Replace high mounted brake light

adsaxs

Hi,

I need to replace my “high mounted brake light” on my 2016 Serenity Van.

I took off the two screws and peeled the brake light off. As expected, there was a hole in the center where the wires go. I then noticed the cavity within the center hole was filled in exposing only the 3 wires.

There is no room to splice the new brake light wires to the existing wires. So, how does one replace the brake light?

hoosierrun

Hi,

I need to replace my “high mounted brake light” on my 2016 Serenity Van.

I took off the two screws and peeled the brake light off. As expected, there was a hole in the center where the wires go. I then noticed the cavity within the center hole was filled in exposing only the 3 wires.

There is no room to splice the new brake light wires to the existing wires. So, how does one replace the brake light?

hoosierrun

I replaced that light on my 2016 Serenity. I ordered a new one from Command Electronics. I was able to pull enough wiring out to solder on the wires from the new light. It was tight but I made it work. Crimps might work too. Once you get the new light in and tested and screwed in, try to seal it to the body or else the new light will eventually get water in it. If your Serenity is silver, use JV8 RTV from Oreillys. If you want to see a picture let me know. I need to get to my computer to post pictures.

adsaxs

Hoosierrun,

As you can see from the two pictures I have included, the cavity within the center hole is filled with something - perhaps calk. The original wires are very tight when I tugged on them. I don't think I can crimp the cables because there is no room.

This really should be a simple task.

Thanks for your assistance.

Art

Attachments

Top Bottom