Backup camera problem

SVidas

2018 Unity CB
I have a 2018 Unity CB. I had an installer remove the Becker radio and replace it with a Pioneer unit and a monitor/rear view mirror that can always display the rear camera view. It has worked great since November 2017.

Today when I was out exercising my rig the backup view on the rear view monitor didn’t show and neither on my Pioneer when in reverse. After I drove and restarted it both work fine. Where would you start to diagnose if there is a loose connection or bad wire? Power was at the Pioneer and the Rear view monitor all the time, so perhaps the connection from the camera to the Pioneer or splitter?

KSbuffalo

Can’t help you with your problem but, coincidentally, last week on my 2017 LTV unity the OEM rear camera display on the dash stopped working. I’ve only got 20,000 miles on this unit so I was kind of surprised and disappointed.

SVidas

2018 Unity CB
Can’t help you with your problem but, coincidentally, last week on my 2017 LTV unity the OEM rear camera display on the dash stopped working. I’ve only got 20,000 miles on this unit so I was kind of surprised and disappointed.
Mine is at roughly 15,000 - I did complicate matters by replacing the Becker radio/Nav with a Pioneer 8201 and added a rearview monitor at the rearview mirror so I can always have the backup camera on there. If it happens again I will probably pull the Pioneer head unit and make sure connections for the camera and monitor are good. I hope it isn't the wiring to the rear camera.

Jordan & Val

2016 Unity 24IB
There is another thread about this. I had the problem, if you are using the original camera and wiring there is a connection under the driver seat that unplugging and repluging solved my issue. Others have had it work but not permanently. Make sure you also check the display brightness first, that can look ok for some things and not bright enough for the camera especially on a sunny day.

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
There is another thread about this. I had the problem, if you are using the original camera and wiring there is a connection under the driver seat that unplugging and repluging solved my issue. Others have had it work but not permanently. Make sure you also check the display brightness first, that can look ok for some things and not bright enough for the camera especially on a sunny day.
Interesting - I fixed a similar problem with the backup camera on my 2014 TB the same way except the connector for the camera was under the passenger seat.

TampaSteve

2018/2019 Unity CB
Coincidentally I have basically the same setup as you except no splitter/rear view, only the Pioneer which I installed. I would take a look at the splitter they installed if you know where it is. Might be some sort of powered amplifier that in an emergency you could bypass and at least have one or the other. I am considering adding a rear view in the future that is full time.

Top Bottom