26 different CAN communication errors

I ran my AP200 on my van and got 26 different CAN communication error codes. I cleared all codes today and none of these have come back yet. Haven't driven around though. What would it take for them to come back if they were going to? If they do, what am I looking at?

These are the codes by the way:
CodeMeaningCauses
0500-002The wheel speed signals transmitted via the CAN* bus by control module 'A2 (ABS/ESP control unit)' are implausible. Unknown fault type: -1
2013-4The signal from component 'Outside air temperature sensor' is faulty.
Fault from Instrument Cluster (IC) via CAN
Fault from instrument cluster over CAN
2244-1CAN EventThe CAN bus message of component 'P15 (Instrument cluster)' is implausible.
2208-2CAN bus: Brake signal The CAN message is implausible.
P2400CAN bus: The right rear wheel speed of the traction system is implausible.a. Inspect CAN-Bus wiring for fault.
b. Brake/Traction control unit may have fault codes present.
c. If ABS/ASR or ESP [CAB) control unit has fault codes, correct problems there first
P2401CAN bus: The left rear wheel speed of the traction system is implausible.
P2402CAN bus: The right front wheel speed of the traction system is implausible.
P2403CAN bus: The left front wheel speed of the traction system is implausible.
P2310Fault in CAN communication with the control module 'N30/4 (ESP))'.
P2404CAN bus: The CAN signal from component S9/1 (Stop Stored lamp switch)
of the traction system is implausible.
P2315Fault in CAN communication with the control module
'A1 Stored (Instrument Cluster (IC))'.
c. if IC control unit has fault codes, correct problems there first
55FAB24/8 (Steering angle sensor) Steering wheel position : (CAN) Fault detectionCalibration has not been performed or has failed due to internal error with steering angle sensor, or wiring.
Error may have been generated by mechanical defect where steering lock is greater than 720 degrees
5515CAN communication (to ESP) is faultyFault codes present in engine control unit COi [ECM] or ME
B1470-002Fuel level sensor has Short circuit to groundShort circuit to ground(-). a. Inspect cable P15.1/1 to P15.1/10 for open circuit.
b. Inspect cable P15.1/10 to X4.2/2 for short circuit to ground(-). c. Erase all stored fault codes.
d. Conduct a driving test of vehicle. e. Scan for fault codes after drive test.
Note: This fault code may take up to 20 minutes to register during driving test.
B1010The 'SRS' malfunction indicator lamp is faultySRS indicator bulb faulty. a. Inspect wiring from P15.2116 to A10.1 n for open circuit.
b. Test AB [ACM] control unit (A10) for fault codes.
c. If fault codes are present in AB [ACM] control unit, repair problems there first
d. If bulb is faulty, replace Kl [IC] control unit as LED bulb cannot be replaced separately
Event B1040-000The CAN communication of the ECM is faultyNo communication with CDI/ABS/EGS control unit: a. Inspect CAN-bus network wiring for short or open circuit.
b. Test CAN cables for short circuit to ground(-) or short circuit to voltage (+)
c. Erase all stored fault codes. d. Conduct a driving test of vehicle.
e. Scan for fault codes after drive test. f. If fault code B1040 is present after drive test, inspect CDI/ABS/ESP
control unit for additional faults.
Event B1041-000CAN communication with the brake system module is faulty.
Event B1042-000CAN communication with the control module 'Electronic Transmission Control (ETC/EGS)' is faulty
Event P1876No or incorrect CAN message from the control module Stored 'ABS'Incorrect CAN message From ABS/ASR or ESP [CAB] control unit. a. Inspect CAN-Bus wiring for fault.
b. Brake/Traction control unit may have fault codes present. c. If ABS control unit has fault codes, correct problems there first.
Event P1861CAN fault - Left rear wheel speed implausibleNo signal from left rear wheel speed sensor. a. Inspect CAN-Bus wiring for fault.
b. Brake/Traction control unit may have fault codes present. c. If ABS control unit has fault codes, correct problems there first.
Event P1860CAN fault - Right rear wheel speed implausible
Event P1926CAN communication (to EWM) is faulty
Event P1928No or incorrect CAN message from the control module Stored 'ESP'Stop lamp switch signal is implausible. a. Inspect CAN-Bus wiring for fault. b. Brake/Traction control unit may have fault codes present
c. If ABS/ASR or ESP [CAB) control unit has fault codes, correct problems there first.
Event P1927CAN fault- Signal 'stop lamp switch' is implausible
B1004-014The CAN* communication of the ECM is faulty (HZR heating control)Inspect CAN-Bus wiring and connections

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
All those could come on from a wiring harness short to ground or bad ground connection, or lose ECU connection

DRTDEVL

Ever have a dead battery? Voltage issues can throw dozens of CAN codes and they remain in there, dormant, until you clear them.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I agree with the above .... multiple "implausible" values are another sign of failing battery (or completely flakey voltages)
If they had been all centered with the TCM (tranny control module), i'd look for oil contamination of the connector.
But (happily?) they include the SRS, HZR (etc).

--dick

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Another possibility is an incorrectly wired aftermarket device. Examples. There is a speed sense wire included with the OEM Becker SoundXX radio units. If that wire is erroneously connected somewhere it can affect communications. Another I recall was that someone installed an aftermarket bass speaker unit and connected the power wire to a TCM circuit under the driver seat.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom