Best Tires for 2020 2500 4x4

smittylube

I am not sure of the offset but the Revel does come with the Method wheels. I saw the specs somewhere, but I could not find it last few times I looked.

We like the tall/skinny tires. Went with Cooper Discoverer AT3 235/85/R16 on stock steel wheels. No trimming or mud flap kit and no rubbing. Will install the Terrawagen mud flap kit just to make sure we don't rub off-road. I've had great success with Cooper Discoverer's on my work truck (06 Tundra) and previous Transit van. Very quiet, awesome traction, long life and not too aggressive looking. On my Tacoma, I had 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx and they were also fairly quiet and great offroad, but they pull hard to the right. Discoverer AT3 is a very solid tire. $170/each at Big O.
IMG_0363.JPGIMG_0364.JPGIMG_0365.JPG

Seacoaster

I just put Pirelli Scorpion A/T’s on my van. As compared to the stock Michelin’s, they are noticeably quieter, ride is definitely improved, the van feels more planted. I drove it yesterday in 14” on cement style snow, they performed really well and this AM in 8” of mid moisture content snow, again, no problems. Thus far, I’d recommend them.

smittylube

I have to say these aggressive tires all look amazing to me, but I think of the % of off road I would be doing and I don’t expect that to be more than 1% of the time personally. So the likes of a tire like the defender Michelin and 4 wheel drive should be sufficient in most off road situations. Additionally I would say for me personally it would be on road in the snow In 4 wheel drive heading to the slopes for a day of boarding. The quiet smoother riding tires gets the win for comfort overall.. I also question the off road in a van this size. I know I don’t want to go bush whacking or tree scraping the sides.

Its tough because I really love the look of the monster tires.
this being my favorite..

Attachments

Seacoaster

I have to say these aggressive tires all look amazing to me, but I think of the % of off road I would be doing and I don’t expect that to be more than 1% of the time personally. So the likes of a tire like the defender Michelin and 4 wheel drive should be sufficient in most off road situations. Additionally I would say for me personally it would be on road in the snow In 4 wheel drive heading to the slopes for a day of boarding. The quiet smoother riding tires gets the win for comfort overall.. I also question the off road in a van this size. I know I don’t want to go bush whacking or tree scraping the sides.

Its tough because I really love the look of the monster tires.
this being my favorite..
I hear you, I can’t speak to the defenders, but my Pirelli A/T’s are a significant improvement over the Agilis LTX in ever respect(I’ve not checked mpg)

smittylube

Checking size specs they do offer a ko2 in 276/65/17 with roughly 1/2" larger diameter, but about 1" wider.. decisions decisions. I don't see it offered in the Michelin defender.
Also they show 265/65/17 as being exactly the same diameter as the 245/70's I have now. 1"wider.

Last edited:

smittylube

I’ve been searching tires and specs on tires. My Revel claims 75psi rear tires. When I look at weight rating and psi I see some at lower weight descriptions as well 44/50 psi max. Makes me think forget about those. It seems the K02 have kept these higher ratings. I’m thinking 275/65/17 with 31.1 diameter over my current 245/70/17. Not many available in this size.

Last edited:

smittylube

Weight specs claim my Revel is roughly 7200 lbs with a fully loaded max of 8500lbs.
With the K02 tires and some others having 80 psi max and my current 245's rated at about 3000lbs I see some tires with lower psi ratings.
would 2750lbs rating @ 50psi be ok in a 275/65/17?

mk216v

I’ve been searching tires and specs on tires. My Revel claims 75psi rear tires. When I look at weight rating and psi I see some at lower weight descriptions as well 44/50 psi max. Makes me think forget about those. It seems the K02 have kept these higher ratings. I’m thinking 275/65/17 with 31.1 diameter over my current 245/70/17. Not many available in this size.

Weight specs claim my Revel is roughly 7200 lbs with a fully loaded max of 8500lbs.
With the K02 tires and some others having 80 psi max and my current 245's rated at about 3000lbs I see some tires with lower psi ratings.
would 2750lbs rating @ 50psi be ok in a 275/65/17?
Max psi all depends on tire size, load rating (E, D), etc. These are specs from the tire manufacturer. For example, the very popular 275/70/17 BFG K02 is E load, max load per tire of 3195psi at 80psi. If you ran the tire at 70psi, your max load drops below 3195lbs (there is hopefully a calculated spreadsheet from BFG showing the max load at 75psi, 70psi, etc...). Note the 275/65/17 BFG K02 is the same 3195lbs max at 80psi max. You'd have to contact BFG technical to see if they can tell you the max load (lbs) of that tire at 50psi.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew

Top Bottom