Adding fader controls to MBUX

sanomechanic

I saw a module on the Crutchfield site that allowed for the selection of different equalization setting. Is there something like that for the Fix 86, and could it change the front rear balance?
The Fix 86 does not have internal fader control. You can control a wide range of levels and frequencies with a laptop though.

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
If going to an amplifier a sound processor is always recommended for sure to get clean sound.

sanomechanic

I saw a module on the Crutchfield site that allowed for the selection of different equalization setting. Is there something like that for the Fix 86, and could it change the front rear balance?
I tried using a Massive EQ4 to get a fader split and sub control. It would make the tweeters rattle due to the increased output signal and corrupt the re processed signal the FIX 86 cleaned up. Then I tried EFX RCA level controls. That also corrupted the signal. Using the FIX 86 alone and adjusting the gain levels on my amp to equal the sound makes for the best quality. It sounds epic. The FIX 86 by far has produced the only high quality result

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
by chance have a photo of the pin connector? The correct wires and colors would really be helpful...I assumed this was the wiring, but not sure of what pin connector is used for speaker outs as there are a several that are in back.

hilld

If it did not come with EL9. The audio out plug will have empty pin holes and no output wires
Just want to find out if the code EL9 is correct. My build sheet shows EP7 (Basic electric fitting for rear loudspeakers). I do have sound, but no fader controls. The dealer tech last Friday couldn't figure out how to enable the fader controls. When I take it back to the dealer, I want to make sure they know what to turn on.

hdaniels

I just told Modesto I wanted the fader and they knew exactly what to do.
Hi VanGoSki, Can you share who you spoke with at Modesto MB. I am not far from there and would make the drive to add the fader option. I am assuming from your photo, you have a cargo van and not don't have the EL9 option?

Thanks!

VanGoSki

@hdaniels Yep, cargo van with EP7. I only dealt with my salesman, Al Van Buren. He had the service guy enable it so I never actually dealt with them directly.

Mercedes Benz of Draper in salt lake city, utah attempted to reprogram my 2019 cargo to add rear fader function and in the process completely crashed the entire computer system. The touch screen is black with "Mercedes Benz" across the screen. The tech didnt even test the system after he was done; he just uploaded the software, unplugged it and went home for the day. Who doesnt test something after they fix it? WTF? It took me 2 seconds to start the van and realize that the whole system was non functional.

They obviously have no idea what they are doing and now no idea how to fix it. The van has been sitting at the dealership for over a week now while they "submit a ticket" to mercedes corporate and email back and forth. They almost want me to feel bad about it because they only have 1 sprinter tech and my van is taking up space while they have a backlog of sprinters on the premises in need of repair. I said that's not my problem; sounds like you guys need to hire more sprinter techs to keep up with all the demand. They tell me " no one wants to work on spinters. we can't find anyone to hire." And they claim it's the same problem at all 3 Utah sprinter repair locations. Total disaster.

I definitely recommend going to a dealership who has successfully done this before and knows what they are doing.

hilld

I was at the dealer again yesterday, again an no-go. This time they opened a ticket with MB to see how to make this work. I won't be back at the dealer for at least 2 weeks due to a road trip. Once I have more info and a working fader, I can update this. I even asked them to call both MB of Modesto and MB of Sacramento as both of these dealers have successfully enabled the fader function, but they didn't want to do that. At least I have rear sound, just no fader controls.

Top Bottom