New Radiator Replacement 2004 158” T1N Questions

Thanks to everyone for helping sprinters owners to take on jobs like these. I am so grateful for the knowledge that is shared on this forum.

Radiator Replacement:

Everything was going according to plan. (thx Vic, billintomahawk, Autophysn, and others) until I tried mounting the bracket for the fan mount that is attached to the top of radiator. I bought a new radiator for europarts and so far everything lines up the same except;

the metal bracket that hooks on the top inside part of radiator that is used to help support upper bolts of front fan mount. The new radiator has a rib down the center so the metal bracket won’t lay flat and line up with bolt pattern on outside top of radiator.

As you can see from the photos the red circles are highlighting rib. Thoughts.?

8D925E2F-60D4-4725-BC8A-176B4CA86D29.jpeg16E85798-2998-4872-8462-1AF114C46CF2.jpeg

A few more Questions

Should I add anything to the threads of the new transmission cooler lines before I screw them into radiator ?

I am only replacing new metal lines from radiator to lower connection hose going to transmission. Would you recommend changing the rest of both lines that connect to the transmission?

I noticed a few other things that needed some repairs.

Gonna replace water pump, pulleys, tensioner and belt.

Should I add any kind of locktite when re bolting all of these back into place.

What are the recommendations for torque on those bolts.

Should I replace anything else that tends to fail while I have good access at home and not on the road somewhere..
2004 158” T1N 200k

Thank You'

yuke

I am also just am finishing up putting a new radiator on my 05 old one had a tiny crack at upper seem common fault poor design. I just looked at my rad I put on and it is flat in the area yours has a rib. I got my radiator from CSF import inc. it is a chinese OEM part. Maybe you can gtind the rib down in area it obstructs clip but be very careful you dont ruin radiator but I would think the clip would bend enough to go over rib and tie down thats my opinion. Yes put either grease or anti seize on threads, torque is not critical on those bolts make as tight as you can w/o stripping you did good so far its a job I would not wish on my worst enemy its no wonder shops get so much $$$ to work on vehicles now a days all because thats the way the manf. want it I own many vehicles and engines work on all my own stuff and am finding M.B. to be the worst of the bunch. They might be nice when brand new but just hope nothing breaks on it or you got big repair bills. I am waiting 5 days now for a lower radiator hose price ranged from $4=$40 good thing I was not on the road when I needed this or I would have had a $1,000 repair bill for tow,hose,repair, and 5 day motel stay not fun. So check your hoses I think you have 2 top and 2 bottom why you need 4 I have no idea just another design flaw to get more money out of people. The people on this forum are good people its just the German engineers I'm starting to question.

Top Bottom