BC/Yukon/Alaska plans 2020...???

Anjay

I have done Dawson City and Alaska two years ago at the end of August till middle of September. On way south on Sept. 16th got snowed in at Laird Hot Springs. Till we got to Prince George it was -6*C. Not a hardship in well insulated van except: every top of hill was under snow and icy. No big deal going up hill but coming down is a different story.
Well, it was harder on me than the van let’s put that way.

borabora

I have done Dawson City and Alaska two years ago at the end of August till middle of September. On way south on Sept. 16th got snowed in at Laird Hot Springs. Till we got to Prince George it was -6*C. Not a hardship in well insulated van except: every top of hill was under snow and icy. No big deal going up hill but coming down is a different story.
Well, it was harder on me than the van let’s put that way.
I can imagine the stress level. It starts snowing and you don't know whether it will be a bit of slush or a foot that will kill progress for a week. Laird Hot Springs is not a bad place to be stuck, though.
I love Dawson City and how civilized and remote it is at the same time. I drove on to Alaska on the all-dirt, top-of-world-highway without seeing a single car for the drive. When I got to the border crossing I got some weird looks as I was in a Prius (Sprinter is a new acquisition). I think Whitehorse to Dawson City to Tok is one of the most worthwhile drives in Yukon/Alaska. Loop back to Haines Junction if more Alaska is not on the agenda.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT

glasseye

Excellent. For those not willing to follow the link, here's some additional info

Failure to comply is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to $750,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to six months.

If a traveller causes a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person while willfully or recklessly contravening the regulations, they could be liable for up to $1,000,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to three years.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Excellent. For those not willing to follow the link, here's some additional info

Failure to comply is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to $750,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to six months.

If a traveller causes a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person while willfully or recklessly contravening the regulations, they could be liable for up to $1,000,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to three years.
Yessir, let's keep our daily infection rate count below 30!! :rad:

Last edited:

Top Bottom