AP200 won't read ABS or ESP

Hi I bought an Autel AP200 because I have an ABS light and ESP light on. Says it won't connect to either:
IMG_0676.PNGIMG_0675.PNG
Just called Autel support and they said it's most likely a communication error that is causing the light to be on, which explains why my AP200 won't read either module. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

marklg

Which vehicle did you select manually on the AP200? Try multiple selections. For me the selections starting with 901 and YD both work. One selection will connect to some modules and the other to different modules.

Regards,

Mark

Update: connected to both. Not sure if the issue was vehicle selection or switching out a bunch of fuses. No error codes in ABS, ESP came back with error 5154:

S9/1 (Stop lamp switch) Faulty. The wiring is not o.k. Inspect fuse A12f5, wiring, (B18) brake switch faulty, or A12 fault.

I can't for the life of me find what/where fuse A12f5 is. Searching for it in my owners manual comes up with nothing, this forum post doesn't say exactly which one it is. I've found that fuse 5 under the steering column (for brake light switch) can cause this problem. I replaced that fuse and the issue persists. Is that A12f5?

I've seen around this forum/youtube that a faulty brake light switch can cause ABS, ESP and Trac control lights to come on. All of these are on in my van. Midwestdrifter, not sure what you mean by not having both ABS and ESP, as I have lights for both and both lights are on

sipma02

I had the same thing for a long time. Turns out the van has to be in Park for the AP200 to be able to access the ABS module. Since 3500 T1N's dont have ESP, I havent connected to the ESP module, but I assume it's the same.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I had the same thing for a long time. Turns out the van has to be in Park for the AP200 to be able to access the ABS module. Since 3500 T1N's dont have ESP, I havent connected to the ESP module, but I assume it's the same.
Interesting. I know that you can't access the module with the van in motion, but maybe that's just not park?

sipma02

Not sure exactly. And I know there are some fairly significant electrical differences to 3500 vans. So that could be a factor.

marklg

On my 2006 T1N 2500 it turns on the brake warning lights and locks the shifter when I connect the AP200 to the module.

Autel supports several versions of each module, but it is apparent they don't know which version is in which vehicle, at least for NAFTA versions. That is why you have to manually select different vehicles. You have to pick a vehicle they think has a particular version of module that you actually have. It would be easier if they exposed which module version they are looking for so you could compare, but they don't. I sent them a data capture long ago of the T1N so they could get the list of modules right and automatically detect by VIN, but I have not seen any updates. There are enough workarounds to make it work, so these issues are only annoyances, not show stoppers.

Regards,

Mark

autostaretx

Erratic Member
S9/1 (Stop lamp switch) Faulty. The wiring is not o.k. Inspect fuse A12f5, wiring, (B18) brake switch faulty, or A12 fault.
Those numbers refer to the style of drawings and nomenclatures used by MB's Workshop Information System (WIS).
(warning: some parts are in German (such as the wire color codes))
They don't match the (non) system that's in the US Dodge/Freightliner service manuals.

For what it's worth: the brake pedal switch is really two *three* switches ... two talk to the SLA and ABS, the third to the tail lights.
They can get out-of-sync (or broken) ... but the first (quick/easy/free) thing to try is a Reset ...
(a) crawl into the pedal area
(b) press the brake pedal by hand ... look for the plastic "stalk" that tries to follow it down (that's the switch)
(c) with the pedal depressed, grab that plastic stalk and gently-but-firmly pull on it until it reaches its maximum extent.
(d) let go of the stalk
(e) let the pedal gently return to its "at rest" position.
Done.

See if it's happier.

WHAT YEAR IS YOUR SPRINTER??
2006 service manual (wiring is section 8W, and the Fuse Block 2 fuse numbers are not physical placements): http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf
More info: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

--dick

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Looking at things ... fuse A21f5 may simply be Fuse Block 1 (under the steering wheel) fuse 5:
2004-8w-31-3brakes.png

(Ok ... make that three switches in the brake switch...)

--dick

jrod5150

On my 2006 T1N 2500 it turns on the brake warning lights and locks the shifter when I connect the AP200 to the module.

Autel supports several versions of each module, but it is apparent they don't know which version is in which vehicle, at least for NAFTA versions. That is why you have to manually select different vehicles. You have to pick a vehicle they think has a particular version of module that you actually have. It would be easier if they exposed which module version they are looking for so you could compare, but they don't. I sent them a data capture long ago of the T1N so they could get the list of modules right and automatically detect by VIN, but I have not seen any updates. There are enough workarounds to make it work, so these issues are only annoyances, not show stoppers.

Regards,

Mark
Both das and drb3 do the same thing lighting the xmas tree

jrod5150

Try the method above of pulling out the plunger. If that doesn’t fix It just replace it. Make sure you order the correct switch there’s two different styles. Oh ya they totally suck to replace

Top Bottom