Wiring if indicator stalk

Adrianlle

Greetings from the U.K. I want to add a side camera to the James Cook so that the screen shows it’s image when the indicator is used. Then reverts to normal rear view on the screen. Can anyone tell me whether the flasher unit is upstream or downstream from the indicator stalk.? If downstream then I don’t need to worry about a timer relay to cope with the on/off flashing and can just take my side camera feed from the stalk. Thanks.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The flasher is built into the fuse box #1 on the steering column so I doubt there are connections you can piggy back off to trigger your cameras.

All the wiring diagrams are in section 8 of the service manuals on DIY Sprinter, link below.

Keith.

Adrianlle

The flasher is built into the fuse box #1 on the steering column so I doubt there are connections you can piggy back off to trigger your cameras.

All the wiring diagrams are in section 8 of the service manuals on DIY Sprinter, link below.

Keith.
Thanks Keith.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
As shown on page 8W-50-5, the output of the (blinking) turn signal relay then feeds the multi-function switch "which side?" contacts, which then proceeds directly to the lamp assemblies.

So if you tap the switch contacts, it will already be blinking.
A delayed drop-out relay (one for each side) could be used to provide steady power to the screen control.

I get the feeling that the blinker is told *when* to blink by it seeing the "turn signal relay output" (pin 7) pulled to ground by the stalk switch connecting it to the bulbs.

--dick

Top Bottom