T1N: 1994-2006 Looking For Project Sprinter in So Cal

engarom

Hi all,
Looking to get into the Sprinter game cheaply! I want to put together a mobile workshop so it doesn't have to be pretty. Dont worry, I am an experienced mechanic and can handle almost project short of tranny rebuild.
What do you guys have that you want sell within 100 miles of LA / San Diego

I looked an an ‘06 in LA a few weeks ago. It’s NOT this van, which has been sold, but it’s An unlisted van owned by the same company. The body has 800k+ miles and the Carfax report says the engine was overhauled 40k ago. When I test drive it, it had boost codes and some other stuff. There were also some noises from the suspension or maybe just tires rubbing somewhen when I backed out of the lot. The guy riding with me was offering to lower the price more and more as we drove, but I don’t want another project. I am sure I could have gotten it for under $5000. You might want to give them a call and see if it is still for sale.
mike

adnelik

What are you looking to spend? I have an 2012 NCV3 with 240k, regular maintenance done and 3ish years of records. Just brought it in to get looked at and the independent Sprinter shop recommends NOx sensors or DPF regen / replace / delete.

Recently the transmission and torque converter were flushed and the injector seals were done.

EDIT: Ah see this has the T1N tag... ignore unless interested! My bad ha

engarom

What are you looking to spend? I have an 2012 NCV3 with 240k, regular maintenance done and 3ish years of records. Just brought it in to get looked at and the independent Sprinter shop recommends NOx sensors or DPF regen / replace / delete.

Recently the transmission and torque converter were flushed and the injector seals were done.

EDIT: Ah see this has the T1N tag... ignore unless interested! My bad ha
Yep, im looking to avoid the DEF/DPF issues so im only looking at T1N,... unless you are giving it away!

mandude

I might have just what you're looking for. 2002 Freightliner 2500 high roof, turbo diesel, 300k miles, new fuel injectors, but just developed bad rod knocking. Located in Los Angeles.

engarom

I might have just what you're looking for. 2002 Freightliner 2500 high roof, turbo diesel, 300k miles, new fuel injectors, but just developed bad rod knocking. Located in Los Angeles.
Have you done any diagnosis? which cylinder is the knock in?
How much do you want for it?

Top Bottom