5 picture limit?

Hodakaguy

Hello. New to the forum and hoping to be an active member. I was going to copy over my build thread from another forum where I started it but when I go to post there is a 5 picture limit per post? A lot of my updates have 20-25 pictures per update. I like to post detailed pictures of the build to help others that are doing the same thing. 5 picture limit would make it very time consuming to post up the thread and do updates. Am I not doing something right? Thanks

Hodakaguy

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Yes, the group has a 5-attachment-per-post limit. (from the days when disks cost money)
There are two ways (well, more) around that.
The first is tedious ... just make multiple posts, each with 5 images (folks have done that).
The second is to create an "album", and then use the IMG link to reference them in a posting (there's a 20 image limit (maybe) per post)
The third is similar, but use a 3rd party image repository and provide the URL of the *image* (not a page containing the image) for the IMG argument.
If you have your build on some other site, you could use that 3rd method to bring the images into your posting.

My own method (for putting more than 5 images in a post) is to combine multiple images into one (sometimes as a collage, usually just stacking 2 or 3 vertically (until i hit the 500 kbyte-per-attached-image size limit). Also tedious.

But i'm just a normal user, not a group owner or moderator ... they'll chime in.

--dick

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Shall we increase to 20 and monitor server loads?

It's not disk space that I'm worried about. It's CPU load when processing 20 images to fit within the 1600 x 1600 pixels (down to a manageable 500kbytes / file). If everyone uploads 20 files at 6Mbytes a piece , it will load down the server if there are other people doing the same thing.

EDIT: updated to 20 images / post and 5 non-image attachments / post.

Last edited:

Hodakaguy

Shall we increase to 20 and monitor server loads?

It's not disk space that I'm worried about. It's CPU load when processing 20 images to fit within the 1600 x 1600 pixels (down to a manageable 500kbytes / file). If everyone uploads 20 files at 6Mbytes a piece , it will load down the server if there are other people doing the same thing.

EDIT: updated to 20 images / post and 5 non-image attachments / post.

Thanks that made posting the thread a LOT easier. Got it all posted up. :cool:

Hodakaguy

Top Bottom