Pump works but no water at faucets?!

Adolphus

Hi, I’m trying to diagnose my cabin water pump flow problem on my westy. I can use city water hookup and have good pressure at faucets. When I turn on my pump and try to use tank water I get no flow through the faucets with the pump on. I disconnected the pump from the outflow tube and have good water pressure outflow at the submersible pump. When I first noticed the problem the pump had popped off the outflow tube. I thought reconnecting it might fix the problem but not so. Any idea as to why water won’t move forward from the pump? Worked just fine previously.

Adolphus

Actually, that's probably would be what would have happened again eventually. I found the hose coupler at the pump has an internal one way check valve. Flipped it over and now alls good. The check valve must have been stuck open ever since I last replaced the pump (months ago). Lucky me it finally started to work (and shut the flow off).

Auntie van

this is helpful, I have the same problem of pump works and no water. New owner....how do I get to the water pump? where is it at? thanks

grozier

Slide the bench seat forward, pull the end bed cushion out of the way and open the door in the panel there. The pump is toward the right side of the tank. You need to unscrew the large round tank cover / level sensor for access.

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Auntie Van:

Welcome.

1. Add your Westy # to map and database.

2. Manuals

Among the manuals is a pdf repair manual. Last one on bottom of page.

3. Search forum

Search function is a bit unwieldy but sometimes can get good results.

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
Slide the bench seat forward, pull the end bed cushion out of the way and open the door in the panel there. The pump is toward the right side of the tank. You need to unscrew the large round tank cover / level sensor for access.
To open the round cover put the handles of large pliers into recesses and use a long screwdriver on the pliers handles to open cover.

WestyTat

I have noticed that "no water in the faucets" event when water heater tank is empty. When the water pump starts working, first it fills up the water heater tank. Then the water starts to flow from the faucets.

Auntie van

We are #122
my sister and I own together
I am in Denver, CO and she is in Helena, MT - how do you map that?

also, thanks for the info, found the water tank and the inside hose had become detached, reconnected and had water!

CanadaWesty97

Tip:
i’ve had that happen a few times.
Every-time I drain (winterize) and refill (Spring) the water tank, I lost the “prime” at the pump.
Once I refilled, all it took was a gentle shake or light tap of the submersible to the bottom of the tank… and away it went.

The hose had been detached from the outlet a few times.
This year, I managed to get my hand in the tank with a wrench and tightened up the nut that holds the hose to the outlet tube.
I’m hoping it will stay firm and not need the “shake” to reprime…

Tortuga44

Team, I've had the water pump fail twice so far. It gives the sound of running, but no water pressure. this is a pretty easy fix if you have a pump. The hardest part is fitting your hand in the tank to put it back on the hose. I do have a hose clamp to hold it onto the pump now too. You can buy the pump from GoWesty.com for about $28+ shipping. It is the same as the VW Westfalia pump units. I now carry a spare. Water pump.PNG

Top Bottom