Recommendations on 2015 Unity (Kitchen) Wateter Filter

rvthereyet

2015.5 Unity TB
Under the sink area...

Searched the forum but cannot not find the part number or souurce for the "unscrew" type water filter.

Thanks in advance.

--Tom

rvthereyet

2015.5 Unity TB
Thanks...

And I would assume that this screws off and then back on.

Do I need a few rags to catch the water when I unscrew the original?

--Tom

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
If you have very steady hands you can remove the canister without spieling any. I stick a shallow plastic bowl under mine when removing the filter just to be safe,

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
Do I need a few rags to catch the water when I unscrew the original?

--Tom
I started pulling a plastic bag around the filter before I unscrew it. It catches most of the water that leaks from the filter housing as I move the filter (which in the murphy bed is under the bathroom sink) to the shower to dump it.

glsBigSky

2022/2021 Renegade Vienna RMC
You can use a small plastic storage container to catch the water. Just set it under the filter. You can also use it as a mobile catch basin while you carry the filter to a sink for dumping. Remember to release the water line pressure by opening a faucet - both hot and cold. Plus make sure that the city water or pump have been shut off. Expect to have a little air in the line after you replace the filter.

michaelh

2015 Unity TB
Those Filtrete products mentioned earlier provide really basic chlorine taste reduction only. If you want to remove some chemicals and have higher performance generally, you can use any industry-standard 10" carbon block filter. You can pick these up at Home Depot, Lowe's or online filter stores. A good high performance block will cost at least $20. The basic chlorine taste reduction filters are a lot cheaper.

rvthereyet

2015.5 Unity TB
Thanks for the additional info...

Would you happen to have a manufactures, or type/part number for Lows or Home Depot?

--Tom

glsBigSky

2022/2021 Renegade Vienna RMC
I have use replacement filters from Clearsource. The carbon element cartridge is about $20 and filters down to .5 micron. Plus it has an impressive 6 gallon flow rate measured at 40 psi. I am always concerned when replacement filters do not list their flow rate.

NextRV

I have just my original filter from amazon - FlowPur/ Watts WCBCS-975RV RV Trailer Camper Exterior Canister Single Replacement Filter

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
in the RV section of anywhere they sell RV stuff you will likely find this one sold under the Camco branding https://tinyurl.com/a47kp2yh
and if you are really concerned about what come out of the hook up there is this one that you can use to double filter https://tinyurl.com/5cd4xtjx
those 2 will give you an idea about the specs for filtration.
When changing the filter it is also a good idea to check the strainer on the bypass pump. It should just screw off.

JoePhoenix

2016 Unity TB
When you take the housing off and dump the water, make sure you don't also toss the black O-ring that's in the top of the canister.

Top Bottom