Febi timing chain tensioner defective?

Skanmyth

I am in process of changing my timing chain on my 2013 Sprinter, engine OM642. I was priming the new Fabi timing chain tensioner and noticed it was not getting harder but old tensioner pulled out of my old motor gets much harder when priming and it get to a point extremely harder to push the pin. I have uploaded a video of new Febi tentioner and old tentioner priming.

I appreciate anyone have experience with these tensioner can let me know if Fabi tentioner I have is defective or is this normal for brand new tentioner?

I will be installing the egr cooler tomorrow would like to know if the Fabi tentioner is defective then I will use the old tentioner.

Skanmyth

I see no response from anyone. Anyway I got a chance to speak to a matchanic today he said reason old tentioner had more tention is becouse inside oil would have filled properly tentioner need to be installed for oil to flow through to work properly. I did the second test submerged the whole tentioner into oil and after few pumping it got harder it did not get hard as the old one but was much harder than on first video.

Below is the second test uploaded to YouTube.

Top Bottom