Dash Rocker Switches

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Hello fellow sprinters,

I'm looking to add some rocker switches to the dash of my rig. My OEM hazard bezel is the basic model that includes only the ASR toggle and door locks like the one below. There are no extra rocker blanks to use.

I'm looking to purchase one like this below, which also includes a seat heater switch and what appears to be removable blank rockers like the ones near the steering column.

But I would like to confirm from anyone who owns a rig with similar bezel that the blanks are not fake and are truly removable to install an aftermarket switch.

Thanks in advance!

sparkplug

I tried to find switches to fit the blanks by my steering wheel and discovered that they are a strange size and I couldn't find any switches to fit them.

I believe Hein (although it might have been someone else) offers a service to cut your blanks and install a smaller switch into them.

My bezel is the same as yours so I don't know about the blanks on those - however I think that I would probably be looking as just drilling a nice easy round hole and installing toggle switches in.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
You can buy just the Dash control switch panel and based on the pictures from this listing, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-S...1cea956f12:g:rtIAAOSwocFexih7&redirect=mobile, it appears each section has a snap in cover. Ebay does offer the matching Sprinter dash frame bracket and switches, https://www.ebay.com/itm/NCV3-Sprin...c-cba3-4202-8558-3b0d5c1ba58c&redirect=mobile, or just the frame bracket and you provide your own switch, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sprinter-d...&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&redirect=mobile. Seems like a lot of expense for just adding rocker switches. If you are good with a Dremel tool you can create cutouts in your OEM panel to accommodate virtually any switch. Amazon has lots of rocker switch choices.

Last edited:

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Thanks for the input regarding the switches. I think I’ve got that part figured out. What I’m asking is in regards to where in the dash I’m trying to place them.

I’d like to hear from someone with a similar hazard bezel to know if those are real rocker blanks (adjacent to the seat heater and door lock rocker) or a solid piece of plastic made to look like blanks.

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
For those future interested parties I answered my own question and the answer is no, those are not real rocker blanks. The circuit board behind runs the length of the bezel and each "blank" corresponds to a switch which is present on the circuit board. The one I bought was missing the upper wire harness terminals still but appears most of the guts for accessory switches are inside.

Ergo without drilling through the circuit board and rendering the buttons inoperable I'll have to alter my plan.

IPT

For those future interested parties I answered my own question and the answer is no, those are not real rocker blanks. The circuit board behind runs the length of the bezel and each "blank" corresponds to a switch which is present on the circuit board. The one I bought was missing the upper wire harness terminals still but appears most of the guts for accessory switches are inside.

Ergo without drilling through the circuit board and rendering the buttons inoperable I'll have to alter my plan.

So what did you end up doing? I've used most of my blanks and I'm trying to decide where to move some switches too.

Top Bottom