Would anyone be interested in projector headlamps?

toast

I'm interested, but have some questions:
What is a euro socket and where does one get them?
Do these plug into the stock wiring connectors / sockets?
How do the high beams work? Are they a separate halogen bulb or does the output from the HID move?
Is the factory (motorized) height adjustment retained?
The "Euro socket" is just the turn signal socket intended for these european style housings. I was originally under the impression that the sockets are the same as USDM, but apparently not. It is slightly different, and for whatever reason, if you use your USDM turn signal sockets, the lights will hyperflash. I will have these euro ones purchased separately and installed for you.
These housings plug right into the stock harness for your headlights. It's actually one big plug and done.
The highbeams illuminate the regular highbeam bulb and the projectors brighten as well.
The factory motorized height adjustment is not retained because unfortunately the motors cost more than the housings. There isn't a demand for the adjustments once you install these and manually adjust them with the included knobs on the back. The connection to plug in the motors is still in the back of the housings, and you are welcome to try and move yours in since the wiring is there, but I can't guarantee it will work because I have not tried it. The manual adjustment is done by aiming your lights at a wall like a garage door and reaching your arm behind them in the engine bay. There is a knob to tilt them and raise them up and down.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, placing a set of orders tonight.

99sport

The "Euro socket" is just the turn signal socket intended for these european style housings. I was originally under the impression that the sockets are the same as USDM, but apparently not. It is slightly different, and for whatever reason, if you use your USDM turn signal sockets, the lights will hyperflash. I will have these euro ones purchased separately and installed for you.
These housings plug right into the stock harness for your headlights. It's actually one big plug and done.
The highbeams illuminate the regular highbeam bulb and the projectors brighten as well.
The factory motorized height adjustment is not retained because unfortunately the motors cost more than the housings. There isn't a demand for the adjustments once you install these and manually adjust them with the included knobs on the back. The connection to plug in the motors is still in the back of the housings, and you are welcome to try and move yours in since the wiring is there, but I can't guarantee it will work because I have not tried it. The manual adjustment is done by aiming your lights at a wall like a garage door and reaching your arm behind them in the engine bay. There is a knob to tilt them and raise them up and down.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, placing a set of orders tonight.
Thanks!
Sent you a PM

eranrund

I've placed an order and will do my best to post photos once it arrives. Not helpful for the current batch but hopefully for future ones.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
I notice that you have mounted driving lights in/above your bumper, something I was trying to do a year or so ago, with a license plate "Bull Bar" bracket. In the end,....there is not enough license plate / bumper structure to mount lights that way and have the lights be solidly mounted. How did you mount yours? Brian in Austin.

toast

I notice that you have mounted driving lights in/above your bumper, something I was trying to do a year or so ago, with a license plate "Bull Bar" bracket. In the end,....there is not enough license plate / bumper structure to mount lights that way and have the lights be solidly mounted. How did you mount yours? Brian in Austin.
I just mounted them right to the bumper with the bracket. Definitely not sturdy, but isn’t going anywhere. Will flex the bumper if you tug on them. I couldn’t find a bull bar that I liked so I went with it, and for $17.50 I don’t regret it. Available on eBay

toast

still haven’t seen any pics of the lights at night. pretty simple request. do want to order but -------
Here is a picture of lowbeams & highbeams taken from a customer. I haven’t been jumping at posting any night shots because it’s something best seen in person, it’s all in your camera’s exposure settings when you take a picture. Everyone that has bought a set has said their night driving visibility is immensely better.

Attachments

trc.rhubarb

@toast assuming someone wanted to purchase these from you and they don't do facebook, how would they make that happen? What is the cost for this next round?

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Here is a picture of lowbeams & highbeams taken from a customer. I haven’t been jumping at posting any night shots because it’s something best seen in person, it’s all in your camera’s exposure settings when you take a picture. Everyone that has bought a set has said their night driving visibility is immensely better.
Before and after with the same settings will show any difference plain enough. It has been done before.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
I just mounted them right to the bumper with the bracket. Definitely not sturdy, but isn’t going anywhere. Will flex the bumper if you tug on them. I couldn’t find a bull bar that I liked so I went with it, and for $17.50 I don’t regret it. Available on eBay
Here is the License plate "Bull Bar" bracket I tried about a year ago. looks like you might have used something similar. I found it to be pretty flimsy,...and was concerned about the lights jiggling or flopping around and potentially blinding on coming traffic. If this is the same thing you used can you tell me how you mounted it?
IMG_1901.JPG

Compared to your old clouded lenses those look awesome.

How much were a pair for your T1N?

I have an 06 Freightliner which has specific headlights without having to change out some plastic trim pieces which I prefer not to do.
Any chance yours are the same?

They sure look good on your new blue beauty!

toast

Still trying to figure out how a person might buy them without facebook.

@toast doesn't seem to visit here much.
@Colorado_Al Could you share the process?
I’m here! Send me a message on here and I’ll try to get back to you ASAP. I actually left my home state of CT over a month ago to drive to the west coast in my Sprinter. With the lack of cell service it’s tough to check everything, FB makes it easier and streamlined so it has been my focus, but I have shipped and delivered multiple orders for members of the forum exclusively.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone interested in ordering can include their mailing address and PayPal email address in their message, I also need a phone # for FedEx tracking. This way we can reduce the waiting time between messages.

I will be waiting until everyone from the second batch has received their lights to take any new orders to ensure satisfaction.

Everyone who has ordered in the second group buy has been receiving their lights this week and by the end of next week. Turn signal hyperflash was completely resolved with this order through the European turn signal sockets. Still an anomaly to me, but if it works, it works!

Again, appreciate all of the interest and thanks for sharing pics of installed lights! So cool to see them on vans from all over.

toast

Compared to your old clouded lenses those look awesome.

How much were a pair for your T1N?

I have an 06 Freightliner which has specific headlights without having to change out some plastic trim pieces which I prefer not to do.
Any chance yours are the same?

They sure look good on your new blue beauty!
My van is a Freightliner as well. You will need to either swap out the headlight bezels or cut yours, if you’re feeling like cutting costs. The Dodge/MB bezels are ~$20 each. I actually had to pick one up at a dealership in San Diego on my roadtrip since it fell off! Lousy mounting on my part.

Attachments

toast

Here is the License plate "Bull Bar" bracket I tried about a year ago. looks like you might have used something similar. I found it to be pretty flimsy,...and was concerned about the lights jiggling or flopping around and potentially blinding on coming traffic. If this is the same thing you used can you tell me how you mounted it?
View attachment 148876

I mounted it the same way, but frankly I don’t use the lights very often at all since the HID & Highbeam on these headlights is impeccable. I also have Adventure Haven Co.’s hood-mounting light brackets for amber lights for conditions where yellow light is better.

Best
Joe

eranrund

I installed the new headlamps over the weekend - install was smooth and easy. I still need to drive at dark and see how they perform.

Top Bottom