AdWag Maxxair Fan Install Issue

VanGoSki

I ran into an issue installing the Adventure Wagon front fan on my new VS30. Adwag supplies an interior wooden ring that the fan screws into. That ring also doubles as a template for locating the fan almost exactly equal from the two ceiling support box beams. It turns out that the placement of the fan cutout is too close to the forward center roof rib, not allowing the fan mount to lay flat. I followed AdWag's install videos and written installation instructions to a 'T', so I'm pretty sure I have it in the correct placement. I don't know if MB changed the dimensions of the center roof rib or what. Here are some pics.

Front view of fan ring raised up from interference of the roof rib. This is a closeup image and the gap probably looks worse than it is.

If I bend the fan mount around the rib then the forward edge of the mount bows in, and I'm afraid it won't seal correctly to the fan when it's mounted.

Top view of fan positioning.

Interior view

Template positioning, snug against forward beam flange and centered. (probably only relevant to people familiar with the procedure)

So far Adwag has been non-responsive to my inquiries, so any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

hein

Van Guru
Replied to your PM. We have an adapter that solves this problem. Please reach out to Kim to order the necessary items. Kim@DIYvan.com

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

Top Bottom