Additional Colours

nickelnoff

I was at the Mercedes Commercial vehicles garage a little earlier today which is finally reopened. Plan is to try and get a Sprinter 316 CDI at some point in the next 12-18 months. Took a Sprinter 314 for a 60 minute test drive. Really impressed with it's handling. Bit of a shame that they didn't have a 316 anything other than a standard box van with seating for 3 in the front. Nonetheless got an idea of the height and space available for a future build.

Anyway, one of the other things we wanted to check out were the colours since the German and Swiss configurators only have the dozen or so standard colors and there are a lot more available (around 200). Unfortunately however the only thing our sales rep could should us was on his PC in his office where all the colours were listed out with very small colour icons against the name and colour code of each of the colours. It hardly gave any strong impression of what the Vehicle would ultimately look like.

Has anyone else come across this before? It seems a very awkward way to be choosing a vehicle color based on what is actually able to be shown to the customer.
Funny thing was in the front there was a terrible off yellow looking Sprinter which the sales rep explained had been delivered with the wrong colour.

I have hunted to see if this colour information is available anywhere else but not been able to find anything as yet. Hence my question here.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Back in the old days (2005), there used to be a printed brochure showing many many colors.
BUT ... rendering in print is not the same as a "real" paint color "chip" sample.

(i tried to find one of my brochures to add a photo, but it's not coming to hand)

The Sprinter shares many colors with MB's automobile line, so perhaps visiting that side of the dealership could give clues.
--dick

elemental

Dis member
Has anyone else come across this before? It seems a very awkward way to be choosing a vehicle color based on what is actually able to be shown to the customer.
Funny thing was in the front there was a terrible off yellow looking Sprinter which the sales rep explained had been delivered with the wrong colour.
Picking paint colors for your house (interior or exterior) based on the little paint samples at the paint store is at least as hard. I end up having to paint a big part of a wall before I can understand what the color will look like in my house under my house's lighting conditions.

cacaw

Just curious, what sort of color are you looking for? When I was shopping for ours, I could have any color I wanted, so long as it was either white or black. I got lucky and found a silver one.

This blue looks cool, but I wonder if I'd get tired of it after the first week.

1590438546123.png

Top Bottom