Installing TV in 2019 Sprinter

PatP

New Sprinter owner - 2019 with power door and 12 passenger seating. We ran out of room in the Chevy Suburban for hauling grandkids on adventures. We'll have 5 on our trip to Colorado this year and more are coming - grandkids and trips!

I'm installing a tv at the front of the passenger van. I purchased the Sprintertain mounting bracket. It's pricey but it's a seamless installation. I'm looking for help in routing wires from the power block under the drivers seat to the dome light area - how do I connect to the power block, routing advice, and videos on how to remove and reinstall the trim required for the routing? Also, I'd appreciate any advice on tv's (preferably with DVD's) that work on 12 volts and RF transmitters with headphones. And if there is a shop that is familiar with Sprinters in the St. Louis area, I'd eagerly engage a professional to do this work. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Here are some that I'm considering:
TV - need to confirm that the 32 inch will work with 12 volts
https://westinghouseelectronics.com/product/westinghouse-32-hd-led-dvd-combo-tv-wd32hkb1001/

Transmitter and headphones
https://www.parts-express.com/talen...SgFrWxFXNS4hywaAkrfEALw_wcB#lblProductDetails

By the way, the help on this forum has been great. I've already installed a new horn, running boards, and door handles to help entry. I'm working on a shelf that will go in the rear of the van to better stow and access gear. I should get the first coat of varnish on it today.

Thanks!

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Power will run from the drivers seat base, into the drivers step, up the b pillar and to the area you're looking to put the TV. Do you have the aux battery? That will determine your connection point.

Here's a link to the headliner removal.

PatP

Thanks for the response and info. I don’t have the aux battery. I’ve had the dome light asst out and I may be able to feed the wires into that area from the A pillar once I remove that cover. There is a lot of room between the headliner and the roof. This info helps a lot.

Shawn182

Thanks for the response and info. I don’t have the aux battery. I’ve had the dome light asst out and I may be able to feed the wires into that area from the A pillar once I remove that cover. There is a lot of room between the headliner and the roof. This info helps a lot.
You don't wanna run cables up the A Pillar (that is the area between the door and windshield above the dash)...there are airbags in there.

B Pillar is the one with the seatbelt and plenty of room to run cables up. You should be able to pop that off and feed cables over the headliner with removing that.

As mentioned above, if you pull up the door plastic step you will find an available cable path out the side of the seat pedestal, under the floorboard and up the B pillar.

PatP

Unplugged the power seat on the driver's side to get the cover off to gain access to the power sources in the pedestal. Now I'm getting this message. The seat is plugged in and works fine. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated!

Attachments

Top Bottom