LTV orders - deliveries

Togin

Tex

I Was verbally given production time frame from my dealer. If I get my unit as he claims, I will have a 10 month lead time. Not holding my breath to be honest with you. I ordered the RL with basically the same options you ordered, except no solar.

keep You guys posted as I get information

tony

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I see on the Leisure FB page that people ordering new Leisure's now are being told 16-24 month delivery time! No wonder there aren't many used Unity's available, they get snatched up quickly. It is starting to make sense that people ordering a new Unity are also buying a used one to use while they wait for the new one!

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
I see on the Leisure FB page that people ordering new Leisure's now are being told 16-24 month delivery time!
That's amazing! I know I waited nine months for mine, but to actually put a down payment on something you may not have for two years? As LTV normally does some model changes every year, you wouldn't really know what you are buying, or how much it will cost if you didn't negotiate a fixed price with your down payment. And just imagine how many of these will discover they don't like rv'ing after they take delivery.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
It was no surprise when I saw reports on the Leisure FB page, from people just ordering a Unity, that they were being told it's a 2 year wait for delivery. Primarily, because the Mercedes chassis is in high demand by Amazon and other delivery companies, but I didn't expect to hear it about the Wonder. Someone just posted, https://m.facebook.com/groups/53481...ink&id=4462835430456858&anchor_composer=false, that they are being told 2 year wait for a Wonder (Ford Transit Chassis) and that their deposit is non-refundable. A lot of things can happen during the 2 year wait for a new Leisure Travel Van, so if you are placing an order, IMHO negotiate a fixed final price (Leisure does a new model year price increase at least once a year), get agreement that if others who ordered ahead of you cancel you get moved up in line to that slot, and if you need to cancel your order for any reason, your deposit is fully refunded! Then while you wait stay on top of the LTV product line changes because the Leisure you get could be quite different from the one you thought you were ordering (colors change, materials change, etc.) or more options could be available and you would need to update your order prior to your unit going into production.

Screenshot_20201011-091424_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Unity Traveler

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed
We were asked to place a deposit of $10,000 refundable should we change our mind as long as before actual unit went on-line. Once on-line, it was non refundable. We knew we wanted it, & no problem with the deposit request. We received our 2021 Wonder LTV RL on September 18th, this past month & love it. We sold our 2013 Unity LTV TB.

Bongju

2022 Unity RL
We just placed an order for a Unity RL 3 weeks ago. The dealer asked for a $10000 deposit, $9000 of which is refundable up until the build is finalized, after which the deposit is non refundable. They also offered $5000 off the final delivered price and estimated delivery in 13 months.

RoadHog

2021 Unity MB
* Month Ordered: February 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 14 months
* Model Ordered: Unity MB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: On August 11, 2020, production October 15
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: December 2020
Started production today, Oct 13. Expected delivery in 6-8 weeks.

That is good as I was told it would be around 24 months for my Unity! What dealership did you go through if you don't mind me asking. The 2 year wait has turned me off the LTV line right now.
We just placed an order for a Unity RL 3 weeks ago. The dealer asked for a $10000 deposit, $9000 of which is refundable up until the build is finalized, after which the deposit is non refundable. They also offered $5000 off the final delivered price and estimated delivery in 13 months.

Jhoeft

2021 Unity 24MB
After a lot of searching and phone calls we found a Unity 24MB in October that the dealer had on allocation and had "configured" in May. The dealer told us the build start date was mid-December with a projected ship date of late February. The options/upgrades selected by the dealer we very close to what we wanted. We were able to make decor color changes since we were still inside the factory permitted change window. Overall we feel quite fortunate to have found a unit that we could get exactly the way we wanted it and will only have to wait 5 - 6 months. We signed up for a "myLTV" account based on our Purchase Order number and were able to confirm the build start date with the factory.

Togin

Well November 18th has come and gone with no assigned vin #. Can’t say i am surprised, My dealer told me I am very close to getting a assigned vin#. Back in October i was on the list to go into production by Nov. 18th, so we shall see, as long as I take delivery sometime in late March early April I will not complain. I placed my order first week March 2019., i Went in anticipating a year wait...keeping fingers crossed...lol

Togin

Good news!!! got my Vin # today, I am in production.... Placed order March 4, 2019 for the Unity RL
Dealer expects delivery early January.

RoadHog

2021 Unity MB
* Month Ordered: February 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 14 months
* When You Receive a Production Slot: On August 11, 2020, production October 15
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: December 2020
Started production today, Oct 13. Expected delivery in 6-8 weeks.
Just received word that our unit has been delivered to the dealership.

heylehmann

* Month Ordered: January 24, 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 10-12 months
* When You Receive a Production Slot: Went into production 10/26/20
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: Completed 11/6/20, but waiting on an awning.

Well I will try to include our experience below, but we are a rare instance. As SSTraveler noted, the wait times on new Unity's is extreme. We are in Oregon, and Johnson RV is local. We were told, in September, that all new coaches would be 18-24 months out. And just as SST hinted, we then started to consider picking up a used unit to use for those 18-24 months. They had two used 2014 on site, and said they'd be gone in 24 hours. We didn't like that pressure, so we decided to take some time to find a used unit that would work for us. During that search, which was only a handful of days, we called VanCity RV in Kalispell, MT, about a used unit they had on their website. That unit was already sold, but the dealer had just received a cancellation of an existing order for a new unit (2021). We were able to step in on that order, as it was the TB floorplan we were looking for, with more or less the options we wanted. So, keep that in mind when you review the following:

* Month Ordered: September 2020 (see above)
* Lead Time on Order: 3 months (mid-December)
* Model Ordered: Unity TB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: In September we were told production would be start to mid of November
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: Coach will be ready for pickup in MT on December 14th, 2020. We have a VIN.

Regarding deposits, we were told the prior owner cancelled just before their unit went into forecasting and their deposit would no longer be refundable. Since we took the order over at that point, we were told we needed to put down a $10,000 holding deposit that would not be refundable. Given we were three months out from delivery, it didn't seem like a huge ask, especially given the scarcity of units, but I can't say I would have felt as good about it if we were 18-24 months out.

Tannys

2016 Unity TB Portland OR
We are in Oregon, and Johnson RV is local. We were told, in September, that all new coaches would be 18-24 months out.
I think you did good and may have saved yourself some heartache. We are in Oregon, too, and purchased our RV from Johnson RV with a not so positive purchasing (and after purchase) experience. They wanted a $10,000 non- refundable deposit and estimated a 12 month wait. I refused to leave a non-refundable deposit on a high demand vehicle that they could easily sell in the event I was not able to complete they purchase and told them so. As I began to walk they changed their minds and they accepted a $10,000 deposit that would be REFUNDABLE in the event I was not able to complete the purchase. My experience with Johnson RV has not been good either before, during or after the purchase. As a first time RV buyers we thought that it would be advantageous to purchase local but we have learned from our experience that is not true. We love our Unity, though, and we think that you will, too. Enjoy!

Togin

Update....
ordered march 2020
Vin# received Mid November ....
waiting on Awnings... according to my dealer who was updated by his factory rep this past week, Factory anticipates awning delivery week of December 21st.. start installation after Holidays and should be delivered to dealer sometime late January.
fingers crossed....

Well I will try to include our experience below, but we are a rare instance. As SSTraveler noted, the wait times on new Unity's is extreme. We are in Oregon, and Johnson RV is local. We were told, in September, that all new coaches would be 18-24 months out. And just as SST hinted, we then started to consider picking up a used unit to use for those 18-24 months. They had two used 2014 on site, and said they'd be gone in 24 hours. We didn't like that pressure, so we decided to take some time to find a used unit that would work for us. During that search, which was only a handful of days, we called VanCity RV in Kalispell, MT, about a used unit they had on their website. That unit was already sold, but the dealer had just received a cancellation of an existing order for a new unit (2021). We were able to step in on that order, as it was the TB floorplan we were looking for, with more or less the options we wanted. So, keep that in mind when you review the following:

* Month Ordered: September 2020 (see above)
* Lead Time on Order: 3 months (mid-December)
* Model Ordered: Unity TB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: In September we were told production would be start to mid of November
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: Coach will be ready for pickup in MT on December 14th, 2020. We have a VIN.

Regarding deposits, we were told the prior owner cancelled just before their unit went into forecasting and their deposit would no longer be refundable. Since we took the order over at that point, we were told we needed to put down a $10,000 holding deposit that would not be refundable. Given we were three months out from delivery, it didn't seem like a huge ask, especially given the scarcity of units, but I can't say I would have felt as good about it if we were 18-24 months out.
UPDATE:
Just picked up the unit on 12/17 (my birthday ?), spent 12/18 hanging around the Flathead Valley area, and then drove back on 12/19-12/20, stopping at Palouse Falls in southeastern Washington for the night. Quick, silly little video I put together:

Top Bottom