serenity roof leak

looks like my cualking is leaking on the top of the rv along the taper joint coming down towards the window,anybody else have this happen.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
A photo is worth 1000 words. If you mean there are streaks on the side of the RV that's one thing, if you mean you are getting water stains inside that's another. I had leaks inside, warped the wood under the cabinetry, and had to go crazy with recalking the top of the RV. Should be good for a few years.

hoosierrun

Yes... I have that on my 2016 Serenity. Very disappointed and besides you and me, I had another report from another Serenity owner with the same issue. I made a temporary emergency fix by scraping out all the crap and sealing it with a silver RTV silicon product called JV8. Pictures below. LTV quality seems to have gone downhill in recent years. I don't expect my patch to last long.

Attachments

laxman23

Yep, same thing here on 2016 Serenity. Bought some clear adhesive and clear sealent. Luckily, I have the paint color already purchased to go over it.

Attachments

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
Folks keep saying this is one of the best RV’s.. I am really not sold folks. Yes they look cool and are not your standard boxy boxes! But there certainly are deficiencies. This is a big one. They keep talking about Serenity has one single fiberglass mold, blah blah blah... all BS folks. Again some other examples can be seen in the cheap plastic that can be see all throughout the coach. May be I had expected higher standards.. but unfortunately they are just like any other RV manufacturer out there. This roof thing is really unacceptable. Ya if you had your RV for like 15-20 years I would say may be acceptable. But we are talking about within 5 years..
I have a 2020 and will be checking the roof this week. Good luck everyone!

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
A photo is worth 1000 words. If you mean there are streaks on the side of the RV that's one thing, if you mean you are getting water stains inside that's another. I had leaks inside, warped the wood under the cabinetry, and had to go crazy with recalking the top of the RV. Should be good for a few years.
[/QUOTE

geds

2018 Serenity
Our brand new 2018 had a pinhole leak over the cab. Water came down inside the molding and dripped out of the glove box and puddled at the passenger's feet. We happened to be at LTV's factory for them to fix the squeaking/rattling coach door when it came up a huge downpour and was discovered. They fixed it but were never able to do much about the coach door. Any fix was temporary. The best solution was squirting silicone grease inside the latch mechanism and stay on smooth roads.

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
geds. Thanks for the share. Again going back to my previous comment. These RV's are nice looking but sub-par in many many areas - even the look and feel....
I am glad you brought up the door squeaking... I have a 2020 Serenity and its killing me. And I am really surprised no one has brought this up. I am still in a troubleshooting mode. I have unscrewed the cheap cheap plastic trim around the door window and put in foam and stuff to see if this is the culprit. It has helped a bit but there is something else going on. (I thought 100% this was the issue since when you push this plastic it makes the exact same squeaking noise for me) I will try your silicone fix and see if I feel a difference.
Another noise issue is the sliding bathroom door. After couple of ideas I found one that actually has really helped. You know the wall strap that holds the door. Its a bit loose by design. I made couple of twists to the strap so it becomes shorter in length. Keep testing as you twist to ensure it will reach the button it attaches to on the door. Just when you feel its tight enough and you will have to pull it a little bit to latch (and you will feel the door comes back a little bit since it gets really tight). This has helped with the bathroom door rattle a lot!

Since this post is about leaks - I really need to keep an eye on this. Also I don't like the way they pulled the solar wires on the roof. They used the lowest area on the water catching channel on the roof that runs front to back to pull the wire. It would be common sense to pull wire at a level that will not have a water stream runoff or worse case water sitting in that area.

Another not too nice to the eyes visible item is the bathroom vent on the back drivers side of the roof. Why in the world would they vent the pipe all the way to the corner where the dicor is so visible even if you are standing on ground coupe of feet away from the coach - takes the sleek look out of the coach. Look like an after thought/garage fix.

So to summarize - these are simple common sense things that their design team should consider/should have considered. But wait - they don't make Serenity anymore... problem solved for TEEE and we learn to live and fix with each others help!

Last edited:

SLDriver

2014.5 LTV Serenity
2014.5 Serenity. As a matter of maintenance, we had the roof recaulked and new tires installed every 5 years regardless. Personally, we are still quite satisfied with LTV quality. :thumbup:

Mikeglad

looks like my cualking is leaking on the top of the rv along the taper joint coming down towards the window,anybody else have this happen.
I also have a leak also in the upfitted cab area. The finish painted seam on both sides cracked and leaked a year and 6 months after we bought our 2020 serenity in Dec 2019. The crack came back on the passengers side seam and started leaking again this November. I have triple e HOPEFULLY forcing holland RV to warranty their original repair of the crack. Keep you posted. Here’s my pics.

Attachments

ssalaria

2020 Serenity
Mike if it was me I would take it to a reputable body shop. Holland RV is just going to do it in the cheapest and most economical way to get you/Eee off their back. If they didn’t do it right the first time, I would not trust them this time around at all.
1. EEE’s fault for building a bad product. Period.
2. Holland’s arm is being twisted to do this a second time. Not a good scenario.
Just my 2 cents. It can’t be too hard to fix. You just have to take your time and the right product.
Keep us posted please.

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
Seems to be a common occurrence. Most likely a design flaw that is manifesting itself over time. Thermal expansion/contraction, lack of structural support / attachment in that area / adhesive selction by manufacturer etc. Sun, UV will continue to deteriorate the condition. Parking indoors may slow it down some but of course not everyone has that at their disposal.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Be sure to keep an eye on your Serenity, it's amazing how fast rust can develop around the windshield2823B440-B09B-4347-B180-C43182BA6571_1_105_c.jpegEBC7F7EA-1A4F-4144-99E5-B09E3A7ADF75_1_105_c.jpeg

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
I have always been leary of a steel chassis cab with a partial fiberglass box hung on the back of it. I've had fiberglass laminated travel trailers that due to the elements suffered some serious delamination that is not easily fixable. It's like combining something of high durability with low durability and longevity. In this particular case a chassis that lasts 300,000 miles against a box behind it that probably won't.

Top Bottom