water pump controller and fuse location

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
Hi Everyone,

Any idea where the fuse for the water pump is in the 2010 Era?
The green light for the water pump on/off switch is not turning on. Of course, the pump isn't running either.
I can't locate the controller. Is it outside in the metal box that houses the water pump rocker switch in the water service area?
I've taken out the panel with all the switches but there isn't a controller behind it.
There is also no controller next to the pump.

I'm also unable to locate the fuse for the pump. There is no fuse right next to the pump, and the fuse panel that has all other fuses for the RV (fridge, macerator etc) does not have a fuse for the water pump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
Since it's a major plumbing/electrical component, it's probably in the power control center, with the other AC breakers, and DC fuses. I don't think there's a "controller" for the water pump. It's just a simple pump.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I don't have a 2010, but 99% sure the pump is 'controlled' by a pressure switch located on the pump . . . . and I agree, the fuse should be located with all the other DC fuses - Check them all to see if any are blown & if you find one, that's probably the one for the pump . . . . unless you have something else that's not working ;)

Don

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
Thanks for the responses.
I've checked all fuses in the power center that has AC and DC fuses. Used a multimeter to check for continuity. All good there.
Electrical issues are a pain in the rear to figure out. The green pump light under the switch turns back on when I remove the 12V power to the pump. Does that give anyone a clue as to what could be wrong?

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
Could be the pump has died, or it's pressure switch is faulty. Check for power at the pump and see what you find. . . . . and (of course) if you're hooked up to city water, I don't think the pump will run even if you switch it on because there's already enough pressure there to open the pressure switch . . . . I think

Don

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Try supplying power directly to the pump, even if you have to remove it to do it. That will tell you if it is a bad pump, or something upstream.
I am betting that your pump has either died, or is bound up.

Sheluav

2016 Nation 24J
I had a similar recent issue on my 2015 Navion 24J. The water pump could not be turned on from the One Place panel, the bathroom pump switch, or the pump switch where the water service is connected. The fuse in the power distribution breaker/fuse box to the water pump checked good. I called One Place folks. They suggested the problem was caused by a missing ground at the water pump control module. I called Winniebago tech support and reviewed the 24J 12 vdc electrical schematic with them to determine where the water pump control module was located in my coach and how it was wired. After all of that I removed the water pump access panel under the rear bunk to get a close look at the water pump and water pump wiring. Turns out on my 2015 Navion 24J, the water pump control module is colocated with the water pump. The water pump control module has 4 male spade lugs on it. They are Switch, Battery, Ground, Load. (front to back). Long story short, the Load connector had somehow come loose and was hiding in the wire bundle. I slid it back on its respective spade lug. Success!! All the water pump switches work now and I am able to turn the water pump on from the One Place display panel.

Last edited:

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
Wow, thanks very much for posting that up. Noted, for any future failures. I hope I don't have to access my pump, it's access is under the bed through a hatch Winnebago kindly cut into the back support under the Froli stuff. Upside down would be the only way to reach it.

TriGlider

For anyone looking for the pump controller, here is a photo of the unit mounted next to the water pump in our Navion 24M.

FCB33754-BB6D-4C24-8CAB-A23B5526B0CB.jpeg

Last edited:

TriGlider

I'm fortunate that my pump is accessible thru an outside storage compartment door. It's chest high and very convenient to service. Pump is beneath a false floor in that compartment.

Top Bottom