Best Tires for 2020 2500 4x4

Sungalashee

I am about to receive my 2020 2500 4x4 and have already purchased 17 x7.5 Method 701 Wheels. I am contemplating putting the following tires on. Does anyone have any thoughts on tires for the new beast? Can I go too far wrong with these?....Thanks
B.F.GOODRICH
ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2
Size: LT245/75R17 121S
Category:All-Terrain All-Weather

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Many go with 265/70R17 in your situation. The ATKOs are a reasonable compromise choice, depending on your usaged.
I am still wearing out the original tires on my 2018.

maz

UK Nottm 2008 315cdi4x4 van
Hello , alot depends on your usage , so can you let us know what sort of terrain you will be on and what percentage

Sungalashee

I’d say my use will be 70% blacktop, and the rest gravel forestry roads and trails. No serious off road Ing but certainly the odd rough trail

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I’d say my use will be 70% blacktop, and the rest gravel forestry roads and trails. No serious off road Ing but certainly the odd rough trail
Some complain that the BFG ATKOs are noisy. I have them on a 4runner, and they are the quietest tires I have had on it, in 270k miles.
These are a great compromise tire, as they work well on the road, reasonably well off road and reasonably well in snow.
More aggressive tires have drawbacks in one area or another.
As I said earlier, with 17' wheels many go with a slightly wider/slightly lower profile tire. LT265/70R17 will still fit in the spare tire carrier and won't rub.
They are very close to the same height as the OEM size, so the speedo will be approximately correct.

Sungalashee

Some complain that the BFG ATKOs are noisy. I have them on a 4runner, and they are the quietest tires I have had on it, in 270k miles.
These are a great compromise tire, as they work well on the road, reasonably well off road and reasonably well in snow.
As I said earlier, with 17' wheels many go with a slightly wider/slightly lower profile tire. LT265/70R17 will still fit in the spare tire carrier and won't rub.
They are very close to the same height as the OEM size, so the speedo will be approximately correct.
Thanks for that. I was hoping that I could go with the 265s as you recommend but heard they rub on 2019 +

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Thanks for that. I was hoping that I could go with the 265s as you recommend but heard they rub on 2019 +
Winnebago uses 265/70R17 with their custom wheel package on the Revel. But they don’t give you a spare, so I haven’t heard if a spare fits on a 2019.

tegan_ca

Build Planning
Hankook ATMs have been great from winters in northern Mt to summers in Jtree and everywhere in between. Heard they are a little quieter on pavement than the Falkens above, and both are quieter on pavement than the K02's.
I have a 235/85-16 so tall and skinny on a '17 4x4.

GMAN_867

My top two tires were the K02 and the Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT. Probably can't go wrong with either but I decided on the Coopers 275/70/17. Also went with the Black Rhino Yorks on my 2018 4x4. I've tested limits to the point of getting stuck in mud (because of a trailer) and I'm happy with on and off road capability. I believe these are the largest wheels that fit on a stock van with absolutely no rubs. Plus it gives me a little more top speed over stock :)

Attachments

mk216v

With a factory offset wheel (50-54mm) a 2019+ 4WD (VS30) Sprinter 2500 or Revel can safely run 245/70-R17 tires(stock size) without fender modification. With the installation of Agile NoRub Mini-Fenders, can run max of 275/70-R17 with those wheel offsets without rubbing, upgraded susp or not.

BFG K02's are very popular as seen here on the forums.

BigDC

With a factory offset wheel (50-54mm) a 2019+ 4WD (VS30) Sprinter 2500 or Revel can safely run 245/70-R17 tires(stock size) without fender modification. With the installation of Agile NoRub Mini-Fenders, can run max of 275/70-R17 with those wheel offsets without rubbing, upgraded susp or not.

BFG K02's are very popular as seen here on the forums.
I also have the same Coopers on my 2019 4x4 and hate them. They’ve been balanced by two different shops a total of 4 times in under 4000 miles. Each time the balance is way off and requires a lot of weight retooling. The last (and second) road force balance has been the best, but it’s not perfect. Could get warranty replacement.
Not a fan of BFG anymore due to poor wear characteristics.
I can’t confirm on a sprinter, but I’ve had great luck with Toyo AT2 on a couple one ton diesel trucks.

marsay

I'm a huge fan on the KO2's. On my third set. I got 60k out of my last four on my NCV2 and probably could have run them for another 5-10k. I try to take it pretty easy on the throttle and braking. Just put a set on my new VS30 and they ride great on-road and perform well in the dirt (have about 7k on this set now). If your van is primarily unloaded, just make sure to keep the air pressure slightly below the recommended or you'll get uneven wear (they'll wear down the center).

Mein Sprinter

Known member
I use Michelin 265/75r16 LTX M&S. Awesome , quiet ride, good fuel economy. Works great in snow and loose gravel and sand . They will last 75k miles tooView attachment 142336View attachment 142337View attachment 142338
Yes, will install similar on our modified 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS this Monday at AgileOffroad. Our current Michelin 245/75r16 LTX M&S are quiet and seem to last a long time thus going for the 265s for better traction off grid. We're also having Agile add their RIP (ride improvement package); a spacer will be needed for these 265.

cheers...

sanomechanic

Yes, will install similar on our modified 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS this Monday at AgileOffroad. Our current Michelin 245/75r16 LTX M&S are quiet and seem to last a long time thus going for the 265s for better traction off grid. We're also having Agile add their RIP (ride improvement package); a spacer will be needed for these 265.

cheers...
I removed 245/75r16 Michelins. It is amazing how much better 265s handle and feel. Really improves ride quality

pygmyowl

For my 2019 4x4 Sprinter 144 - ordered BFG 265/70R17 from Agile Offroad with Black Rhino wheels (45mm offset) and they rubbed - had to order the "No Rub" kit

• Thanks
Reactions: mve

Top Bottom