Factory 115V outlet - dash

marsay

Does anyone know if the 2019's were pre-wired for this? Wonder if can be added easily. Curious if it's just plug and play.

65C02

mine came with option EE3, 115v socket $118
no aux battery
don't know if you can retrofit the OEM - but its only like 150W and resides somewhere under the cupholders, so if that meets your needs, why not install a small inverter under the seat - with a duplex outlet or two in the seat base.

marsay

@Ferrets thats a great idea. I just liked the idea of a clean factory plug in the dash. But now realizing there is a TON of empty space in the front center cupholder assembly. Perfect place to mount an outlet or two. :)

autostaretx

Erratic Member
mine came with option EE3, 115v socket $118
no aux battery
don't know if you can retrofit the OEM - but its only like 150W and resides somewhere under the cupholders, so if that meets your needs, why not install a small inverter under the seat - with a duplex outlet or two in the seat base.
Back when i bought my Sprinter (2005), an easy rule-of-thumb was that buying an option *after* receiving the Sprinter doubled its price. (in my case, the rear step bumper and the rear door grab-bars)

--dick

GLJones

Hard to see because this was a pic for something else. Bottom of center dash section below cup holders. You can see the cover at top right. Hole below is the key-insert to start the van if your wireless key stops working.

Lower Run.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Git

Mathewst

I got european version its 300w 230v but it goes only if ignotion is on, so its shit, i rarely use it cos usually i need 230v when car is stationary. Got just one battery agm.
I got dometic 1800w inverter installed so I use that one.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here's what the options book says about the EE3:
"The 115-V socket is located in the lower part of the center console and serves to power small electrical
devices with an output of up to 150 W, such as mobile phones, cordless electric screwdrivers, laptops,
or flashing lights. The system is comprised of a DC/AC-converter with overvoltage protection and a
power socket. The socket is only supplied with power if a plug is recognized. For vehicles without additional
battery, the power socket is functional via the KEYLESS-START power supply when the ignition is
set to position 1. Vehicles with an additional battery have a run-on function that allows for devices to
be charged for up to four hours after the engine has been turned off. A light on the socket indicates
when it is operating."

Reading between the lines ... is that "keyless-start power supply" the dinky 1.2 amp hour battery that's under the driver's seat? (and is disabled by pulling fuse #32 if you're disconnecting power for a long time).
And it would appear that the 115v socket shuts down after 4 hours even if it's powered by the 100 AH House Battery.

--dick

Top Bottom