Heated Floors! 12 volt heating fabric

TC Katie

Hey All,

Not sure if you saw the latest episode from Eamon and Bec- Van lifers and YouTube megastars (if that's a thing)? Well we've teamed up with them and in there latest video they've installed our underfloor heating fabric in there latest project! If you follow there link on the YouTube page you'll save some moola when you place your order!
The heated flooring mat that we offer is an excellent solution for those who have little to no insulation in there van! You just flick it on before you roll out of bed in the morning and you'll have a comfortable floor in no time! Or how about when you get in from a day on the ski hill and your tire and achy!
These consume very little power yet pack a punch on your comfort level on those cold mornings! These are in stock at the moment but are flying off the shelf!

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Hey All,

Not sure if you saw the latest episode from Eamon and Bec- Van lifers and YouTube megastars (if that's a thing)? Well we've teamed up with them and in there latest video they've installed our underfloor heating fabric in there latest project! If you follow there link on the YouTube page you'll save some moola when you place your order!
The heated flooring mat that we offer is an excellent solution for those who have little to no insulation in there van! You just flick it on before you roll out of bed in the morning and you'll have a comfortable floor in no time! Or how about when you get in from a day on the ski hill and your tire and achy!
These consume very little power yet pack a punch on your comfort level on those cold mornings! These are in stock at the moment but are flying off the shelf!
Do you know what the BTU output is?

TC Katie

Do you know what the BTU output is?
I'm not familiar with BTU:unsure: but I looked it up! I don't believe we have that measurement, what this is going to do for you and the floor is to bring the temp up slightly warmer than body temperature. Its not meant to be a heat source for the camper/van etc. Its just used to provide a more comfortable floor! If the floor was to hot it would make it very uncomfortable plus it could lead to off gassing of the flooring material that is on top of the mat.
Hopefully that gives you an better idea! Thanks for the question.

erik.wahlstrom

Seems super inefficient unless you have fantastic floor insulation you’ll just be heating the outside air via the sheet metal.

hippy

Hardware Modifier
I nearly did this with my van build but in the end didn't really see it was worth it as the diesel heater is very quick to get warm plus the warm air also heats the floor.

JIB

I am building it based on 24v house batteries. I can step it down to 12v, but it's more efficient to run everything directly on the native battery voltage wherever possible.

There are 24v floor heat solutions. I just prefer to support out "family" whenever possible.

Jack

menchaman

Any first hand experience with this? Doing my 3rd and hopefully final floor so this would be the time.... TIA

p.s. Live in cold climate, double insulated floor, will be definitely installing espar as well

TC Katie

Any first-hand experience with this? Doing my 3rd and hopefully final floor so this would be the time.... TIA

p.s. Live in cold climate, double insulated floor, will be definitely installing espar as well
@menchaman we've sold hundreds of these heated floor mats and we've only had great feedback. They're used in all of the European campers its a standard item.
Check out our Planar heaters, they are the most reliable diesel heater on the market, easy to install & super efficient. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to us as expeditionupfitter.com

TC Katie

Use Coupon Code = TOASTYTOES to save 20$ off your purchase of the 12v heating mats! (expires September 12th)

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I nearly did this with my van build but in the end didn't really see it was worth it as the diesel heater is very quick to get warm plus the warm air also heats the floor.
I actually purchased an electric radiant floor heat system from Amazon with the idea of using it when on shore power at ski resorts. But decided not worth the effort to install since I already had the Espar D2. Radiant heat, electric or hot water, is very slow to respond compared to an Espar air heater. Electric radiant heat will drain your batteries quickly if you are not on shore power.

Top Bottom