2005 311 sprinter won’t crank or power to fuel pump

Merrick46

I have a 2005 sprinter 311 and was in it the other day fine parked it up and came out to a flat battery so tried jumping it nothing . No crank so fort I would try live the starter spins over fine but won’t fire up as if it has immobilised itself any ideas cheers . Checked the relay for starter under seat 2 fat pins have power but the smaller ones have no power cheers

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Merrick,

Your 2005 is a T1N and not a VS30 so you have posted in the wrong sub-forum!

You are obviously not in the USA but where are you? Sprinters vary by market and I assume you have the OM611 engine in your 2005 and not the OM647 fitted for the USA, can you confirm please? And is it an Auto or a Manual?

Keith.

Edit to add: Start reading here and see if it helps... https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/58993/

Last edited:

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
The first place to start is with the engine to chassis and battery to firewall grounds. Use jumper cables from the engine block to the negative battery terminal and try to start. If the engine starts you’ve confirmed faulty ground cables. Replacements are inexpensive

Merrick46

Hi there sorry I didn’t realise where I put it as useless with computers . Cheers for reply’s people I have the om611 and yes in the uk . It is also a manual and doing some research found under the steering column are 3 relays and I am sure when I turned my ignition off the day it was running fine and parked it up one of them started clicking mad but got in it the next day and now have no power to starter or fuel pump . Checked the starter relay under the seat and that has no power from the thinner terminals but dose on the fatter wires . Also good power at the battery as check that slap with the volt meter .... tried plugging it in and get communication error but do have a cheap eBay wire to convert it to the normal car obd port

Top Bottom