Running boards for rv van conversion

Diana

I have a 2015 144" van that has been converted into an RV. I have a step that pulls out manually by the sliding door. It needs to be replaced. It is 8" deep when it is extended. I would like to get a running board that includes the passenger and driver door. I have looked at luverne, sprinter parts depot and sprinter world. I want something deep and non slip! the step I have now can get pretty slippery when wet. it is hard to buy something like running boards on the internet so looking for some advice... Luverne has a 9 inch deep one and sprinter parts depot has one that is adjustable. I have no idea what Nerf means but looks like the non skid surface is not to the edge so might end up being slippery. thanks for comments and advice! diana

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
I have no idea what Nerf means but looks like the non skid surface is not to the edge so might end up being slippery. thanks for comments and advice!
This is a comment and not advice:

"Nerf" refers to a tubular bar mounted to a vehicle that may or may not be used as a step, but its primary purpose is typically to deflect contact from other vehicles or stationary objects rather than facilitating entrance/exit. A running board designed primarily as a step would probably be better than nerf bars for your purpose. An interesting discussion about "nerf bars" can be found on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_bar for anyone who is interested.

I've seen several threads on the forum where the pros and cons of different running board/steps for Sprinters are discussed; using the search function to find those might get you more information that just responses to your posting here. Your purchase over the Internet will also require installation, with some drilling/bolting to mount the running board or step (not welding). It would be good to get whoever will perform the installation involved in the purchase decision, since one of the differences between the various solutions is how they mount to the vehicle. A fixed running board/step may reduce vehicle clearance in certain situations; probably not a big deal in your case but you will see some comments about it in the forum discussions.

Top Bottom