Agile Off Road

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
FYI...For you that are considering improving your Sprinter 3500 suspension, The Helwig sway bar seems to be in good supply. However there is a 1-3 month backlog of Agile Fox 2.5 rear shocks. Apparently Covid had their supplier shutdown and are filling orders on a first come basis.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
FYI...For you that are considering improving your Sprinter 3500 suspension, The Helwig sway bar seems to be in good supply. However there is a 1-3 month backlog of Agile Fox 2.5 rear shocks. Apparently Covid had their supplier shutdown and are filling orders on a first come basis.
Hmmnn... hope they have my entire RIP for my 2500 as I am now camping at the Hatfield Vinyard Winery, Ramona, Ca. for Mondays June 1 install. Jesus( Agile guru) told me to come in at 0830.

Cheers

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
It's likely that your going to be fine. I made an online purchase a couple weeks ago for a DIY upgrade. Please give us feedback on your experience at Agile Off Road.

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
I had the RIP kit installed over a year ago. The LTV drives like a dream and Agile is a great business to work with. No connection to them other than a happy customer.

Vailcomp

I had the RIP kit installed over a year ago. The LTV drives like a dream and Agile is a great business to work with. No connection to them other than a happy customer.
Totally agree with your reply and experience. I had my RIP installed about 3 years ago. Huge improvement, last year upgrade the Strut to the Koni another great improvement. Agile is top notch. I am a very happy customer.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
It's likely that your going to be fine. I made an online purchase a couple weeks ago for a DIY upgrade. Please give us feedback on your experience at Agile Off Road.
TwoClinks....will give feedback after Monday RIP job. Then we’re heading to many dispersed campings in Northern Nevada as almost all of Kalifornica is closed/barricaded still.
Cheers....

Last edited:

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Achtung...

She used to look like this:

Has been modified to like this since 6 months ago:

Removed and tossed all appendages: skirts, steps, black tank...etc.

Now I can crawl underneath :cheers:

And now at Agile Off Road...

Plenty more Sprinters about and in the Bays...

My stall is ready..

All Sprinters are jacked up from the floors; no lifts. Here's mine being jacked up

Two guys tend to work on each opposite wheels.

Getting a Bilstein w. Spring for our 2x4

Plus spacer for the 265 tires.

These are Michelins LT265/75/16 A/T2

Taking off the OEM leaf springs

What a difference design and measurement, hope our ride won't be toooooo stiff??

Single OEM to >>> 8 Leafies(Made in USA)...

See how many order Agile stuffs.. Our work order was accepted in March and it's being done today (June 1). Great backlog and the most fabulous professional personnel. Very accommodating and forthcoming. Will always tell you whether you needed/recommended parts unless you want to spend more $$$$ yourself. Asked about a beefier Helwig Swayer bar (not needed for my set up unless I WANTED one)

Will post the ride on pavement and off grid some time soon..

cheers...

Last edited:

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
I think you'll be pleased with the ride. Mine is more firm but not harsh. Rides more like a BMW than a Cadillac if that makes sense? The best thing is no rocking the coach back and forth when you go over speed bumps and you won't get blown off the road.

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
Thank You...Outstanding feedback. This gives everyone here a bit of introduction to Agile Off Road.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
I think you'll be pleased with the ride. Mine is more firm but not harsh. Rides more like a BMW than a Cadillac if that makes sense? The best thing is no rocking the coach back and forth when you go over speed bumps and you won't get blown off the road.
Agree... just came to RidgeCrest, CA after a 4 hour get the hell out of the cities during CA rush hour. Wow what steadiness and so much less road rumble. Able to take the corners at posted speed or above with aplomb. Yes, its stiffer but not harsh. Noticed with the 265 theres almost a 3 mph greater according to the GPS for accuracy. So when going 70 mph via OEM speedometer the GPS shows 73. Also Used to get with the first fuel bar about 70-80 miles now I am getting 55 miles, ugh. Oh, sure I was hell bent in getting out of the cities, vrrooomm.
Will report off grid performances, maybe tomorrow.

cheers

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Glad to hear so many good reviews of Agile Off Road! They set me up with the prototype set of their rear shocks back in the beginning - at no charge. Then one failed (got stuck, somehow, in the compressed state). Installed a completely new set an no charge, and threw in dust covers. Real Class Act, these guys!

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Glad to hear so many good reviews of Agile Off Road! They set me up with the prototype set of their rear shocks back in the beginning - at no charge. Then one failed (got stuck, somehow, in the compressed state). Installed a completely new set an no charge, and threw in dust covers. Real Class Act, these guys!
Yep, they were very accommodating. Have ventured into countless rutted roads: Fishlakes isolated thermal baths in the middle of nowhere. Gullies, rocks, dips, soft sand... toward Dyer, Nv. Jesus be blessed in those pools. Hot, warm, cool. Am rejuvenated... new body!! Suspension is superb!! Thanks Agile guys.

Top Bottom