New shoes...BFG KM3s

MTGJR1

Good looking! But down side is hum caused by the impact of the tread on the highway. Notice the tread is more perpendicular to the direction of travel vs. more diagonal on a street tread. Perpendicular is needed to dig into dirt (AT). More diagonal tread is needed for quiet. I really want AT times, but don't tolerate the hum very well.

Just noticed your imogi; you were joking. Damn.

marsay

I'm definitely gonna try a set of those when I burn through these new KO2's. Only problem is I got over 60k on my last set, so it might be while! My only complaint with my KO2's is that I always seem to travel to places where the gravel is just the right size to get stuck between the lugs on them – then when I get back on the highway and hit about 65, I hear a loud 'DINK' and am left wondering which rocker panel just got a love mark. :)

VAN7

How were they in wet?
I've read different opinions about that and snow

What's the main difference in km3? Where's ur driving mostly?

RaZzZzor

'19 144" HR 4x4
How were they in wet?
I've read different opinions about that and snow
What's the main difference in km3? Where's ur driving mostly?
Only 1K on dry pavement (80%) and dirt (20%) so far, but KM3s are performing well! Since I stuck with the OEM size, I wanted to try the 'knobby' mud profile. I don't expect them to wear as well/long as KO2s. But I'll be rotating/re-balancing every 5K, so am hoping for the best. I hit the Los Padres National Forest and Fort Hunter Liggett (in Monterey County) over the Memorial Day Weekend. Lots of steep back country fire road climbs and descents. This van is a PIG but did well with steep, dry, mostly-packed dirt (if I had aired-down and had some ballast in back, it would have been even better).

Attachments

TheIndian

2022 4X4 144" WB Low Roof
Nice setup Raz…hoping to do something similar when vehicle arrives hopefully this week…144 4x4. Also not interested in modifying fenders right now. Hoping though that 245/75 R16 on Arsenals 16”x8” won’t require it.

Top Bottom