AC not working / Blowing HOT Air - SOLVED!

Been having problems with the AC in my van for a while now. It works intermittently, mostly in cooler temperatures. Anything over 80+F outside and it just blows hot air.

After doing some of my own troubleshooting and taking it to a couple Sprinter Shops / AC shops here in Phoenix, no one had any solutions.

On a whim I replaced the Climate Control panel with a re-built one purchased on Ebay from Module Repair. $199 + $100 refundable core deposit.

Shipped in 3 days, about 30 minutes to install, and my AC works Perfectly now!! Just tested it after the van had been sitting in 100+F heat all day.

Worth a shot if you have similar issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-02-0...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Glad you had good results. For the electronic repair savvy, a common failure is the solder at the clutch control relay cracks. This is located roughly behind the temperature knob on the PCB.
The relay contacts have also been reported to go bad. It has been discussed in other threads that an 86 relay or similar can be added externally and wired in. That said, the exchange ATC unit is not a bad deal.

vic

Upon taking the old control module out, there was some rattling like a piece on the circuit board came loose. Not surprised it would be a common issue as this guy is taking old modules and repairing them.

For me, the $199 was well worth the effort of trying to figure this out and repair it myself!

jrod5150

Looks like there are few companies repairing the climate control modules. Based on this video (from ECU Team) it's more comprehensive that solder joint failures. Sometimes finding that rare $5 part makes paying for the repair worth it.

ECU Team - no pricing on website
Vehiclemodule.com - $189
Module Repair Pro - $129

Anybody had experience with any of the companies, or others?
Just module repair pro. They are local so I use them often. Gino is a really good guy, hes always stood behind all his work.

trout fang

2004, 2.7L, 5cyl, 169k
I have the replacement controller module but can’t find good installation instructions or videos anywhere. Do you have notes or photos, or did you find good instructions you can share?
Thanks,
Phillip

Been having problems with the AC in my van for a while now. It works intermittently, mostly in cooler temperatures. Anything over 80+F outside and it just blows hot air.

After doing some of my own troubleshooting and taking it to a couple Sprinter Shops / AC shops here in Phoenix, no one had any solutions.

On a whim I replaced the Climate Control panel with a re-built one purchased on Ebay from Module Repair. $199 + $100 refundable core deposit.

Shipped in 3 days, about 30 minutes to install, and my AC works Perfectly now!! Just tested it after the van had been sitting in 100+F heat all day.

Worth a shot if you have similar issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-02-06-DODGE-SPRINTER-Climate-Heater-AC-Control-Mercedes-Freightliner-EXCH/232412493203?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

This video will show you how to remove the center console paneling to get to the module. From there I think I just installed the new one the same way the old one came out. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was pretty plug and play, just a couple of cables for the knobs and a wire harness.

I have the replacement controller module but can’t find good installation instructions or videos anywhere. Do you have notes or photos, or did you find good instructions you can share?
Thanks,
Phillip

trout fang

2004, 2.7L, 5cyl, 169k
Super helpful! Thank you. I’ve seen another video where a guy messes around with the interior cable settings and the module knob settings trying to figure out how they aligned before putting the new one in. Did you have any trouble with this, or did you find any instructions on how to make sure they are aligned correctly?

This video will show you how to remove the center console paneling to get to the module. From there I think I just installed the new one the same way the old one came out. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was pretty plug and play, just a couple of cables for the knobs and a wire harness.

2016 sprinter air conditioner blows not very cool air and after running for about 15 minutes the fan slows down turn the air off fan speeds up any have any ideas on what's wrong ?

Top Bottom