LTV orders - deliveries

penndude

If folks are interested in sharing their personal experiences for the informational benefit of others. Is there a disconnect between what is ‘promised’ and/or ‘suggested’ to what actually happens? Is the communication adequate to you as the customer? This can be relevant to folks as they consider models or brands to purchase/order, even the consideration of new vs. pre-owned.

This is in the spirit of keeping transactions transparent: customer to dealer | customer to factory | factory to dealer.

It’s a good idea to leave the name of the actual Dealer off the public forum to avoid the temptation for public, online bashing or trash talk. This is to address the “bad side” of internet communication. However, two persons communicating privately should always be frank.

Suggested post starting with transactions started June 2019:
* Month Ordered: (The month date of your order with a dealer for an LTV Unity or LTV Wonder)
* Lead Time on Order: (The lead time in months you were told when you placed the order)
* Model Ordered: (The model you ordered, options ordered if you wish)
* When You Receive a Production Slot: (The month date that you given notice of a production slot)
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: (The forecasted delivery month/date when you are given production notice)

Post your initial order info, then reply to your own post as you have updated information to add regarding your order. For example, in my case:

* Month Ordered: January 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 14 moths
* Model Ordered: Model-Unity RL
* When You Receive a Production Slot: None yet.
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: None yet.

Frubino

* Month Ordered: June 15th 2019 SOW assigned by LTV on June 20th 2019
* Lead Time on Order: 6-7 month promised by Dean then 9 month promised by Don then 12 months then......
* Model Ordered: Model-Unity MB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: 6-15-20 of July 9th
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: Sept 9th ?
*When a VIN was actually assigned. : None yet

Togin

Month ordered: March 9th 2020
lead time : was told by dealer anywhere between 12 and 16 months
model ordered: Unity RL
obivoulsy no production slot, no vin, and no forecast delivery.

hoping to take delivery this time next year. Was thinking that with this recession there would be cancellations, but from what I read it is the opposite.

Frubino

* Month Ordered: June 15th 2019 SOW assigned by LTV on June 20th 2019
* Lead Time on Order: 6-7 month promised by Dean then 9 month promised by Don then 12 months then......
* Model Ordered: Model-Unity MB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: 6-15-20 of July 9th
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: Sept 9th ?
*When a VIN was actually assigned. : None yet
Vin assigned on July 1st and in production photos on July 11th :cheers:

Attachments

Togin

Congratulations, keep us posted on progress. I ordered ours early this past March... was told 12 to 16 months....but last week my salesman emailed me with an update late December early January.... will see, I can only hope and will be happy if it’s close to that.

TampaSteve

2018/2019 Unity CB
Ill just say that the dealer I purchased from in Florida lied the whole time. When I contacted the factory for pictures of my build they had a date a couple months further out, and said my dealer would have known that. So my particular dealer did not keep me informed (even when the model year changed and new build options were available). My recommendation now for new orders is to buy from a well known dealer that has a great reputation, even if on the other side of the country. You will never get it serviced at an RV dealer anyway, so no advantage in buying locally besides saving a trip to the DMV.

bobtuba

2020 LTV Unity MB
Hey Steve, that’s exactly why we went to Ft Worth (from P’cola) for our purchase. The FL dealer was not doing the job for us. And yes, lies were part of the equation as well.

Togin

Dan

Craig Smith from Ohio... so far so good.. they have followed up on all my adds and deletes since I ordered this past March I have made 3 changes with out any hiccups. Originally, my salesman said 12 to 16 months so I went in knowing it was a long haul. A couple of weeks ago he told me the factory told him my order should be out sometime in January that's 11 months. Quite honestly not holding my breath, but this would make me very happy. As far as model year I ordered in March 2020 but even my salesman could not tell me if it would be a 20 or 21. Wait and see.....

Togin

Update, got a call from dealer today, he was teceived production schedule from factory, I am on it for mid November start production.... I know it’s not a vin#, but at least I am on a schedule...?

jmcarter

Just an FYI that I was consistently updated on my Serenity build, with pictures as well courtesy of VanCity. Holland and others may be very good as well, just passing along my experience. Florida? Not so much...

RoadHog

2021 Unity MB
* Month Ordered: February 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 14 months
* Model Ordered: Unity MB
* When You Receive a Production Slot: On August 11, 2020, production October 15
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: December 2020

penndude

Update, got a call from dealer today, he was teceived production schedule from factory, I am on it for mid November start production.... I know it’s not a vin#, but at least I am on a schedule...?
Terrific! Congrats!

penndude

* Month Ordered: February 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 14 months
* When You Receive a Production Slot: On August 11, 2020, production October 15
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: December 2020
Congrats for receiving a production slot. Which dealer did you order from? I had an order in for an RL in January but as yet had not received a slot yet.

penndude

Just an FYI that I was consistently updated on my Serenity build, with pictures as well courtesy of VanCity. Holland and others may be very good as well, just passing along my experience. Florida? Not so much...
So far my dealer has been less than communicative. I feel like I have to prod excessively. On some of the Facebook groups of late I’ve seen the same complaints about my dealer. I think knowing what I know now I would go to and refer people to some of those other dealers that seem to be more responsive and engaged with their customers.

Togin

Same here
Craig Smith Rv

got my production slot as well last week August, production slot November.... December or January delivery, ordered March 6th keeping fingers crossed

rnath

2021 Unity MB
* Month Ordered: October 22, 2019
* Lead Time on Order: 11 months
* When You Receive a Production Slot: On August 19, 2020, production November 18, 2020
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: January 2021 (?)

texasrvfam

* Month Ordered: Late August 2020
* Lead Time on Order: 12 to 15 months
* Model Ordered: Model-Unity RL
* Options: Aluminum Wheels, Exterior Ladder, Exterior Table, Fan Upgrade, 200 Watt Solar, Front Dinette Mattress, LP Generator, Bianco White Glamour, 4 Point Leveling Jacks, Remote Key Fob, Macerator
* When You Receive a Production Slot: NA
* Forecasted Delivery with Production Slot: NA

For those of you who are getting yours in less than 12 months, what options did you choose?

Top Bottom