What is a VS30 Sprinter Van?

CanineMan

DogMan
I did find this link online but not helpful to me. As I have ordered a Motorhome which is a Mercedes-Benz with a 2019 chasse but will be a 2020-year when complete. I do have the OEM DATA sheet which is not helpful if you can not read, with any understanding. Little to NO help knowing which VAN? I did find this link online but need to know more like the height to know which VAN. A 2019 MB Reference Quick look Guide as I am trying to understand What is a VS30?

YES, I do have an OEM DATA SHEET, these questions I can not find the answer(s).
Any suggestions as to what you think is the BEST answer without knowing WHAT it truly is?
Any help in knowing which VAN?
Any help in what is a VS30?
Type of transmission?
Spare tire full size?
VAN Height?
Type of Panel VAN?
What is meant by XD?

THIS INFORMATION IS FROM THE DATA SHEET FOR MY CLASS B SPRINTER VAN
vehicle model ------3500 4x4, 3500, 3500XD, 511 CDI, 514
CODES-----------Designation
740L------------- MB USA
AR3 ------------- Axle ratio i= 4,182
D03------------- High roof (Answered Higher Roof for standing up inside RV)
G42------------- 7G-tronic Plus (ANSWERED TRANSMISSION)
IEO ------------- Model Series C907 VS30 Sprinter
IC1 ------------- model Series C907/C910
IR7 ----------wheelbase 4325mm, overhang 2015mm(partly Answered 4325 mm-170WB)"Not sure 2015 mm 79.3"
MG5------------Engine. OM 642 DE 30 LA 140 kW (190 hp)m3800 rpm
MH8 -----------motor schadstoffarm SULEV
X5G------------ without load uprating/derating 5000 kg
X19 ----------- Modification year 9 - 1
XY9------------ Model Year 9
IT5-------------5.0 Tonner
KP6------------SCR Generation 3 exhaust gas cleaning
X5G------------without load-uprating/derating 5000 kg

The MB Websites have been no help and the other MB VAN Website and all amazon vans are all four-wheel vans.

Four tires on rear or two? and please no guessing tell me how you know it so I can know, you know.

Last edited:

cacaw

The VS30 is the latest Sprinter model.

Here's the brochure - it should answer most of your questions. If you have questions about specific options, refer to the Equipment Book.

Can't really answer any of your questions without knowing the exact motorhome you ordered.

Attachments

CanineMan

DogMan
CACAW,

So a VS30 is the lastest sprinter Model for FORD, DODGE as well as MB? So this is 2020. Is it also VS30? and so on 2030 is a VS30? kind of crazy way to keep things in order.

I dId like you downloadable "MY19 Brochures" But lots of stuff I have not seen to date. However, all the VANs shown were all four wheels down No 6-wheels down.

Telling YOU the codes and what is on my data-sheet, won't help me to answer the questions above for myself. How would I know the Height of a van I have ordered from my data-SHEET?.

It has taken me a while to read your Brochure, however is truly not helpful as about 10-time MB says 3500XD But nothing as to what is XD. But I'll keep reading. NO HELP what so ever with four wheels on rear axels as 2500 and 3500 and 4500 all have four as stated but none is shown in a photo. With the question I have posted in my first How would I go about find the answers using the DATA-SHEET? what means WHAT?

What is "Equipment Book"?

Last edited:
CACAW,

So a VS30 is the lastest sprinter Model for FORD, DODGE as well as MB? So this is 2020. Is it also VS30? and so on 2030 is a VS30? kind of crazy way to keep things in order.

I dId like you downloadable "MY19 Brochures" But lots of stuff I have not seen to date. However, all the VANs shown were all four wheels down No 6-wheels down.

Telling YOU the codes and what is on my data-sheet, won't help me to answer the questions above for myself. How would I know the Height of a van I have ordered from my data-SHEET?.

What is "Equipment Book"?
HI

I'm not sure if you are trying to play a bad joke on people here or if you are serious???

If you read the brochure, it's very clear it's Mercedes. Not Ford. Not Dodge.

It has all the answers you have been asking.

cacaw

senator2001 said:
I'm not sure if you are trying to play a bad joke on people here or if you are serious???
The beauty of the internet. :)

I don't mind giving people the benefit of the doubt. If this is someone's idea of a joke, no problem so long as they get a good laugh out of it. If it's someone who actually needs help, still no problem.

CanineMan

DogMan
Okay let me try and answer you Both Senitor2001, This is not a JOKE, TRUE the Brochure was only about Mercedes-Benz. But from what little as this is my first MB Sprinter, FORD, and DODGE both show what someone calls SPRINTER VAN. Please check it out.

Next. CACAW, Motorhome is currently under construction a Class B and it has been a very long wait. I have had class As, FORD VAN I had converted back in 1972, POPUP by Coleman, prior friends & Family Popups, prior to that I was a hiker nothing really big and we all did a lot of tent camping heaver tents with colder weather. Military and Scouts, Young Marines, and friends doing some fishing and hunting trips.

Please tell me why you think this is a JOKE as it is not. Some time back I was directed to this forum for help with MB Sprinter Van and the two contacts I made to Coachmen Class B. I was referred to my dealer. Now I cant keep contacting them every time I have a question. The DATA-SHEET was provided from a member of your forum some Months back. Without going into a lot of detail. Having stated this more than a few times in this forum.

vehicle model 3500 4x4, 3500, 3500XD, 511 CDI, 514
code 740L MB USA
AR3 Axle ratio i= 4,182
D03 High roof
G42 7G-tronic Plus
IEO Model Series C907 VS30 Sprinter
IC1 model Series C907/C910
IR7 wheelbase 4325 mm, overhang 2015 mm
MG5 Engine. OM 642 DE 30 LA 140 kW (190 hp)m3800 rpm
MH8 motor schadstoffarm SULEV
X5G without load uprating/derating 5000 kg
X19 Modification year 9 - 1
XY9 Model Year 9

Now the DATA SHEET is about 9-pages so I'm not typing all of this stuff. I think this would be helpful, but not so much for myself. So are you going to run off and hide now as others have? As I still have unanswered questions above and I was told the expert can be found in this forum. Where they correct or you still think this is a JOKE?

Last edited:
I think this would be helpful, but not so much for myself. So now you going to run off and hide and I will have wait for another member to ask me the same stuff? or maybe refer to another section of the forum? As I still have unanswered questions above and I was told the expert can be found in this forum. Where they correct or you still think this is a JOKE?
being abrasive isn't going to win you any points in the popularity department here. maybe you're just old and crotchety, I may have an in-law like that so I understand where you're coming from. but asking for help understanding details about your van could be better understood by knowing the details of your build.

it sounds as if you have a 3500xd which means it can handle a little more weight than a 3500. since you didn't post info, I'll guess it's a dually(4 in the back) but there is an option for a super single, I'm not an expert but don't gather they are typical stateside. Yours is a regular 170" tall V6 diesel Sprinter. the brochure lists the height. if you're getting another class A then the height would be whatever Coachman adds to the back end.

good luck with your build!

Hey Canine-Man

Most of the questions you have asked are posted directly in the brochure that was given to you. In addition, the info you posted also has answers. You are coming across very aggressive and it appears you don’t want to put in any time to do any reading.

I’m also surprised you spent $100k+ on a vehicle and you don’t know anything about it. But I will do my best to answer your questions.

Any suggestions? - What are you asking here?
Any help in knowing which VAN? As 72Chevy4x4 - you have a 3500XD. It’s a high roof.
Any help in what is a VS30? A VS30 is the latest generation of Sprinter van. They came out in 2019
Type of transmission? As you shared in your last post - G42 7G-tronic Plus
Spare tire full size? Depends - do you have super single or dually in the rear? Contact your dealer on this
VAN Height? The brochure gives you this info. if it’s a stock van - not a camper van conversion - 110.9” for a dually 3500xd
Type of Panel VAN? What do you mean by this?
What is meant by XD? Means the van can accept a higher payload

Hope this helps answer all your questions

Cheers

CanineMan

DogMan
Let me try and answer each in the order shown above "72Chevy4x4"
First as to my being what you called crotchetily, I think anyone even yourself can be with a run-around.
it sounds as if you have a 3500xd which means it can handle a little more weight than a 3500. since you didn't post info, I'll guess it's a dually(4 in the back) but there is an option for a super-single, I'm not an expert but don't gather they are typical stateside. Yours is a regular 170" tall V6 diesel Sprinter. the brochure lists the height.
FIRST let's MAKE IT CLEAR TO ALL I'M BUYING A CLASS B, which is a Van with no sliders. Now I did check over the very detailed Brochure and NOWHERE did I find out what is an "XD" folks do seem to say that in all of my posts asked throughout this forum. I was directed to VS30 TALK But no one seems to know what is a VS30? (read more above) Chevy, Ford, Dodge all have Sprinters. As to the current year were in 2020 and everyone is talking about 2019 for myself that is confusing. Okay so what information could I have posted to help us know what I have? As I typed out above was what I thought anyone would need to know the Model classification. Please NEVER GUESS Thanks, I'm OKAY with "I Don't Know"
What is Super-Single? I do not have that on my DATA-SHEET. YES, that I do know how to convert MM to INCHES 170-WB but the 2015 mm converted to 79.3" and NONE where shown in the Brochure. But the Brochure was helpful and as I had stated the first time I have seen the Brochure. The website never showed any dually.

Senitor2001
Hey Canine-Man HEY

Most of the questions you have asked are posted directly in the brochure that was given to you. In addition, the info you sorry to disagree

I’m also surprised you spent $100k+ on a vehicle and you don’t know anything about it. But I will do my best to answer your questions. YES, a 100K would have been nice try higher, I thought folks from other countries had manors? talking about cost is poor taste.

Any suggestions? - What are you asking here? Where I may find answers to my questions.
Any help in knowing which VAN? As 72Chevy4x4 - you have a 3500XD. It’s a high roof. Where would I find that on the data sheet?
Any help in what is a VS30? A VS30 is the latest generation of Sprinter van. They came out in 2019 So this would include Chevy, Ford, DODGE as well as MB as they all have Sprinters? then you say 2019 when we get the 2030 model it will be a VS30? Just asking for clearer understanding.
Type of transmission? As you shared in your last post - G42 7G-tronic Plus Okay thanks that I did not know
Spare tire full size? Depends - do you have super single or dually in the rear? Contact your dealer on this calling any dealer can be a domino effect. So I like knowing myself as our negotiation will start again soon.
VAN Height? The brochure gives you this info. if it’s a stock van - not a camper van conversion - 110.9” for a dually 3500xd Again with XD what is XD?
Type of Panel VAN? What do you mean by this? This is taken from the DATA-SHEET and everything here has a code and description. But of no help too me, if I do not understand what I'm am reading, Now you should see what I see? Lots of stuff but no good, if you can not understand RIGHT? This why I'm here asking questions.
What is meant by XD? Means the van can accept a higher payload Okay it's good you know that. Now tell me where I can find that written as it is not shown in the Brochure

Hope this helps answer all your questions Only TWO were Thanks as that is more than I got from the many other SPRINTER EXPERTS in this forum.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Let me start by saying I'm posting from the the 'Other side of the pond' so some of the terminology may be different but I'll try and answer your questions as best I can...

...I was directed to VS30 TALK But no one seems to know what is a VS30? (read more above) Chevy, Ford, Dodge all have Sprinters.
That statement is totally incorrect!

Only Mercedes Benz makes a Sprinter. In similar sized vans Chevy makes the 'Express', Ford make the 'Transit', Dodge (RAM) makes the 'ProMaster'.

You will never see a Ford Sprinter or conversely a Mercedes Transit.

... NOWHERE did I find out what is an "XD" folks do seem to say that in all of my posts asked throughout this forum.
In another recent post we came to the conclusion XD means eXtra Duty or Heavy duty, ie increased payload as has been posted above.

What is Super-Single? I do not have that on my DATA-SHEET.
Super Single (SuSi) is where dual rear wheels (six wheels down) are replaced by over sized singles (four wheels down). This is a factory option and CANNOT be altered after build. In this instance front and rear wheels and tyres are different sizes.

...I do know how to convert MM to INCHES 170-WB but the 2015 mm converted to 79.3"
From your earlier post, 2015 mm is the Rear OVERHANG! ie the distance from the centre of the rear axle to the extremity of the rear bumper.

The WHEELBASE is 4325 mm or 170.27 inches.

Have I missed anything?

Keith.

CanineMan

DogMan
Keith,

Thanks,
CanineMan said:
...I was directed to VS30 TALK But no one seems to know what is a VS30? (read more above) Chevy, Ford, Dodge all have Sprinters.
That statement is totally incorrect! Keith, One of the first things I learned, what is a Sprinter and a search of IMAGES came up with Chevy, FORD, DODGE as they were called SPRINTERS and somewhere this was locked down to MB. Please check the web under Images, I'm not the expert.

Only Mercedes Benz makes a Sprinter. In similar sized vans Chevy makes the 'Express', Ford make the 'Transit', Dodge (RAM) makes the 'ProMaster'.

You will never see a Ford Sprinter or conversely a Mercedes Transit.

CanineMan said:
... NOWHERE did I find out what is an "XD" folks do seem to say that in all of my posts asked throughout this forum.
In another recent post we came to the conclusion XD means eXtra Duty or Heavy duty, ie increased payload as has been posted above. Keith, Is this a GUESS? as I can find nothing to collaborate XD being Heavy DUTY, but truly sounds correct, but where is this stated on a MB website? Thanks as it did kill the idea I had of it being only a Diesel.

CanineMan said:
What is Super-Single? I do not have that on my DATA-SHEET.
Super Single (SuSi) is where dual rear wheels (six wheels down) are replaced by oversized singles (four wheels down). This is a factory option and CANNOT be altered after the build. In this instance front and rear wheels and tires are different sizes. Keith, this is very helpful and I can not find this "SuSI" on my DATA-SHEET and I can not see a Motorhome not having dully wheels. A real safety issue at 60MPH and having a BLOWOUT.

CanineMan said:
...I do know how to convert MM to INCHES 170-WB but the 2015 mm converted to 79.3"
CanineMan said:
From your earlier post, 2015 mm is the Rear OVERHANG! ie the distance from the center of the rear axle to the extremity of the rear bumper. YES this I do know (170WB is 4325mm conversion) and understand as it is the 79.5-Inch I'm asking about

The WHEELBASE is 4325 mm or 170.27 inches.
Keith,
As to all questions answered? NOT ALL AS YET, please see the top post for details:

As for me being over here in the VS30 TALK, I was instructed my Questions were POSTED in the wrong part of the forum
and I'm still not truly clear VS30 even means. I was told that it meant "the latest Sprinter Build" and this is where FORD, Chevy, DODGE all jumped into the conversation. Truly I don't care as long as I'm in the right please to get some questions answered. This has been helpful Keith Thank You. Cheers Or in the USA Until then Friend.

Last edited:

dmb496

While reading this thread, some of the posts have me feeling as though I'm in the spinning house with Dorothy and Toto. I hope we get to Kansas, soon.

VS30 is the designation of the 2019-20xx Mercedes Sprinter.
NCV3 was the designation from 2008-2018 (stateside)
T1N was the designtaion of the old-old style when ended in 2006 (not sure when they started).

That's just how Mercedes names their cars. Pretty sure BMW does so in a similar manner, but I'm no expert.

I was surprised to find that Winnebago does make a Class B with a slide unit (y)

So, your 2019 IS a VS30. this forum (VS30 Talk) is the most likely place to get general questions answered for you van.

There is another option for you, the RV and Conversion forum -> https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?forums/5/

cacaw

What is the name of the company you ordered your motorhome from? Which model did you order and which options did you select?

Or, is this a custom van conversion? If so, who is doing the work?

CanineMan

DogMan
While reading this thread, some of the posts have me feeling as though I'm in the spinning house with Dorothy and Toto. I hope we get to Kansas, soon.
Well dm496,
I was once told "In this life never trust what you're told. Inspect, question and examine for yourself" This is called something most people fear, called work. But anything worth a dame is worth the effort you put forth. So if you want to learn to read what you find and you will learn if you put forth the efforts and a bit of homework. Feel free to ask and I will help you where I can.

CanineMan

DogMan
What is the name of the company you ordered your motorhome from? Which model did you order and which options did you select?

Or, is this a custom van conversion? If so, who is doing the work?
cacaw,
Why is it so important to you too know my up-fiter has nothing to do with my questions. Unless you can show cause as to why it would?

Top Bottom