Buying Insulation

atrowbridge

Heading to HD now, I plan on buying:
4- 1/2 boards for floor (XPS)
To fill the slots then cover with full 1/2 board

1- 1 1/2 boards for walls Polyiso

Already filled half the walls with sheep’s wool, now I just plan to put the boards in the

1- 1 1/2 board for door Polyiso
For slider

2- 1 1/2 boards for ceiling Polyiso
Do I need 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch? My measurements tell me 1 1/2 but I keep reading people say 1 inch fits.

1- 1 1/2 boards for back door Poly
The back doors.

I have used 2 bags of sheep’s wool for the other parts of the van already.
I planned on sealing the boards with Great Stuff- Gaps & Cracks. Is that a good idea or should I be using tape? I have seen both. The floor I will use 3M 77 Adhesive spray.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I used 2" for ceiling, but that gave me additional trouble of bending the Styrofoam and gluing.
1.5" should do just fine.
What kind of sheep you have? Never heard about it for vehicle insulation.
Sounds like potential for insects?

gs850gx

Sounds like you have it covered but getting the poly in the doors sounds tricky, will be interested to see how that goes. Use the spray foam all around the edges or the foam panels. Tape allows the foam panels to rub against the metal as the van moves and flexes and causes squeaks, don't ask me how I know this.

sparkplug

Wool is not uncommon in Europe.

I've seen some people put it in plastic ziplock bags to keep moisture out.

It's a very good insulator, ticks a lot of the sustainable green eco boxes (less so when in plastic bags) and is naturally non-flammable

I'd already bought some Knauff Earthwool when I read up about it otherwise I would have considered it for my van.

Maybe next time....

Top Bottom