San O Van Warranty Repairs

sanomechanic

Took my rig in to MBLN Thursday for a series of concerns:
1: Window run strips coming loose at trailing edge of window. Causes wind/air leaks, especially in high cross wind conditions
2: Water leaking in drivers side foot well. Especially when parked in incline front facing downward.
3: Van jambs on brakes when exiting freeway off ramp if I cross a painted line. This think there is a Service Bulletin for this matter
4: High Line Display goes black and/or display freezes intermittently. Happened 4 times during 8 day trip to Utah / Colorado
5: Something hitting firewall making vibration noise when it reverse. Especially in cold climate and parked on incline.
6: Burning smell like a plastic bag on exhaust. Happens after long mountain hill climb then pulling off at rest area. No fluid leaks of plastic on exhaust

Attachments

Last edited:

Jdz

Since you were at the dealer for updates/repairs any idea if there is a software update to remove the program function that slams into park when a door is opened while moving?

sanomechanic

1: Window run strips coming loose at trailing edge of window. Causes wind/air leaks, especially in high cross wind conditions
2: Water leaking in drivers side foot well. Especially when parked in incline front facing downward.
3: Van jambs on brakes when exiting freeway off ramp if I cross a painted line. This think there is a Service Bulletin for this matter
4: High Line Display goes black and/or display freezes intermittently. Happened 4 times during 8 day trip to Utah / Colorado
5: Something hitting firewall making vibration noise when it reverse. Especially in cold climate and parked in incline. Front of van facing up.
6: Burning smell after long mountain hill climb then pulling off at rest area
Since you were at the dealer for updates/repairs any idea if there is a software update to remove the program function that slams into park when a door is opened while moving?
Never experienced that.

81duck

Yes, this is beyond annoying. When I"m backing into my driveway I have a seam in the concrete that I line the front mud flap up with so I don't hit the house with my ladder. If I forget to stop when I open the door to see where I am, wham, the van jerks to a halt. Then when I go back into reverse there's often a large clunk when it engages :thumbdown:

Jdz

Yes sure seems like a programming error to me! I’m curious if there is a speed limitation to where it won’t do it...but I’m not going to test it out!

81duck

Yes sure seems like a programming error to me! I’m curious if there is a speed limitation to where it won’t do it...but I’m not going to test it out!
Doesn't seem to be any difference with speed, the van jerks to a stop as soon as you open the door. When I'm backing into driveway I'm barely moving.

sanomechanic

Had a black tie strap on my 2019 Cargo. Finally found it and chipped the leftovers off to kill the smell; roasted most of it.
Of course the dealer is trying to claim it's cosmoline buring off. I said 4000 miles and 5 months after. Come on now.

Eric B

Come to a stop, open door, disengage parking brake, then reverse in to your spot - that’s the workaround I do... it will feel like every alarm bell is sounding off at the same time though

same thing with slider door open

81duck

Come to a stop, open door, disengage parking brake, then reverse in to your spot - that’s the workaround I do... it will feel like every alarm bell is sounding off at the same time though

same thing with slider door open
Yes that's my work around as well. It's just when your'e in a tight spot backing up and want to have door open to watch for obstacles or in my case a distance marker it would be nice to be able to keep the slow reverse momentum going. When at a complete stop you have to give these beasts some gas to get them moving again. It's challenging to caress them into moving in reverse slowly again.

Jdz

What happens when a passenger or someone opens a door while underway say doing 30 mph or more in order to re-slam the door because it leaks so much air they thought it wasn't closed, does it slam into park?

sanomechanic

5: Something hitting firewall making vibration noise when it reverse. Especially in cold climate and parked on incline.
6: Burning smell like a plastic bag on exhaust. Happens after long mountain hill climb then pulling off at rest area. No fluid leaks of plastic on exhaust
My van has been at the for dealer a week now. Was told today a new instrument cluster has been ordered and should be in on Friday. Was told they tried to re flash the original cluster and now the cluster is completely dead and van will not even start. Oh Joy.

Last edited:

sanomechanic

Got van back today. New instrument cluster. Reposition heater hose a bracket hitting firewall. New window run strips. Nothing done with lane keep assist hitting brakes so hard. Could not duplicate water leak

Eric B

Regarding the AutoPark function we talked about above.... I got my first MBUSA SafetyRecall letter in the mail for my Oct2019 VS30....

MBUSA fix is hilarious ...

it says the fix for the AutoP is to add a booklet to my owners manual explaining the feature .... hahahahaha

Attachments

sanomechanic

Regarding the AutoPark function we talked about above.... I got my first MBUSA SafetyRecall letter in the mail for my Oct2019 VS30....

MBUSA fix is hilarious ...

it says the fix for the AutoP is to add a booklet to my owners manual explaining the feature .... hahahahaha
Got that as well

Sprinter SS

That going into Park when you open the door is a function of the 7G-tronic. Since that transmission came out in the mid 2000s the cars have done that. Easy way around it is to stop, put it in Park, open the door then put into gear (reverse or forward) the display will beep and go red but at least it will not be in park! I had a GL350 with the om642 and the first time that happened to me I was moving about 7 miles per hour with a Airstream in tow! It immediately went jambed into park....

Top Bottom