Where to splice into rh indicator for side camera

Adrianlle

Greetings from the U.K. Any advice out there on where it’s easiest to splice into rh indicator for a feed for side camera. I appreciate that it will be an on/off feed and have that aspect covered with a timer relay. I just need to know which positive wire ( with colour if poss) to splice into to give me that feed. The cable will be going to the dash area. Thanks

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Yup: Have a look at section 8W... :thumbup:
Hint: the Multi-function switch feeds switched signals back through the fuse box, so the turn indicator signals you seek will be on one of the connectors attached to the front of the fuse box. These are labelled on the electrical drawings with the wire colour, connector name, and pin number. (explained better at the front of Section 8W)

-dave

Adrianlle

Yup: Have a look at section 8W... :thumbup:
Hint: the Multi-function switch feeds switched signals back through the fuse box, so the turn indicator signals you seek will be on one of the connectors attached to the front of the fuse box. These are labelled on the electrical drawings with the wire colour, connector name, and pin number. (explained better at the front of Section 8W)

-dave
Thanks for these I have to confess that I am struggling with Section 8W!! So I have decided to take a feed from the inside of the rear rh indicator and run the cable underneath through some existing convoluted tubing into the dash area.

Thanks for these I have to confess that I am struggling with Section 8W!! So I have decided to take a feed from the inside of the rear rh indicator and run the cable underneath through some existing convoluted tubing into the dash area.
If you are tapping like that why not just use the front turn signal wire and run less distance?

vic

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Sorry I was rushed and didn’t have time to look this up earlier... and that I didn’t think to explicitly point you at the Connector Pinouts tabled in section 8W-80. They are far more approachable than the circuit diagrams.
It appears that the turn signal wires come out on connector C5 on the back of Fuse Block #1... cavity 5, black with dark green trace.

-dave
1593693447716.png
1593694893092.png

Last edited:

It appears that the turn signal wires come out on connector C5 on the back of Fuse Block #1... cavity 5, black with dark green trace.

-dave
That is good information. One problem that I see is access and the tight bundle of conductors. Mucking around under the dash might create other problems vs the relatively easy access of tapping in the area of a turn signal lamp holder.

:2cents: vic

Adrianlle

That is good information. One problem that I see is access and the tight bundle of conductors. Mucking around under the dash might create other problems vs the relatively easy access of tapping in the area of a turn signal lamp holder.

:2cents: vic
i
Thanks all of you. Think the easiest thing is to tap into the Bl/Grn cable in the exposed harness behind the headlamp. Looks easily accessible and a scotchlock or baring the insulation and soldering look feasible. Then as you say an easy cable run into under the dash. Always an answer on this forum and have just discovered your Westfalia sub forum so a fantastic resource. Thanks

Top Bottom