2005 MB Cruiser - No Power to Generator Starter

kenj356

I had my RV parked for several months during the winter here in Florida. Everything worked when I parked it. When I attempt to start the generator now I get NOTHING. No power is going to the starter. I've checked everywhere for fuses that I think might have a connection to the generator and found all intact. I also checked to see if any wires going to the generator have been severed thinking maybe I had a rodent problem but I found all of the wiring to be intact. Does anyone have any other suggestions for things to check? Is it possible there is a safety switch somewhere that might be preventing power going to the starter? Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

My gen LP2500 gave me troubles for a while: turning over but dieing when I let go of the starter switch, dieing after about 20 min, etc, etc, etc... I finally had it. I needed my gennie work when I want, so I got a Honda EU2200i. I am very happy with this gennie. It runs 3-4 hours with a gallon gasoline, always starts, always runs, no more guessing for anything and best of all, I can always rely on it when I need to run the roof AC in death valley!

kenj356

Thanks for your reply. I want to try to get my generator running if possible. I think it must be something simple that I am missing. It's difficult to trouble shoot the unit due to access problems and lack of documentation. It ran well with no problems before this happened and I've had the MB Cruiser for 7+ years.

Fortunately, mine didn't give me "no start" problem, so can't help you much. You said you've checked all the electricals, fuses, then it might be the starter itself? Once mine will only run when I hold down the start switch and I took it to the Onan dealer. They said it is the magneto and charged me about $1,000, almost same price as a used running one. It ran for several times but the problem developed again. I adjusted sensitivity and speed screws and it worked again. I knew I was screwed by the dealer. From my experience with Onan LP2500, I can never be assured it will work when I really need it. That's where Honda EU2200i comes in. After all, LP2500 is about 16 years old although I only have less than 400 hours on the clock. I hope you can figure out the starter problem. Ask around and see how much they will charge. My generator is located on the right rear and it takes time to just remove for higher labor cost. If they are quoting you anywhere near $1,000, consider the Honda. It's around $1,100.

Top Bottom