seems to be scarce info out there regarding the electrical/hydraulic set up ?

Top Bottom