TN wheel question (and resource recommendations)

Displacedak

Hi!
I’ve got a new (to me) 1989 310
I’m in Washington state, and wondering if anyone here has any leads for resources for these vans.
Also,
Does anyone know if the bolt pattern is the same on these as on the subsequent sprinters?
(I’m looking through the manual, but nothing is jumping out. I’ve got 5 lugs.)
Thank you!
Apologies if this is in the wrong space!

pfflyer

I cant help you with your question but would be interested in some pictures of your 1989 310. Right side drive? There is a Regional Discussions section and Europe or whatever region your van came from might be a good spot for this question.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
There was a basic service manual with some diagrams posted for the TN somewhere. Maybe that's the one you have?

The easiest way to confirm wheel pattern is to measure your center bore. If that matches the T1N, then you are 95% likely to have a match. I am not sure on offset, but its likely similar.

IIRC the TN has the same pattern as the T1N, but I have never had my hands on one, so thats just hearsay.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Measure from the center of your hub to the center of your lug (bolt?). My 2006 T1N has a 5” 5 hole pattern.
Is this the orange one that was on EBay a while back? Left side drive, Manual trans, no turbo?

Displacedak

Thank you for your replies!
I’ll measure this evening and report back.
And no, not the one from eBay,
Mine’s red, (a former German fire truck) left-hand drive, 2wd (w/rear locker!) gas, non-turbo.
I’ll hopefully post some pictures too!
Thanks!

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
There was a basic service manual with some diagrams posted for the TN somewhere. Maybe that's the one you have?
Yep, there is a scanned copy of a Peter Russek manual which includes the 310 in DIY Sprinter but unfortunately it doesn't cover gas engines...

IIRC the TN has the same pattern as the T1N, but I have never had my hands on one, so that's just hearsay.
Agree, fairly certain they are the same.

The 1989 310 is what I refer to as a 'Flat front' as it has a very distinctive upright grill and short, near flat, bonnet (hood).

Keith.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
With regards to the engine, the gray market trick is to figure out what models were imported with that engine and get the Haynes manual for that.

Based on past experience with my Grandpa’s gray market Benz, the Mercedes-Benz dealership will be your best friend and parts will be surprisingly available and affordable but always a few weeks away. Write your Vin on the back of the dealerships card for quick reference.

Displacedak

Measure from the center of your hub to the center of your lug (bolt?). My 2006 T1N has a 5” 5 hole pattern.
So, when I measured, hub to lug, it was ~2.5”
Lug to lug (skipping one) was closer to 5”, I’ll get out there again tomorrow, it was a little dark when I looked.

Top Bottom