Wanted: Becker Sound-10 (BE 6055) Specifications

orbaddict

Hi all,
I'm upgrading the speakers on my van and am having a hell of a time finding the manufacturer specifications for the Becker Sound-10 cassette head unit. 99% of all internet searches for this model return UNLOCK CODES. Searching Becker returns an online university. Can't seem to find very much about this on here either, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. I know most people just change out the head unit, but I have a large cassette collection and like using the factory unit. Main things I am looking for are output watts per channel, speaker impedance range.
Any help would be appreciated.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Back in the day ... (circa 2005/2006) many people replaced their front (in-dash) speakers.
If i recall correctly, there were some 4-inch (10cm) Panasonic speakers that just dropped in for much better sound.
I just checked the Becker 10/30 manual that came with my Sprinter, and it doesn't mention speaker impedance.
Pulling one of the two dash speakers may find their ohmage on the back of the magnets (one can hope).

They're either going to be 4 ohm or 8 ohm (the usual standard), and i'd guess 8.
(what's a 50% power loss with a Becker 10 head? (answer: "a blessing"))

--dick

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
I ran 4x4 ohm speakers off the stock Becker 30 unit (2 front, 2 in the back). For a short time I ran 4x4ohm off the front channels when I added front door speakers with no issues. I did however end up putting a small amplifier inline to balance out the system and prevent possibly burning out the factory unit, but as I said, it was working just fine on 2ohms. The head unit isn’t actually as bad as folks make it out to be and the only reason I replaced it was to have a backup camera.

orbaddict

Excellent. I already replaced the in dash 4's a few years ago and it made a big difference. I want to add 6 1/2's in the front doors, and now 2 people have told me that the Sound-10 can handle door speakers wired in parallel with the in dash 4's. For the rear channels I have 6x9's in my partition wall and they sound pretty good, but could be better. I just ordered an Alpine 50x4 compact amp to wire into the rear so I can add a sub.

Not that you asked...
I always thought Becker was a quality name. In my opinion the Sprinter Becker SoundXX units must be a low end Becker product. Head unit features have improved so much since the SoundXX units. For not much money you can replace the Sound10 with a unit that accommodates Bluetooth hands free, USB, external cable input, etc. I would suggest replacing the Sound10 before going much further.

Have fun.

:2cents: vic

smcguyer

2006 3500 Cab chassis. With 12' Box.
Excellent. I already replaced the in dash 4's a few years ago and it made a big difference. I want to add 6 1/2's in the front doors, and now 2 people have told me that the Sound-10 can handle door speakers wired in parallel with the in dash 4's. For the rear channels I have 6x9's in my partition wall and they sound pretty good, but could be better. I just ordered an Alpine 50x4 compact amp to wire into the rear so I can add a sub.
I might add the Pioneer under seat subwoofer with adustable crossover and volume adjustment, then add 150 hz bass blockers to the dash speakers. If I can get the cassette player to eject.... sigh... surgery time...

Top Bottom