Cross country road trip

mickeyT

Has anyone driven coast to coast in the past month or so? We may be making the drive from Santa Cruz to SE Pennsylvania in late July via Interstate 80 & 76. Any advice or comments appreciated.

sikwan

06 T1N Can
We've done this trip a number of times. It would be interesting to hear about mask requirements, rest stop availability, and hotel/fuel stations closures along the way. It will definitely be on the warm side.

paintrain

Has anyone driven coast to coast in the past month or so? We may be making the drive from Santa Cruz to SE Pennsylvania in late July via Interstate 80 & 76. Any advice or comments appreciated.
We just drove from Longmont, CO to Omaha, NE this past wknd. The wind...good lord the wind on both I76 and I80. I don't know what the feature on our 2019 Sprinter is called, but if a blast of wind to either side is strong enough, the van enacts some kind of stabilization feature to briefly keep her stiff and steady. Pretty neat, a bit unnerving.

It was hot AF too...shirts hung on inside of windows to keep the rays out while the A/C did it's thing.

We took Covid precautions along the way stopping only for fuel - grab the fuel handles with a papertowl from station and use it also for pressing buttons on a key pad.

Bathroom breaks were handled by our Luggable Loo.

Cruise was set at 75mph, but eased off in the high side winds. I didn't want to soil myself. ;)

Be safe.

glasseye

"Interstate highways are like supper at McDonald's. No so much a meal as a solution to a problem." :idunno:

Top Bottom