Hoses

I'm planning to replace the coolant hoses and both turbo hoses, the beast has 230k on it and it seems like good preventive services because I dont know how old the existing ones are.
The question is where is the best place to buy; EuropartsSD, Million Mile Sprinter, MB dealer, or Pepboys. Europarts and MMS are both $100 for each set.
Any ideas?

lindenengineering

Dealer.
I have a minimum of 5 hose sets at any one time in the parts store.
We do at least one replacement hose & system flush a month on PMs alone .
Dennis

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
1. I have 2004 OM 647 but I'd guess owners of earlier Sprinters would like info for their version too.

2. Do heater hoses also need to be replaced at same time or do they last longer?

Thanks.

Note: Just added year "2004" under profile to left. Thanks.

Last edited:

tom2turbo

My 06 OM647 is getting a new hose set. Because I am new to Sprinters I reviewed the OP's list of suppliers and more. My take is this system includes the unusual sizes, bends, lengths etc. In my extensive repair experience over 40 years, for these anomalous parts, the best course is to use the best. I then have piece of mind.
See you on the road.

lindenengineering

I will endeavor to list these hoses for you shortly.
Essentially 2002 & 2003 Sprinters have a distinctively different lower hose shape with Tee connection .
The later 2004 on to model run out , is a simple elbow (with tee eliminated for a different lower steel coolant pipe and U shaped hose)

The main heater hoses are different around the inlet manifold again on 2002 to 2003 , a bit of a struggle to change out!
The later unit has a simple"z" shaped hose from bulkhead aux electric pump to EGR valve.
I have seen engines wrecked by not changing this one, and then it ruptures in service. (engine glows in the dark)
Repair costs go into the "Dark Side"
Dennis

Last edited:
I have always gotten the factory quality replacement parts from Europarts SD. In my experience, they do not sell cheap Chinese knock offs. heya re a family run business and have limited hours in the current health crisis. A little patience will go a long way, if you don';t get an immediate response.

Do consider that they are continuing to be open daily M-F during the current crisis, even on a somewhat shortened schedule.

After a decade of relying upon them for factory quality parts, there has been only one situation that they could not give me what I needed.

This is directly referring to a set of 06 Freightliner headlight assemblies that appear to not be available other than MB for $400 each or to some chinese knock off for half the price.

I am still debating which way to go.

A shout out to the Sprinter Pit Stop in San Diego for fixing a couple headlight bulbs that went out for a second time in the last three months.

If they go out again, I will need to replace the assemblies, unless someone knows of another cure. To be specific, the drivers side daylight bulbs and the drivers side nighttime headlight bulbs have been the problem. The brights are fine.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
i don’t think it is the headlight assemblies that cause the premature headlight bulb failure /if it is I don’t see how changing the assemblies (nacelles) will make the headlight bulbs last longer. Of course even if that does stop the premature bulb failures....you can buy an awful lot of bulbs for $400-$800.

trc.rhubarb

I have always gotten the factory quality replacement parts from Europarts SD. In my experience, they do not sell cheap Chinese knock offs. heya re a family run business and have limited hours in the current health crisis. A little patience will go a long way, if you don';t get an immediate response.

Do consider that they are continuing to be open daily M-F during the current crisis, even on a somewhat shortened schedule.

After a decade of relying upon them for factory quality parts, there has been only one situation that they could not give me what I needed.

This is directly referring to a set of 06 Freightliner headlight assemblies that appear to not be available other than MB for $400 each or to some chinese knock off for half the price.

I am still debating which way to go.

A shout out to the Sprinter Pit Stop in San Diego for fixing a couple headlight bulbs that went out for a second time in the last three months.

If they go out again, I will need to replace the assemblies, unless someone knows of another cure. To be specific, the drivers side daylight bulbs and the drivers side nighttime headlight bulbs have been the problem. The brights are fine.
I want to like Europarts and I've bought a lot from them.
I also find that they seem to have less and less OEM and instead a product from an OEM manufacturer.
I've had trim pieces that don't fit and sensors that don't work or last.
It's not been 1, 2 or even 3 times and I just can't order OEM "if you look close you can see where the star and Mb part number have been ground off for trademark purposes" -

Yes, i see sanding but I'm not finding OEM function.

It's a tough call but I'm tired of fixing the same things over and over and there are a ton of fakes out there... many unintentionally sold by good people.

B

billintomahawk

I requested Mercedes parts from ID parts, they can get them but it takes a couple of days and they cost more than their in stock parts.
Their prices are cheaper than my local MB dealer.
Shipping is necessary for me with the local dealer.

On big ticket items it might save money on original parts.
Ask for Andrea. You might have to email her but she is prompt on return(pre Covid).

bill in tomahawk

Top Bottom