Hodakaguy's 4x4 Sprinter Conversion - Pic heavy!

Hi Hodakaguy,

I‘ve been following you on the DIY Cargo group on FB and found your other forum the other day and read through the entire thing. Your work is amazing and your van is turning out beatifully. I was originally going to do the full Adventure Wagon conversion but after viewing your thread - I’m second guessing that. I reached out to your shop in Kennewick to talk about getting panels created for my van.
The biggest issue I have right now is creating the custom braces similar to the ones you created.

Anyways - welcome to this forum! And looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
Ryan

Hodakaguy

Hi Hodakaguy,

I‘ve been following you on the DIY Cargo group on FB and found your other forum the other day and read through the entire thing. Your work is amazing and your van is turning out beatifully. I was originally going to do the full Adventure Wagon conversion but after viewing your thread - I’m second guessing that. I reached out to your shop in Kennewick to talk about getting panels created for my van.
The biggest issue I have right now is creating the custom braces similar to the ones you created.

Anyways - welcome to this forum! And looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I'm getting excited to see the whole thing starting to come together. Mike does great work on the panels, its best for him to have the van though to get a perfect fit up.
I really love the AdvWagon kits, they are top notch! I just couldn't justify the expense for us as I'm usually a DIY guy. You might try a local fabricator and see what they would charge to fabricate some ceiling braces.

Hoping to have another couple updates this weekend ;-)

Hodakaguy

Last edited:

Hodakaguy

Daily update.....

Headliner back from the upholstery shop...recovered in automotive tweed.

Running wiring for a future dash cam and led lighting. The upper headliner area will have a shelf and bulkhead along with LED lighting inside of the bulk head.

Installed....looking good!

My buddy Mike at VanLab starting on the paneling. Paneling you say?....wait a minute....didn't you say that you already built and installed the overhead panels? Well that would be true, but Mike and I got together and decided to tweak a few things to make the fit up even better so we decided to remake the panels. Here Mike is test fitting the forward center section before covering. The track is hanging loose in this pics, they line up once tightened up.

More to come....

Hodakaguy

Last edited:

manwithgun

Unknown member
With all of your savvy implementations, I'm now most curious on how you're planning to secure motos and how many... hitch mount or interior, chocks, load bar, tie-downs, peg locks???

Hodakaguy

With all of your savvy implementations, I'm now most curious on how you're planning to secure motos and how many... hitch mount or interior, chocks, load bar, tie-downs, peg locks???
May eventually have a couple setups...hitch mount and some sort of inside mount, most likely something off the pegs :thumbup:

Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

I often get asked about different tools I'm using in our Sprinter Build and figured I would highlight a few of my Must Have tools in a short video series.
This video highlights my Deburring tool...this tool is soooo handy to clean up edges when drilling holes for Rivetnuts, Plusnuts or just running wires etc.
Hope you find these videos handy for your builds

Aluminum Shaviv Brand Tool Available Here: CLICK HERE
Plastic Shaviv Brand Tool Available Here: CLICK HERE
Royal Products Tool (The Shaviv tools above are a better value) Available Here: CLICK HERE
Replacement Blades: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy

Last edited:

Hodakaguy

Extending the drivers side wire chase board out a bit more to clear the wiring.

Now back up to Mike's at VanLab to get more panel work done.

Mike fitting panels and preparing to cover them in automotive tweed.

Mike hates being on camera so he used the router to whip up a "Home Improvement Wilson Fence Mask".....now he's ready to be in front of the camera lol.

Hodakaguy

• Thanks
Reactions: mve

Hodakaguy

Marine Grade Wire & Heat Shrink Terminals vs Automotive Grade.

In this video I highlight the differences between Marine grade wire & heat shrink crimp terminals vs standard automotive grade. I also cover the difference between standard crimping tools and specialized heat shrink crimp tools.

I use marine grade crimps and wire almost exclusively in all of my builds. This is the 3rd video in a series where I'm highlighting tools, materials and techniques I use while building out our vehicles.

Hope you find this information useful in your builds as well.

Titan Heat Shrink Crimp Tool - On Amazon here: CLICK HERE
Wirefy Heat Shrink Terminals - On Amazon here: CLICK HERE
Ancor Brand Duplex Marine Wire - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Ancor Brand Primary Marine Wire - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Split Wire Loom - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy

Last edited:

Hodakaguy

Back up to VanLab today to work on Panels. Mike is cutting my panels with his CNC machine....they are fitting like a glove!

Getting ready to install one of the new JBL speakers in the rear panel. There will be 4 of these in the rear of the van.

And installed. One 1 of the 4 installed but the sound is a 100% improvement over the OEM units....it sounds great!

Mike fabricating panels....going to look great!

Not sure if Mike is trying to protect his lungs or maybe he just doesn't want to be on camera lol.

Looks sweet!

More to come....

Hodakaguy

MsNomer

I’m not usually impressed by the quality of the product from conversion shops, but this time I’m impressed. Looking forward to seeing more.

Top Bottom