About to buy 144 4x4, any advice on dealer negotiating?

rzemyk

I got 6 grand off sticker , first month on MB and cheap extended warranty , but that was in April . I think right now is pretty back to normal business

klif01

Three weeks ago I had a 19’ 4x4 ($62777 msrp) delivered from PA to Denver. Paid $55,805 with 0% plus 10 year warranty.
19’s are pretty scarce across the country but you can pick them up still and have them shipped to you.

_Zach

•͡˘㇁•͡˘
The best I was able to get was $1,000 off a 2020, for a loaded 140 4x4. It is Stone Grey and LED though, so I'm not really complaining.

djsincla

Definitely some sweet deals on 2019 out there. eBay shows a black 4x4 on the east coast with a nice discount. Without a custom order, trying to find an optimal configuration on the lot is tough. I found my 2020 van and its "almost perfect" and was able to get $1800 off MSRP of $64K.

TheDoghouse

2600 off 66k MSRP for a 2020 170 4x4 and additional off the extd warranty. Got lucky with my local dealer. Dealers in the bay area weren't budging especially on the 2019s due to the 0%apr. Too many people in the bay area willing to pay sticker :(

I am looking at a 170 extended 4x4 in pebble grey. $64,737 MSRP and initial negotiation got the price down to $61,500. I would have to add 4.15% sales tax on to whatever final price. Comes with the 10" screen, NAV, heated seats (not power), and some other overpriced not so big deal options.

I have some questions for the masses though... Is this a decent deal?

I plan to make this a conversion but I am also wondering about potential resale.. Is this too big to be appealing? I would love to have a 144 but I think I want a fixed shower so I think the extra space would be nice although I could make a 170 work. Would love for opinions.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
I am looking at a 170 extended 4x4 in pebble grey. $64,737 MSRP and initial negotiation got the price down to $61,500. I would have to add 4.15% sales tax on to whatever final price. Comes with the 10" screen, NAV, heated seats (not power), and some other overpriced not so big deal options.

I have some questions for the masses though... Is this a decent deal?

I plan to make this a conversion but I am also wondering about potential resale.. Is this too big to be appealing? I would love to have a 144 but I think I want a fixed shower so I think the extra space would be nice although I could make a 170 work. Would love for opinions.
Premium? premium plus?
If both, seems a good deal to me, although the MSRP probably would have been higher.

Perhaps you should start a new thread about your conversion questions. That van in a 2500 won't have much payload.

Premium plus and driver convenience package among some others. Why would the payload be lower because of the added 4x4 components?

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Premium plus and driver convenience package among some others. Why would the payload be lower because of the added 4x4 components?
You want both premium and plus to get all the safety features.
C02 combined with C03, iirc.

I'll answer other questions in

lance1303

Hey, folks just got back from the dealer and purchased a 2019 170 extended 4x4 got $9200 off MSRP while every other dealer in town told me they couldn't go below 4k sticker price was about 58k initially. 0% APR and 90-day deferred payments. I think I did well. This was in south FL if you need the number of the sales manager I dealt with PM me...My first sprinter and first time buying the first year of a new vehicle...Hopefully, it was a wise decision...Looked into buying used and 2017 sprinters with 20-30k miles were going for about the same price as new so was a no brainer.
Hey NewKid, Please can you advise which dealer you used. I am trying to purchase a 170" at the moment in South Florida. Thanks

ForestGrump

Grand FVanale
Maybe it was all BS. The dealer simply said no wiggle room. Said three units were on hold, prices for inventory up in Bay Area exceeded the sticker price, and when inventory is gone, that’s it til May of next year. So I bought their bull & the Sprinter too, 144” WB RB 4x4

Maybe it was all BS. The dealer simply said no wiggle room. Said three units were on hold, prices for inventory up in Bay Area exceeded the sticker price, and when inventory is gone, that’s it til May of next year. So I bought their bull & the Sprinter too, 144” WB RB 4x4
Well, Congrats on the purchase. What are the details? Price, options, color, etc?

ForestGrump

Grand FVanale
Well, Congrats on the purchase. What are the details? Price, options, color, etc?
I saw where you’re interested in the pebble grey, that’s what we chose. I did like the blue grey but didn’t want it to look like an Amazon delivery van, also the pebble grey will match our interior ‘forest’ decor better, a more earthy color I think will not get tired of. Came with tow package and two leather swivel seats, comfort packages etc. We paid $54,563 for it. Going to get suspension/ ride performance improvement done with either Agile Off Road or Van Compass. Still researching best way to go. Lots of back roads to explore in my neck of the woods!

dv8tor

From my recent experience, you have to shop around quite a bit. It all depends on your local market. Mine happens to be Southern California, so market for 4x4’s is pretty hot and everyone seems to be willing to pay retail. I guess I’m an exception... 19’s are long gone, so the best offer I received was $2k off retail (crew 4x4) from MB Long Beach. I started shopping nationwide and determined that the NE region seems to have better discounts. I received an offer of $3.5k off retail (crew 4x4) from MB Manhattan. I actually had a deal on a black 19 passenger 4x4 at better than 11% off retail. Once we agreed, the dealer I was working with was about to write up the contract and found out that it had been sold over the weekend! He was able to locate a 2020 crew 4x4 with most of the options I was looking for in one of the color options I specified (I was kinda glad I didn’t get the black passenger) and honored the same price we had originally agreed to on the 19. He also gave me the 5yr/100k ELW at cost which sealed the deal. Only bummer really was having to drive it from the east coast to the west. Yes, I could’ve shipped it for $2.5k, but I wanted to be able to inspect it on delivery. And, luckily I did since I did find a ding/dent near the roof line upon inspection. Dealer agreed to pay for repairs once I got it home. My cost to drive it cross country was roughly $800 (fuel and hotel) over 4 days, so managed to save a little bit that I’ll use for my mild build.
PM me if you would like the dealer info.

dv8tor

BTW, I did all the paperwork via email and FedEx. All the hardcopy signature documents were fedex’d to me and fedex’d back to the dealer. I just showed up with the check, test drove and inspected the van and was on my way in about 30-45 mins. Dealer also picked me up from the airport which was nice.

hilld

Hopefully signing the papers on a 19 170 4x4 tomorrow. $8k off sticker, another one of those Winnebago vehicles, loaded drivers compartment and empty shell in the back. Couldn't be happier.

lance1303

Hopefully signing the papers on a 19 170 4x4 tomorrow. $8k off sticker, another one of those Winnebago vehicles, loaded drivers compartment and empty shell in the back. Couldn't be happier.
Nice hilld! Where are you buying? Can you tell me a bit about Winnebago vehicles like you describe? Where you had luck finding them? I am struggling to find a loaded driver's compartment Sprinter with the options I would like. Thanks

hilld

Nice hilld! Where are you buying? Can you tell me a bit about Winnebago vehicles like you describe? Where you had luck finding them? I am struggling to find a loaded driver's compartment Sprinter with the options I would like. Thanks
I signed the papers earlier today. Yeah.

I bought mine from McCoy Freightliner in Portland. They have one of these left, but is is a 170, not a 144.

Here is the link. You can probably get another 1k off. The one I picked had 32 miles on when I purchased it (and that was after 2 test drives).

They show a silver one on their website, but that is sold, so don't start drooling, that is what brought me in there....and it was gone.

The sales person I dealt with is Brice Dick, really nice guy.

lance1303

Thanks very much hiild, those look really good. Did you get $8k off the now only price or the original advertised "was" price (which might be pretty close to their "now only" price)? Also did you manage to sign and send hardcopies (via Fedex) in advance of going to pick it up or did you have to go in person. I live in Florida so would just like to lock one in before I travel across the country.

hilld

For some reason, they had 2 of them side by side, the only difference is that the one I purchased was 7.2k off the other 6k off (rounding) here. I was able to get another $700 without even asking. So, I paid $63,500 +TTL. They have been sitting on those vehicles for several months now, might be willing to deal more on that one. Keep in mind that technically these are used vehicles, even though they have hardly any miles on them, so the warranty clock has already started. In my case it has a July 2020 start date.

Also since these are used vehicles, none of the MB incentives apply.

Edit: Funny thing about Florida, that is where the vehicle came from.....Florida title and all. They came from Southport Truck Group (Aka Tampa Truck Center). That being said, you might find one a lot closer if you contact them. Who knows.

I actually live across the river from the dealer, so I just went in there. I did a test drive, then later the same day I brought the wife me and we did another test drive. Left a deposit right after that. Then the challenges started. I wanted to trade in a car......

Long story short, it is all done now, but took an extra week. I suppose you could do all the paperwork long distance. Reach out to Brice if that vehicle is what you want.

Top Bottom