Memorial DayI Your Thoughts welcomed.

CanineMan

DogMan
Do you know the story or even think about where it all began?
Please have a safe & Happy Memorial Day and weekend. We are a FREE Country because of the Brave Man and Women. Thank all of you in Uniform, Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, Nurses, Doctors who brave the cost of there own life that we might live safe and FREE in American. Thank you all for your Service.

Last edited:
In Canada we're just the opposite. Rapidly approaching (some would say we're already there, since our government hasn't formally met in months, and the dictator Trudea is ruling by order in council wothout parliamentary oversight) a dictatorial regime, because our forefathers weren't smart enough to join our US cousins and reject the British monarchial based style of government. Think of how great a North American sized country made up of you and us could have been.?
We blew it, big time.
Have a good weekend, my friends.
Enjoy lots of fireworks.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
In Canada we're just the opposite. Rapidly approaching (some would say we're already there, since our government hasn't formally met in months, and the dictator Trudea is ruling by order in council wothout parliamentary oversight) a dictatorial regime, because our forefathers weren't smart enough to join our US cousins and reject the British monarchial based style of government. Think of how great a North American sized country made up of you and us could have been.?
We blew it, big time.
Have a good weekend, my friends.
Enjoy lots of fireworks.
Curious....

....can you provide some examples of Trudeau's current actions that have lead to negative consequences, coupled with evidence that he made these without consultations with experts or unilaterally?

:popcorn:

Curious....

....can you provide some examples of Trudeau's current actions that have lead to negative consequences, coupled with evidence that he made these without consultations with experts or unilaterally?

:popcorn:
You can't be serious. So I'm going to mostly ignore this. :lol:

CanineMan

DogMan
FACT or NOT
The other day I was doing some reading and came across this post and had never known or seen prior. I do know about the Challenge Coin many of us carry mostly during reunions or show in our displays. I have my doubts about this. I think someone wants to start a tradition. I'm not saying some people aren't doing it. I've been to places where small rocks are left on the headstone. I have even coins on eyes left. As a former service member I did enjoy the read. This may be known to some and so anything I don't know about I checkout on, SNOPES your Internet FACT-CHECKER If not a TRADITION should be as it would I believe give peace of mind to families of their fallen child.
============================================================================
The Placing of COINS on HEADSTONES in the cemetery:
While visiting some cemeteries you may notice that headstones marking certain graves have coins on them, left by previous visitors to the grave.

These coins have distinct meanings when left on the headstones of those who gave their life while serving in America's military, and these meanings vary depending on the denomination of the coin.

A coin left on a headstone or at the gravesite is meant as a message to the deceased soldier's family that someone else has visited the grave to pay respect. Leaving a penny at the grave means simply that you visited.

A nickel indicates that you and the deceased trained at boot camp together, while a dime means you served with him in some capacity. By leaving a quarter at the grave, you are telling the family that you were with the soldier when he was killed.

According to tradition, the money left at graves in national cemeteries and state veterans cemeteries is eventually collected, and the funds are put toward maintaining the cemetery or paying burial costs for indigent veterans.

In the US, this practice became common during the Vietnam war, due to the political divide in the country over the war; leaving a coin was seen as a more practical way to communicate that you had visited the grave than contacting the soldier's family, which could devolve into an uncomfortable argument over politics relating to the war.

Some Vietnam veterans would leave coins as a "down payment" to buy their fallen comrades a beer or play a hand of cards when they would finally be reunited.

The tradition of leaving coins on the headstones of military men and women can be traced to as far back as the Roman Empire.

Placing Coins on Headstones [ Military Salute Project
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

Ret. Military/Corporate Pilot

Summers in the Ozarks-Winters in the Keys

We're always home-But we're always gone
REQUEST FOR REPOST REQUESTED

Last edited:

Top Bottom