What is a VS30 Sprinter Van?

• Thread starter Deleted member 104427
  • Start date

cacaw

Why is it so important to you too know my up-fiter.
Because in your original post you didn't say you were having a van upfitted; you said you ordered a motorhome. If we knew the model of motorhome you ordered, we could have easily answered your questions.

But now it sounds even screwier. You ordered a van through a builder and they didn't even take the time to explain what they ordered for you?

At this point, (unless there's something we don't know, like you have dyslexia or are going through a tough patch) you're burning bridges. If you really want the answers, pull up the the Brochure, the Dealer Order Guide (specs and available options), the Build Sheet (shows what options are included in your specific van), and the Equipment Book (detailed description of all options).

Unless you can show cause as to why it would?
Just trying to help, but never mind. I'm out of here. My fee doesn't include litigation. :)

sailquik

Guys,
I provided the OEM Build Data Card for the Sprinter this gentleman said was the Sprinter (by VIN #) his RV was going to be up fit/ built
from.
He now says it's a "Class B" RV and from the data card his VIN # indicates it's a "panel van" ( NOT a Cab/Chassis).
Looking at the Coachman RV website, there is only one Sprinter based Class B built on a "panel van" listed.
Here's a quote from the Coachman "Galleria" advert:
"Coachmen RV and Mercedes have combined their decades worth of experience to introduce Galleria, a Class B Motorhome that offers the utmost in quality, luxury and value. Built on the award winning 3500 Mercedes Sprinter extended platform with one of the cleanest running turbo-diesel "Blue TEC" engines on the market"
So, per the VIN # provided it's a good guess that what he has ordered is the "Galleria" which is built out in a 2019 Sprinter 3500 Extended
cargo van with the full length window cutouts on both sides and shipping covers for the windows installed at the factory.
Unless the build is particularly heavy, one could guess that it's a regular 3500 extended with dual rear wheels (like in the photo of the Galleria on the
Coachman website). Probably NOT an XD, but who knows what basic van Coachmen purchases in quantity to upfit to the Galleria configuration.
Here's the link to the Galleria on the Coachman site:
https://coachmenrv.com/class-b-motorhomes/galleria
Scroll down a ways and you can see the 4 different floor plans, with the length/height/weight/width (all 4 variants are the same) and all of them
have the 11,030 GAVWR (which might be considered "XD").
So, there you have it.
All of the other Coachman Sprinter based RV are built on Sprinter Cab/Chassis!
Roger

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 104427

Guys,
I provided the OEM Build Data Card for the Sprinter this gentleman said was the Sprinter (by VIN #) his RV was going to be up fit/ built
from.
He now says it's a "Class B" RV and from the data card his VIN # indicates it's a "panel van" ( NOT a Cab/Chassis).
Looking at the Coachman RV website, there is only one Sprinter based Class B built on a "panel van" listed.
Here's a quote from the Coachman "Galleria" advert:
"Coachmen RV and Mercedes have combined their decades worth of experience to introduce Galleria, a Class B Motorhome that offers the utmost in quality, luxury and value. Built on the award winning 3500 Mercedes Sprinter extended platform with one of the cleanest running turbo-diesel "Blue TEC" engines on the market"
So, per the VIN # provided it's a good guess that what he has ordered is the "Galleria" which is built out in a 2019 Sprinter 3500 Extended
cargo van with the full length window cutouts on both sides and shipping covers for the windows installed at the factory.
Unless the build is particularly heavy, one could guess that it's a regular 3500 extended with dual rear wheels (like in the photo of the Galleria on the
Coachman website). Probably NOT an XD, but who knows what basic van Coachmen purchases in quantity to upfit to the Galleria configuration.
Here's the link to the Galleria on the Coachman site:
https://coachmenrv.com/class-b-motorhomes/galleria
Scroll down a ways and you can see the 4 different floor plans, with the length/height/weight/width (all 4 variants are the same) and all of them
have the 11,030 GAVWR (which might be considered "XD").
So, there you have it.
All of the other Coachman Sprinter based RV are built on Sprinter Cab/Chassis!
Roger
Roger,

I thought you had informed me you had removed my information on my VIN and DATA CARD from your computer. Or was this all just a guess?

D

Deleted member 104427

Roger,

I thought you had informed me you had removed my information on my VIN and DATA CARD from your computer. Or was this all just a guess? So much for asking someone in this forum for some privacy.

Roger,

I thought you had informed me you had removed my information on my VIN and DATA CARD from your computer. Or was this all just a guess? So much for asking someone in this forum for some privacy.
Can anyone here meet your expectations?

This is an open forum.

It is not a gathering of minions that you can order around to do your bidding.

You seem to expect everyone to do your work for you... and even then when they try to oblige you often respond with attitude.

It doesn't work that way.

Someone mentioned that you were burning bridges.

I feel you have fire bombed any normal expectation of good will that might exist.

I'm not inclined to interact with you... but that's just me.

:cheers: vic

Added:
I will be happy to delete every thread that you have opened/initiated in an attempt to protect your privacy. All you need to do is ask for that to be done right now at approx. 9:43 pm DST. (Burying that request in some other thread doesn't count.)

Last edited:

sailquik

Roger,

I thought you had informed me you had removed my information on my VIN and DATA CARD from your computer. Or was this all just a guess?
Actually, I deleted your OEM Build data info as I said I would.
I have not disclosed anything I did not get from all the posts you've recently put on this thread.
Saying I provided you with the information you asked for and asked me to delete is very different
from "sharing" your information with anyone, which I have never done , nor will ever do without permission.
Sorry,
Roger

Kanga

Hey 104427, I think you might have more luck going to the Ford Sprinter forum.
They really know their stuff over there.

D

Deleted member 104427

Can anyone here meet your expectations? YES, NONE quitters.

This is an open forum. TRUE, that is why "order" as important as to the contact not being miss directed with a lack of information from the uninformed read. SOME NOT ALL have there on reasons for trying to distort the content of a message. members who come into a conversation without reading the topic line. As if walking into a conversation with only one part of the content of the message. Then there is NAME calling and accusations of miss dealings. As if children not getting there way while butting into part of the conversation.

It is not a gathering of minions that you can order around to do your bidding. I have not ordered anyone, I have only asked questions about content i did not know about. CALLED A QUESTION. NO ONE here is my MINION. A member opening a forum link has a choice? to read or not read, answer or not answer. Past the topic by or try and help someone with a question and that is not done by asking an unrelated question.

You seem to expect everyone to do your work for you... and even then when they try to oblige you often respond with attitude. THIS IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT. If you read through my responses in VS30 TALK, where I was directed to make a post that more related to my questions I was following, NOT ORDERS but the suggestion to help me find the best answers to my many questions.

It doesn't work that way. I don't have time for anyone with only insults/ I did not ask for or betray member's trust after asking a member of which I was hesitant to give personal content. That person assured me I could trust them and the content retrieved would be for my eyes only. That did not happen and I did feel somewhat betrayed after they gave me their word. which I trusted.

Someone mentioned that you were burning bridges. How can I burn a bride if I have not made a bridge with someone?

I feel you have fire bombed any normal expectation of good will that might exist. Questionable and a matter of opinion.

I'm not inclined to interact with you... but that's just me. That your complete prerogative to do so.

:cheers: vic

Added:
I will be happy to delete every thread that you have opened/initiated in an attempt to protect your privacy. All you need to do is ask for that to be done right now at approx. 9:43 pm DST. (Burying that request in some other thread doesn't count.) If you can truly find within my content where I did not respond to questions relating to the topic at hand and show me why you have the option you have then we can agree. But don't make the decision without asking me as to why, As that is called HONOR.

D

Deleted member 104427

Actually, I deleted your OEM Build data info as I said I would.
I have not disclosed anything I did not get from all the posts you've recently put on this thread.
Saying I provided you with the information you asked for and asked me to delete is very different
from "sharing" your information with anyone, which I have never done , nor will ever do without permission.
Sorry,
Roger
Roger,
Unless I am truly missing something and if I am please let me know. Please read your above post and just the first 12-words and remember or you may recall our conversation/written about privacy. Please let me know where I'm wrong here. Thanks, in advance.

[The manner with which Mr. 104427 replied leaves no quote text.]

Ok.

Carry on.

Have fun using the forum as you deem effective for your purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Why is it so important to you too know my up-fiter has nothing to do with my questions. Unless you can show cause as to why it would?
The reason CawCaw (and myself) are asking "what upfitter" is that it is not at all clear if you are/were buying a "standard" RV (such as Winnebago, Unity, RoadTrek, etc etc). If you are/were, many questions and answers would be far easier (and more correct).
If you are having a "local shop" do your conversion, all you have to do is *say that* (you don't have to say who).
But that would mean that we cannot simply look at (for example) Winnebago's information to help you in your quest.
Clarification is all we seek ... with the goal of helping you.

The name "Sprinter" is the model name for a Daimler (i.e MB, Freightliner ... and (before 2009) Dodge) product.
((there is also a line of "Sprinter" recreational trailers ... which have no relation/connection to the Sprinter vans))
For any Sprinter van built since 2009, you can forget the word "Dodge".

Mercedes (MB) calls the current (2019+) body style and engine selections "VS30". As 72chevy4x4 wrote, the older models were called T1N and NCV3 (MB claims that "NCV3" means "New Cargo Van". "T1N" was supposed to mean "Transporter New" (poorly translated from the German))

The "--3500 4x4, 3500, 3500XD, 511 CDI, 514 " from your data sheet tells me that you have a 4-wheel-drive
As others have written, the "3500" says that it probably has a total of 6 tires: 2 in front, 4 in back (i.e. 2 on each side on one axle).
((two wheel drive would appear as 4x2 ... 4 points of contact with the ground (one rear axle), two wheels power,))
Instead of manually typing your entire datasheet, you could attach it as a PDF (or whatever form you have) or simply tell us the VIN and those of us trying to help could go look it up ourselves.

If your datasheet has the ZG3 option, then it has the "4x4 High Range with Low range transfer case"

What else remains to be answered?

--dick
p.s. Only MB makes a "Sprinter" (trademarked name) van.
Ford makes a similar-shaped van, but it is called a "Transit"
Dodge sells a similar-shaped van, but it is called a "ProMaster"
p.p.s. the above was being written while the go-around with Roger has happening (unseen by me).
Whenever someone has a detailled datasheet then we all assume it's Roger that supplied it, since he is the supplier of over 99% of such datasheets.

Last edited:

Top Bottom