Would anyone be interested in projector headlamps?

toast

Made my old van look new again with these custom retrofitted HID headlights. Install only took 30 minutes, didn't even have to take the bumper off which is great.

I know plenty of T1N owners just opt to throw LED bulbs in their stock headlight housings, but this blows the light output of those out of the water, check the fourth picture. The light casts significantly further and won't blind oncoming traffic. The lenses are also clear which looks incredibly sleek and modern compared to the USDM textured housings.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a set? They are entirely plug and play, made with genuine DEPO housings, with all bulbs already installed. Simply unplug your stock housings and plug these in, adjust the vertical and horizontals to your liking with the knobs, and you're golden. You could even recoup some money by selling your stock lights afterwards.

I have talked to my business partner who built them and he is willing to make more sets for us to sell. I am looking to gauge interest before determining a price and setting up an online shop.

Let me know your thoughts, I have cross-posted this to the Sprinter Van Owners T1N (1994-2006) Tips N Advice Facebook group where there is more discussion, you can reach me there as well.

Joe

Attachments

koenb

After driving for years with HID projectors in my daily commuter, driving my van with stock halogens is like going back to the stone age of lighting. They look great! I'm definitely interested but curious what the estimated price range is going to be? Would there be a choice in HID light color? I prefer the middle range white light (4-6k) than the blue/yellow side of the color spectrum.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I would like a set. Let me know the details and pricing.

What lumen output lamps are used? What driver and lamp are used? Finding replacements down the road is important, as is reliability.

Last edited:

JonnyBoats

These are really impressive! I would definitely install them if they are cheap enough. The big question is cost?

JoeyB

He posted in the FB group that he is not 100% on the cost yet but estimates it to be $480/set. I am really tempted to get them but I don't think I can justify the cost, after putting in my notice at my job the other day.. perhaps I should work another 3 days hahahah.

glasseye

They look superb. Price is high, but not unreasonable, given the cost of regular nacelles. Replacing the LEDs themselves might be a problem. Perhaps include spare ‘bulbs” as part of initial purchase.

I am among those who replaced the stock H7s with LEDs. They’re better than stock but still disappointing with regard to spill and lack of downrange projection.

toast

I appreciate all the responses, ever since the Tapatalk app became unintegrated with the forum it’s tougher to stay on top of notifications, so definitely reach out on the Facebook post if you are seriously interested. If you aren’t in the group feel free to message me and I can get back to you asap. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1809727910 <- That should take you to my profile, but if not, my name is Joe Fonicello and I should pop up on FB search. I know some people hate Facebook so I’ll be checking in here as often as possible, sorry I’m not responding to each thread reply, been on my phone replying to people every second since I made the original post.

You can pick a light temperature between 4-8k, 6000k is what installed in my van which is a very pure white light. Lower the number the warmer the light. 8k is practically blue.

After assessing the demand I believe they can be manufactured and shipped from Poland with all bulbs installed ready to be swapped in your T1Ns for a total cost of $480. While it does seem a bit expensive it’s a completely plug and play solution, just finding regular DEPO clear housings with shipping to the US are $300 so I believe it’s fair, especially given there’s a whole forum here dedicated to buying your used parts (sell the stock ones!)

Last edited:

toast

He posted in the FB group that he is not 100% on the cost yet but estimates it to be $480/set. I am really tempted to get them but I don't think I can justify the cost, after putting in my notice at my job the other day.. perhaps I should work another 3 days hahahah.
I appreciate spreading the info, can't beat how helpful the T1N scene is.

toast

They look superb. Price is high, but not unreasonable, given the cost of regular nacelles. Replacing the LEDs themselves might be a problem. Perhaps include spare ‘bulbs” as part of initial purchase.

I am among those who replaced the stock H7s with LEDs. They’re better than stock but still disappointing with regard to spill and lack of downrange projection.
Exactly my thoughts. Better than stock for sure, anything beats those candlelights haha, but definitely leaves a lot to be desired. These bixenon projectors make the front end look modern and the light output phenomenal. Every day I want the sun to set so I can see that sharp cut off line against the trees!

toast

I would like a set. Let me know the details and pricing.

What lumen output lamps are used? What driver and lamp are used? Finding replacements down the road is important, as is reliability.
All bulb retain their stock sizes, I am not sure of an exact lumen output figure, I don't want to throw out any numbers without verifying them first, but I will try and take some photos with distance in them tonight. HID bulbs are just as easy to swap as halogens so maintenance is very doable.
Best,
Joe

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
These are projector headlights using an h4 LED lamp? If so technically they are not HID, but just projection lights. Obviously an HID lamp could be fitted without issue if they use standard sockets.

480 shipped isn't unreasonable if the quality is good.

Last edited:

glasseye

I mis-read the initial post and thought that these were LED, not xenon. What is the ID of the replacement xenon bulb?

jiveass

These don't make the testy computer of the T1N unhappy? That's my primary concern, outside of that... I'd definitely get a pair

jiveass

I appreciate all the responses, ever since the Tapatalk app became unintegrated with the forum it’s tougher to stay on top of notifications, so definitely reach out on the Facebook post if you are seriously interested. If you aren’t in the group feel free to message me and I can get back to you asap. https://facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809727910 I know some people hate Facebook so I’ll be checking in here as often as possible, sorry I’m not responding to each thread reply.

You can pick a light temperature between 4-8k, 6000k is what installed in my van which is a very pure white light. Lower the number the warmer the light. 8k is practically blue.

After assessing the demand I believe they can be manufactured and shipped from Poland with all bulbs installed ready to be swapped in your T1Ns for a total cost of $480. While it does seem a bit expensive it’s a completely plug and play solution, just finding regular DEPO clear housings with shipping to the US are $300 so I believe it’s fair, especially given there’s a whole forum here dedicated to buying your used parts (sell the stock ones!)
this fb link just opens my regular fb page...

toast

These don't make the testy computer of the T1N unhappy? That's my primary concern, outside of that... I'd definitely get a pair
Luckily they don’t! I was concerned with that as well, since it’s so damn finicky. It seems messing with your taillight bulbs can “piss off” the T1N computer, but not your headlights

Top Bottom