Best Tires for 2020 2500 4x4

lndscpe

I haven't seen anyone running 275/65/18 and wonder why? They measure virtually identical to 275/70/17 and seem to me to be a better choice in case there is a future hack available for the Adaptive Cruise Control limitation on tire size and allow an upgrade to a larger tire while still looking good.
Collin I’m running that exact size on my 2020 4x4 Crew. They are General Grabber ATX 275/65 x 18’s. I chose the 18’s as the 18’s are the same size on my RAM pick ups, although my RAM 2500‘s run 33” as the stock tires size and I was hoping to run the 33’s but my Crew has the distronic so Im limited to the 32” size, although they look just fine for what I’m doing with the van. The 275/65 x 18’s side wall is really close to the OEM sidewall sizing. I’m not planning on too much rock crawling work so the sidewall remaining the same would give roughly the same driving feel laterally as the oem tire sidewall sizing ........ and I like the 18’s ?
A1A62833-D42A-435A-858F-886AFAF19C37.jpeg

judah8750

I use Michelin 265/75r16 LTX M&S. Awesome , quiet ride, good fuel economy. Works great in snow and loose gravel and sand . They will last 75k miles tooView attachment 142336View attachment 142337View attachment 142338
Sano, you just about have me convinced to buy these tires with your dedicated advocacy around the forum. I've used the Ko2's years ago on my trucks because I believed they had a tougher sidewall than other tires. Looks like they both have a 10 ply rating, so no advantage from the KO2's against a sidewall tear correct? The KO2's state their design deflects rocks from the sidewall but that doesn't seem legitimate to me.

BigDC

Judah, Sano’s Michelins are a great tire. I have had great luck with the Yokohama Geolander G015. Very quiet, great mileage, but slightly more aggressive tread.

Run KO2s on last van 2016 Crew. Had them on a Lexus LX470 and a Tundra. All 3 vehicles would get vibrations and tires would get loud. Would have to re balance tires frequently. The tread cap is so heavy and stretches out of round after 3-6 months of high speed spin cycles. That's why I went with Michelin. They stay in balance and do not get noisy when rubber hardens with age. KOs do look cool but...I'm over looking cool. I'm in to quiet, smooth ride these days. Just my 2 cents....
I love the look of K02s as well, but have had the same issue with needing to rebalance them at every tire rotation on my Tundra and Tacoma.

sanomechanic

yes. That’s the size I’m running. I concur with other comments about struggling to keep the BFGs in balance, especially as they age.
Yep.. I owned tire store for 15 years. Those KOs get stretched out of round.. Think the caps are so heavy that when they spin at 80 MPH. they don't come back round

samoter

I was thinking of going with 265/70 r17 ko2's on my new VS30 4x4 144" because I went with 275/70 r17 ko2's on my 2016 4x4 144" and kind of thought they were too big. Either way I am doing the agile fender kit. I am just waiting for my 17" 38 offset black rhinos to arrive. What do you guys think, should I go with the 265's or the 275's?

Jupiter_Shrugged

Junebug vs. Hurricane
I'm considering 235r85-16 on the factory steel rims on my '19 144 4x4... Either Goodyear Duratrac or BFG KO2.

My van has the 3.923 final drive ratio, so I'll give up a little torque... We do lots of highway travel.

Does anyone have any experience with this set up?

Last edited:

Jaydavis226

BFG 275/70/17 on Roambuilt Trail Ready.. bronze bull matches mil spec Roambuilt skid plate. Agile mudguard trim package.
I feel that wheels for these rides are limited and not appealing with a standard 17x8 with a not so aggressive offset.
I just discovered these wheels today my opinion is these are hands down the best looking aggressive looking wheel. The flat surface with a lip gives a wide look more than the standard 8in.
What is the width and offset on this rim? They are a bit pricey with nice options included.

surferJ

I'm considering 235r85-16 on the factory steel rims on my '19 144 4x4... Either Goodyear Duratrac or BFG KO2.

My van has the 3.923 final drive ratio, so I'll give up a little torque... We do lots of highway travel.

Does anyone have any experience with this set up?
4B4FAFD7-468F-4756-BF38-9F9E8F6683A0.jpegD159A8FD-C474-4046-86A5-1AB6F6445BBA.jpeg
These suit me fine. All systems ops normal and traction when needed. Confidence and look goods. Now to fit the full spare in the cage?

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Yep.. I owned tire store for 15 years. Those KOs get stretched out of round.. Think the caps are so heavy that when they spin at 80 MPH. they don't come back round
Hello Sano, curious do you ever have to drive in m&s and/or icy conditions very often ?
Thinking on the KOs or similar myself but you make some good points re quiet and ride quality etc.
I do have to drive in some slightly nasty conditions in winter.

Top Bottom