Dash Cluster Switch Cover Mod

albertosalinas

So I started drafting the switch cover so that I can attach a usb female mount to it. I dont want to hack my dash trying to fit the mounts usually found on amazon and this way itll be plug and play and look a bit more unified. Since Im already into this project and I know a lot of people are looking for better fitting switches, maybe I can take an existing amazon switch and place it into this shell. Is there one solid switch out there that I should use? Preferably one whose button is simple and fits in the dash space?

Attachments

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I cut a rectangular hole in one and fit a snap-in rocker switch. (I collect these covers from junkyard vans when I can)

-dave

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I wanted some extra USB charge ports on the dash, so I bought one that fits in a round hole and also has the voltmeter in it. I cut the hole just below the paper clip feature that I never use and wired it to the cigarette lighter . . . . but, that's powered 24/7 and I didn't want the voltmeter adding to the vampire draw, so I decided to add a switch so I could turn it on and off

My solution was to just buy another Mercedes switch, matching all the others on the dash. I found a fog light switch on eBay for $15 or $20 and plugged it into the top right unused hole, nearest my new USB outlet . . . . and now I have a spare switch cover!

Don

wakeyser

The OEM switch covers are cheap on the Mopar parts sites, they just get you on the shipping cost. I ordered a handful of them to spread the shipping cost and be able to play around with modifying to add different switches.

Part #: 5122925AA

Bill

Top Bottom